dead and raised back to life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Ec 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

What's new? Is it possible that ABC news is pranking folks or being pranked by folks?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

E

eternally-gratefull

Well let just look at your first response to my post shall we:

eternally-gratefull
I think it is prety sad that something like this has to be used in a mocking way, And not in a way that praises God. Especially from a moderator.

I have yet to hear anyone here say that God does not do miracles. I have seen miracles myself. As I am sure many have, I personally witnessed a young lady in our church who was diagnosed with emphasima and had two spots on her lungs they were sure was cancer. Then, after my home church prayed for her, she went back a month later and was completely healed. Even the doctors could not explain it, No one could say it was not from God.

What people have a problem with is what many think is nonsense in certain churches who do nothing but put on a show instead of being a body of Christ. And to use this to prove that these things do happen and are from God. Wow. just wow.

If this is a real story ( I will not deny it is, or say it is not real, have no reason too, however, I will not watch it based on the attitude of the OP) then it sad this story is tainted by someone trying to say I told you so.

You drew out all that from my coment:

"For those who say it does not happen today."

"Enjoy your proof as the Word of God saYS ."

I said nothing to you nor was my comment directed to you yet you choose to attack me because you disagree with my comment " For those who say it does not happen today"

Could have been anyone in the world . You have post's that are direct to people and thier doctrine and they are still up today. I saw nothing wrong with them and now you try to hold me to a flase standard because you assume this was directed to whom? I will I did have some reservations because I thought it my troll prople like you and other who have responded. You are athug looking to play gotcha, and you have short memory of your own past actions you hypocrite. The next you address me and make flase claims I will nnot respond to you and I hold you to the so-called standard you try to hold everyone else but yourself.

Good day sir,
Talk about a waste, you have no idea what my point was, and continue to prove it with every post to me.

This is a dead thread, and to bad too, could have been an enlightening one.

I will pray for you.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Talk about a waste, you have no idea what my point was, and continue to prove it with every post to me.

I will pray for you.
Why would God bless a thread that started with ill intent?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

E

eternally-gratefull

Why would God bless a thread that started with ill intent?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
That was my point exactly, It could have been a decent thread, even if we had disagreements. It was destroyed when he made his comments. And just got worse.

CS1

May 23, 2012

I will pray for you.
don't pray for me your heart is not in it thank you anyway. The only that is dead is your so-called influence .

Mar 28, 2016
You are arguing against the word of God. I am not given to hyper spiritualism. God has declared in His word what He will and what He will not do.

We have an expression that says wishing ain't fishing. Wishing something is not going to make it so. Please show me in scripture where we are to seek miracles and wonders in this world? I can show you where God said to witness for Him and have a testimony that will point others to Christ.

Plant the right seeds if you expect a righteous harvest.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

He warns of those who would have us seek after signs and wonders or signs as wonders. Identifying them as a evil unconverted generation, the generation of Adam. Therefore choosing the things pertaining the world after the temporal and not that not seen, the eternal the law of faith.

Chasing after the things seen provides false pride as that which comes before the fall

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.2 Corinthians 4:18

CS1

May 23, 2012
Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

He warns of those who would have us seek after signs and wonders or signs as wonders. Identifying them as a evil unconverted generation, the generation of Adam. Therefore choosing the things pertaining the world after the temporal and not that not seen, the eternal the law of faith.

Chasing after the things seen provides false pride as that which comes before the fall

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.2 Corinthians 4:18
that is were you are wrong , you have taken out of context the testimony over those who need proof of God through a sign. That was not the intent of the testimony nor should it be. BUt if you want to rip out the pages of the New Testament Where Jesus said Go and tell those what happen to you or when Jesus sent His word to John in Prison " Tell John" , again those things which ye do hear and see: 5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. 6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. Matt 11

E

eternally-gratefull

don't pray for me your heart is not in it thank you anyway. The only that is dead is your so-called influence .
Lol, whatever. I will pray for you anyway.

One day maybe you will see your heart.

7seasrekeyed

Ec 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

What's new? Is it possible that ABC news is pranking folks or being pranked by folks?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I'm waaay past caring about is ABC is pranking anyone

frankly I think you cessationists go about pranking or trying to prank everyone

how about do you think God can and maybe does bring the dead back to life in the here and now?

I honestly don't know. but I've seen enough to know I don't know much...never mind everything

and I have had enough personal God 'interventions' in my life to be kind of gobsmacked

so

here

this is so cute and appropriate for you also

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
It's good to leave science speechless from time to time.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
My security protocols don't allow me to accept the cookie agreement on the OP site. I found this report at youtube. It's a mashup of multiple reporting networks covering this story.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Ok. So what can we say? some people have the gift of raising the dead? that some can speak in tongues and heal the sick?
If anyone thinks they have this kind of gift, let them put it to practice in the nearest morgue - there'll be one outcome only, failure; people die and they are gone never to come back especially believers:

Isa 57:
1The righteous perish,
and no one takes it to heart;
the devout are taken away,
and no one understands
that the righteous are taken away
to be spared from evil.

2Those who walk uprightly
enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.

Psalms 116:15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servants.

This video is not evidence for anything.
While God is busy and happy to harvest His people, others think resurrecting them back to chaos is the way to go. All gifts ceased in the 1st century.
You're free to think that. Evidences to the contrary.
Jesus said we will do all that he did and more. And so, we hear this news. God can do anything. Perhaps this boy's love for his father was the doing Jesus referred to. One thing is certain, you cannot say what did not happen here. God knows Tony Yahle is alive after being dead for nearly an hour.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I'm waaay past caring about is ABC is pranking anyone

frankly I think you cessationists go about pranking or trying to prank everyone

how about do you think God can and maybe does bring the dead back to life in the here and now?

I honestly don't know. but I've seen enough to know I don't know much...never mind everything

and I have had enough personal God 'interventions' in my life to be kind of gobsmacked

so

here

this is so cute and appropriate for you also

Love the doggie.

7seasrekeyed

I will pray for you.

you just ride that dead donkey into the ground now

you just whip it and make it trot on

you just show everyone how right you are

the thread isn't dead. apparently someone was though and came back to life?

as I stated, I have been the recipient of your classless ranting on a good number of occasions

and your final 'big blow' comment that you think means 'I've sewn this up' which you say to literally EVERYONE when you don't seem to be having the effect you think you deserve 'I'll pray for you'

do you believe in God? I'd think twice...nay thrice...before throwing that down like a gaunlet

who do you think you are?

just another ant on this thing we call earth, hurtling through space, at the mercy of I AM WHO I AM

like every other one of us

and yet here you are...judge and jury...with an attitude that stinks of hyper self righteousness

how does your head ever fit through a door?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

If the man's son had been "seeking a sign", your comments might have some validity. He wasn't, and therefore they don't.

E

eternally-gratefull

you just ride that dead donkey into the ground now

you just whip it and make it trot on

you just show everyone how right you are

the thread isn't dead. apparently someone was though and came back to life?

as I stated, I have been the recipient of your classless ranting on a good number of occasions

and your final 'big blow' comment that you think means 'I've sewn this up' which you say to literally EVERYONE when you don't seem to be having the effect you think you deserve 'I'll pray for you'

do you believe in God? I'd think twice...nay thrice...before throwing that down like a gaunlet

who do you think you are?

just another ant on this thing we call earth, hurtling through space, at the mercy of I AM WHO I AM

like every other one of us

and yet here you are...judge and jury...with an attitude that stinks of hyper self righteousness

how does your head ever fit through a door?
Blah blah blah

How you can sit there and say there was not somethign wrong with the way this op was started just goes to show where your heart is. He did not open this thread to praise od on a miracle. He opened it to mpck people who disagreed with him, Again, it was his words which were the issue not the story.

His intentions was to slam people he disagrees with, But as we have seen with so many people. You could care less if they sin,, you attack those trying to call them out.

Please put me back on ignore. You allow people to continue in their ways and refuse to call people out.. Your part of the problem, not part of the answer.