Deceptive or not?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

babarainbowsheep

sorry,Didnt see that last thread...

Glad you dont want to lie to him.

Hope you can find a solution both of you or get help communicating and finding one.

I had a woman say "I will make sure never has children" Not so nice.

Best wishes to you anyway.

Aug 2, 2009
Does he know that your time is limited according to what your doctor said? Keep reminding him of that whenever you can.

I

iraasuup

Does he know that your time is limited according to what your doctor said? Keep reminding him of that whenever you can.

Yeah he knows.

I guess I just gotta keep praying...

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hi Iraasuup,

I'm very sorry about your situation. Though I can't speak from personal experience exactly--at one point in my marriage I really wanted to try for a baby but my husband didn't want to at the time. He left for someone else and ironically, I don't have any kids but I hear he has at least two now.

I was wondering if, when you have the thoughts of "accidentally" becoming pregnant, which I think are perfectly normal in that most anyone in that situation would think of such things too, do you ever wonder if your husband would leave if you did indeed have a baby?

I'm not trying to be a dark cloud, I was just wondering if you ever have that fear. I've known two cases in which the woman "forgot" to take her birth control or "persuaded" a husband to go ahead and have a child when he clearly said he did not want kids. In the first case, they were not married and he left as soon as they found out she was pregnant. In addition to wanting a child, she had hoped the baby would bring them closer together, which, unfortunately, completely backfired.

In the second scenario, the couple was married and the wife "convinced" her husband to adopt a child--the husband began an affair with the child's babysitter, and promptly left her for this much younger woman.

I'm really sorry for what you're going through and certainly hope nothing worse happens.

I

iraasuup

It would just be wonderful if my body clock had an 'off switch'...

D

dancingfortheLord

Yeah,I think it is deceptive.

I suggest you talk to him, tell him that this would be the last time you would talk about the topic. Say whats on your mind, your fears, about the whole body clock thing, your desire to procreate. This causes a strain on your relationship and getting pregnant 'accidentally' wouldnt help your situation all. Tell him the reason why you want to have his babies. He may have fears on his own as to why He doesnt want one, or something.

U

Ugly

I'd also say you run a risk of the father not wanting to be a father to the child. You assume since its 'his' kid as well he'll magically care and play dad. What if he becomes angry and/or bitter about the child? What if he refuses to help raise or take care of it? You can't assume a person will just 'accept' the situation because they're pushed into it.
And then when he finds out you deceived him on purpose whats to stop him from becoming angry and bitter towards you? Is it really worth the possibility of ending your marriage just to force your husband into having a kid? I know, this is a more extreme possibility, but that doesn't mean its not still possible.
I agree, it is unfair to you that he changed his mind. But two wrongs don't make a right.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
The other thing I was thinking about as well is that if you did have a child, and your husband did decide to stay but never warmed up to the idea... He may "bury" it for a while, but eventually, family issues always come out into the open, whether through the parents, other relatives, or whispering outsiders.

The child may learn later on in life that he/she was not wanted at all by their father and that their mother had to conceive without his permission (the child might even come here to CC one day and could see all these conditions right in from of him or her), which would be devastating to take in... Not that plenty of other people don't go through these issues and worse everyday, but it seems to be something else important to consider.

Aug 2, 2009
I think we should all just fly over to Katie's house for an intervention! :D

I

iraasuup

I think we should all just fly over to Katie's house for an intervention! :D
HAHA!

What are you gonna do? Wait for him to get home and hold up banners that say 'This is an intervention'?

I'd love to see that!