DEATH...I WANT TO KNOW!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 8, 2016
Sorry for the late reply. I didn't necessarily mean that my actions weren't good enough. I kind of meant that most days I tend to just ignore God or the though of communicating in prayer with Him. Mostly because I don't really want to change. I would simply rather fade away with time. I guess that's the best way that I can explain it.
You've acknowledged God, so you must also know there is an enemy. Who do you think wants you thinking that you'd just rather fade away, God, or the enemy of you and Him?

Btw, I understand your feelings and depression.
But, it's not possible to just fade away.
It's appointed unto man once to die, and after that, the judgement.
Where will we spend eternity is the question.

With our Lord Jesus Christ, who loves us and gave himself for us,
Or in a place of eternal pain, regret and torment,
because we chose to believe the lies of the enemy,
rather than in the love and goodness God our Savior?

Our actions aren't good enough.
If they were, Jesus wouldn't have had to die for our sins.

But He did, because He loves us and chose to save us.
That's the good news,
but the enemy would try to convince you otherwise.

Please don't give in to it. Take a look around the world.
Now's not the time to lay down and let the enemy of your soul trample all over you.
The Captain of God's Army has already won the war, but battles rage on. Put on the full armor of God, and let Jesus lead you to victory.

If it's battles within, fight them for all you and He are worth, don't let the enemy steal your salvation, your joy, or your peace with God...you have that because of Jesus.

If it's external, ppl or circumstances, remember God is in control, let Him be the light within you, let people know that Jesus saved YOU, and there's no more condemnation,
and let the worries over circumstances
be the things that fade away, not you.
Jesus loves you. Believe Him.
You can rejoice in His victory for you today.

D

Dillon88

I have often thought of Christians and how we really act toward our god I mean think about it we are selfish, gods entire motive was to recreate his image and to see how the human existance could relate after all human existance is the only character that portray his image and also understand when scripture speaks of his image it not a portrait or picture of god it's the image of what god is " faith , hope, and love ". Define God- it means eternal people get a lost idea that his is human but honestly god is the uncreated creator that created the universe and everything in it so therefor God "spirit" can come in any form that he pleases, he is made up of all that exist so what I'm saying is every ounce of Gods time is made up of nothing but human existance and all of our problems he has no time for nothing else so do we as Cristians give him the same in return becouse no one does so after all no we are not good enough in comparison to what he gives us. So how selfish would it be if we just faded into what we wanted instead of what God wanted for us, it is his plan you know!

G

GhostInTheLight

You've acknowledged God, so you must also know there is an enemy. Who do you think wants you thinking that you'd just rather fade away, God, or the enemy of you and Him?

Btw, I understand your feelings and depression.
But, it's not possible to just fade away.
It's appointed unto man once to die, and after that, the judgement.
Where will we spend eternity is the question.

With our Lord Jesus Christ, who loves us and gave himself for us,
Or in a place of eternal pain, regret and torment,
because we chose to believe the lies of the enemy,
rather than in the love and goodness God our Savior?

Our actions aren't good enough.
If they were, Jesus wouldn't have had to die for our sins.

But He did, because He loves us and chose to save us.
That's the good news,
but the enemy would try to convince you otherwise.

Please don't give in to it. Take a look around the world.
Now's not the time to lay down and let the enemy of your soul trample all over you.
The Captain of God's Army has already won the war, but battles rage on. Put on the full armor of God, and let Jesus lead you to victory.

If it's battles within, fight them for all you and He are worth, don't let the enemy steal your salvation, your joy, or your peace with God...you have that because of Jesus.

If it's external, ppl or circumstances, remember God is in control, let Him be the light within you, let people know that Jesus saved YOU, and there's no more condemnation,
and let the worries over circumstances
be the things that fade away, not you.
Jesus loves you. Believe Him.
You can rejoice in His victory for you today.
Yeah... I guess my problem is I don't really want to trust in God fully because I know that eventually I will mess up somehow and I don't want to have a better life and lose it.

D

Dillon88

I believe it's an all or nothing deal!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yeah... I guess my problem is I don't really want to trust in God fully because I know that eventually I will mess up somehow and I don't want to have a better life and lose it.
If you give him all your trust you won't lose your life, trusting him is not something one can just instantly be able to do it takes time and lots personal time with him getting to know him forming a deeper bond with him a closer love you will find the closer you and him become the more you will natural trust him. It has nothing to do with your screwing up because you will screw up all of us do but no matter how many times you fall down what matters is if you refuse to stay down or not

G

GhostInTheLight

If you give him all your trust you won't lose your life, trusting him is not something one can just instantly be able to do it takes time and lots personal time with him getting to know him forming a deeper bond with him a closer love you will find the closer you and him become the more you will natural trust him. It has nothing to do with your screwing up because you will screw up all of us do but no matter how many times you fall down what matters is if you refuse to stay down or not
Yeah... I just don't take failure very well.

T

Terrygold

This is gonna sound stupid...but what if we die and we get there and it is nothing like the bible.described? I know it all boils down to faith? I feel guilty for even.thinking this cause what does that say about my faith? But do you guys mayb have a anwer?

Ive been reading all your replies and thank you for taking the time giving me advice

S

Stranger36147

This is gonna sound stupid...but what if we die and we get there and it is nothing like the bible.described? I know it all boils down to faith? I feel guilty for even.thinking this cause what does that say about my faith? But do you guys mayb have a anwer?

Ive been reading all your replies and thank you for taking the time giving me advice

That does not sound stupid at all. It's perfectly normal to sometimes doubt your faith and consider other possibilities. So I don't think you should feel guilty about having those kind of thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Today is a good day to die.

P

psychomom

although it's important and is God's gift, your faith isn't nearly as important as God's faithfulness. :)

Rather, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Cor 2:9)

W

wwjd_kilden

This might sound a bit cynical but: If it isn't what we imagined, what can we do about it?

Theoretically there are three options:

The God we believe in exists
Another god is the real god
There is no god

As long as I DO believe there is only one God, and that that God is the one of the bible, the second option is irrelevant to me.
...and IF the last option did turn out to be correct, we merely disappear and know nothing of it.

so, since I assume that God exists, and that He is the God of the bible, I don't think we have to worry about what heaven (or the new earth) is like, because we know God loves us, and we will be with Him.

P

psychomom

we know God loves us, and we will be with Him.

yessss!! that's the truly wonderful part of the Promise we so often overlook! (but you didn't ♥)

we. will be. with Him. :)

P

psychomom

Ya the whole not being good enough is kind of a confusion for me, all my life I was told I was never good enough I even think I am not good enough all the time but so many times when I think this to myself I hear father whisper you are good enough for me.

So which are we to believe?
(although it's a bit theologically inaccurate) you can believe this--- :)

[video=youtube;XrLzYw6ULYw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrLzYw6ULYw&spfreload=10[/video]