dead and raised back to life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
The disciples of Christ performed many miracles, but after their time miracles became rare. I believe God gave them the power to perform miracles to help the spread of the gospel, as the miracles drew a lot of attention and people were more open to hear the gospel after they witnessed a miracle.

Miracles are rare in our days because most people have heard the gospel, so God doesn't perform miracles on the scale He used to in biblical times. But there are still thousands of miracles happening around the world, a lady at my Church was given a few months to live due to cancer.
We all preyed diligently and she has made a miraculous recovery and the doctors are absolutely amazed, they had to apologize for telling the family to prepare for her death.
Is it only ladies at your church that miraculously get healed from cancer or even muslims/atheists/Hindus/pagans and everyone of them praises what they think is their god's doing?

This is not proof for anything. The gifts ceased because the perfect came.

1 John 4:
12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 13Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. 14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Everything else is just fear including following ABC to see if there are miracles or not.

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
you can limit God all you want To suggest that God does not perform miracles on any scale that man sets is wrong and prideful. You do not know all God does each day nor are you able to say with authority such a claim. That is why I'm in direct oposition to this unbiblcal thinking because the word of God is and the testimony of the people.
I heard a sermon just the other day and the speaker said that there aren't anywhere near as many miracles in out time as there was when Jesus walked the earth and soon after He departed. The speaker reasoned that it was because the gospel was being introduced to the world and the miracles helped spread the gospel.

You bring up a good point in that we don't know how many miracles are happening all over the world every day. There are over 7 billion people so there must be hundreds of miracles every day but we just don't hear about them. Then we have men like Benny Hinn who has made a fortune selling miracles, and drawing big crowds of sick people hoping for a miracle.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
I heard a sermon just the other day and the speaker said that there aren't anywhere near as many miracles in out time as there was when Jesus walked the earth and soon after He departed. The speaker reasoned that it was because the gospel was being introduced to the world and the miracles helped spread the gospel.

You bring up a good point in that we don't know how many miracles are happening all over the world every day. There are over 7 billion people so there must be hundreds of miracles every day but we just don't hear about them. Then we have men like Benny Hinn who has made a fortune selling miracles, and drawing big crowds of sick people hoping for a miracle.
Nope.

There are just as many miracles or even more than during Jesus' time but we know where they come from:

2 Thess 2: 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

Revelation 13:14
13And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14. Because of the signs it was given to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived those who dwell on the earth, telling them to make an image to the beast that had been wounded by the sword and yet had lived.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
you are wrong and out of context yet again . If the man who was dead and came back to life said HE was Jesus you would be correct the context of this testimony is not that. Prideful and wrong you are.
Your inability to draw an application from the scripture is very disappointing. The bitterness you have in your heart for me and the need to demean me as judgmental, well it is not good.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

E

eternally-gratefull

I "generally" don't ignore anyone. Not even EG! :p

What I do, is tend not to "argue" with people like that after having having had a session or 2! Realizing the size of the "chip on their shoulder", and the "stiffness" of their neck? Tells me thing a thing or two in regards concerning people displaying such obviously suspicious "mannerisms, and behaviors!" Not the least of which, is winning! And, it makes no difference to them, how "astray" they traverse in their achieving their win! Except, when confronting their views. Then, they are quite "obliged", into "spinning", or "deflecting", away from their true source, or sources. They dare not "blow their cover!" Especially, should they be "data anylist's", on someone's payroll. ;) If this were Moses' day? "Go BACK to EGYPT, YOU HYPOCRITE!"

They "fear" the "rod of Iron!" Want everyone else to "fear" it too! (y)(y)

(be back later....I hear a tap, tap tapping, at my chamber door! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:)
Who said anything about winning? I am not even a cessationalist. As usal people want to slander and say things about others which is not true, But I guess I should be used to it by now. It just gets worse and worse. The only doctrine I stand firm in is the gospel Because peoples eternity are in question. If that makes me a bad person. Then so be it.

Again, My problem is not with CS1 or anyone else. My issue is with the way he opened the thread, As a mod he should be held to higher standards.

But hey thats ok. I have not spoken much here lately. There is a reason.

As for fear? I fear nothing, except maybe people eternal destiny, which I pray we all do.. And I also do not like it when people slander other people continually, and nothing is done about it. Sadly I kept harping hoping people would see. But as usual. people came after me and let the slanderers go.. Thats alright too. I know my destination. I know I am not right in all areas. And I know in the end. God will be proven to be faithful.

E

eternally-gratefull

that is your opinon about my thread. I have alot of likes and comments and I think the Thread is just fine with your approval or not. If you like you can have your comments DELETED and not respond to it anymore . That too is your choice . :)
You can have your thread.

You have issues my friend, You have serious issues.

People loved the video. If they loved your in the face, Here you go. Na Na Na Na na na!! Then they have issues also. Actually, it is the issue of the church, The church acts more worldly than the world when it comes to proving themselves right, we shoud be ashamed.

CS1

May 23, 2012

right but I think we can discern from this vodeo benny hinn was not involded :) . But you ARE right of the abusies.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Your inability to draw an application from the scripture is very disappointing. The bitterness you have in your heart for me and the need to demean me as judgmental, well it is not good.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
if you are disappointed in what I do I take great comfort in knowing that :). in over welming post the Word of God is and has always been the foundation I use. The context of this video is God raised the Dead. You disagree , and that is your opinion . And you are wrong again . I have no bitterness for you LOL ahahaha I just do not concider your opinon on this topic.

CS1

May 23, 2012
You can have your thread.

You have issues my friend, You have serious issues.

People loved the video. If they loved your in the face, Here you go. Na Na Na Na na na!! Then they have issues also. Actually, it is the issue of the church, The church acts more worldly than the world when it comes to proving themselves right, we shoud be ashamed.
thank you eternally-gratefull for pointing out my issues serious issues. I can sleep so much better now thank you LOL hahahaha .

CS1

May 23, 2012
Who said anything about winning? I am not even a cessationalist. As usal people want to slander and say things about others which is not true, But I guess I should be used to it by now. It just gets worse and worse. The only doctrine I stand firm in is the gospel Because peoples eternity are in question. If that makes me a bad person. Then so be it.

Again, My problem is not with CS1 or anyone else. My issue is with the way he opened the thread, As a mod he should be held to higher standards.

But hey thats ok. I have not spoken much here lately. There is a reason.

As for fear? I fear nothing, except maybe people eternal destiny, which I pray we all do.. And I also do not like it when people slander other people continually, and nothing is done about it. Sadly I kept harping hoping people would see. But as usual. people came after me and let the slanderers go.. Thats alright too. I know my destination. I know I am not right in all areas. And I know in the end. God will be proven to be faithful.
higher standard ? again I did not mention any name you taker my thread the way you want to but know this you do not control me as I do not control you. If your higher standard is i'm not to post a thread that meets your aproval LOL don't hold your breath. the witness of this video stands. And is praise worthy of God. You disagree Ok that is the line you have drawn. take it or leave it . the choice is yours

notuptome

May 17, 2013
if you are disappointed in what I do I take great comfort in knowing that :). in over welming post the Word of God is and has always been the foundation I use. The context of this video is God raised the Dead. You disagree , and that is your opinion . And you are wrong again . I have no bitterness for you LOL ahahaha I just do not concider your opinon on this topic.
You once again make a false assumption because of your bias toward me. I have not said that God did not raise this dead man. I have only urged caution to embrace this as the proof you hope it to be to justify your dearly held beliefs that shape your behavior. I'm German and I am not given to jump on just any old band wagon that passes by. God calls us to be separate from the world. I do hope that all the facts in the news story are genuine and stand the test of time but that still will not change the need for the gospel to be taught to those who are lost.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

For the cause of Christ
Roger

CS1

May 23, 2012
You once again make a false assumption because of your bias toward me. I have not said that God did not raise this dead man. I have only urged caution to embrace this as the proof you hope it to be to justify your dearly held beliefs that shape your behavior. I'm German and I am not given to jump on just any old band wagon that passes by. God calls us to be separate from the world. I do hope that all the facts in the news story are genuine and stand the test of time but that still will not change the need for the gospel to be taught to those who are lost.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

For the cause of Christ
Roger
well we can just agree to disagree. you can not bring any judgement on me nor I on you. I do not care if your german, or from outerspace, that too is not important to me.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Nope.

There are just as many miracles or even more than during Jesus' time but we know where they come from:

2 Thess 2: 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

Revelation 13:14
13And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14. Because of the signs it was given to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived those who dwell on the earth, telling them to make an image to the beast that had been wounded by the sword and yet had lived.
wow so every healing today is of the devil ? Ok I see. So it is better to see the devil doing good then for us to thank God for doing it ? you should read 2thess 2:8 with context as you have posted the verse it says " that serve the lie" and it is done to deceive not bring glory to the Living God.
Rev 13:14 the signs & wonders here are done to deceive not bring Glory to the Lord Jesus Christ. Again a false narritive to discredit what God has done. you error.

CS1

May 23, 2012

For the cause of Christ
Roger
being separate to you is agreeing with you .

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
wow so every healing today is of the devil ? Ok I see. So it is better to see the devil doing good then for us to thank God for doing it ? you should read 2thess 2:8 with context as you have posted the verse it says " that serve the lie" and it is done to deceive not bring glory to the Living God.
Rev 13:14 the signs & wonders here are done to deceive not bring Glory to the Lord Jesus Christ. Again a false narritive to discredit what God has done. you error.
What good and what context are you talking about? Precious to God is the death of his saints, says the Lord and is it not the Lord that sends pestilences (diseases), sword (wars), famine and beasts against His own people? is it not God who said that we are counted for slaughter all day as sheep for his sake?

So the idea that people go around healing others and raising the dead is absolutely against God.

Again:

Psalms 116: 15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servants.

Isa 57: 1 The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart;
the devout are taken away,
and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.

2 Those who walk uprightly enter into peace;they find rest as they lie in death.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Rom 8:
18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.19For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21thath the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, whoi have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

31What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”j
37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,k neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

From this passage alone, the idea that someone can pray and heal or raise people from death is just evil. For through these things, we emerge on the other side of death as conquerors not being brought back to this filthy life on earth.
You don't understand, do you?

CS1

May 23, 2012
What good and what context are you talking about? Precious to God is the death of his saints, says the Lord and is it not the Lord that sends pestilences (diseases), sword (wars), famine and beasts against His own people? is it not God who said that we are counted for slaughter all day as sheep for his sake?

So the idea that people go around healing others and raising the dead is absolutely against God.

Again:

Psalms 116: 15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servants.

and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.

2 Those who walk uprightly enter into peace;they find rest as they lie in death.
the context of this video is not people healing or raising the dead. The context is as it was reported God did it. So you are out of context with your verses you used to discribe this event. If you can't see that then you can't see that.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Rom 8:
18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.19For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21thath the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, whoi have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

31What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”j
37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,k neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

From this passage alone, the idea that someone can pray and heal or raise people from death is just evil. For through these things, we emerge on the other side of death as conquerors not being brought back to this filthy life on earth.
You don't understand, do you?

you do not know the word of god very well. I have never heard of such a preverted context of what people believe God has done over what a man claims to have done. You are suggesting the work of God is evil. What a very dangerious thing to say. You no longer need to respond to my post thank you. And other who have this sick and evil outlook on this video.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
the context of this video is not people healing or raising the dead. The context is as it was reported God did it. So you are out of context with your verses you used to discribe this event. If you can't see that then you can't see that.
Below is what God has reported and between you and them, who shall believe God's report?

Why would God report one thing and do the opposite?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
being separate to you is agreeing with you .
Very unkind statement and very untrue. Why must you be so unloving?

For the cause of Christ
Roger