Death or life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LEPIDUS

May 15, 2012
Is assisted suicide a sin?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
In the eyes of the law, yes. It's murder.

LEPIDUS

May 15, 2012
Oh, im in the wrong state

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I think the orthodox view for Christians has always been that suicide is a sin.
And I don't think we can find any biblical basis for having the right to end our own life.

But even if some disagee about it's sinfulness,
I don't see how anyone could think it would make a good law.

It's a terribly slippery slope to give people legal permission to kill other people.
It can only go badly.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
A choice that individuals should confront themselves and deal with the consequences.

I disagree with it and see it as wrong. Not giving up is in scripture.

Sep 3, 2016
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Cor 6:19-20 NIV

If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy that person; for God's temple is sacred, and you together are that temple. 1 Cor. 3:17 NIV

O

obedienttogod

Oh, im in the wrong state

Do you have something that is leading up to your death prematurely?

Have you been diagnosed with what doctors claim to be incurable?

Or, just ready for this to end, and hope by doing it this route you still remain saved?

LEPIDUS

May 15, 2012
I would like to still be saved.