Default Mood

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
If you could default (actually you can) to two default moods or character qualities on CC, what would they be?

me? understanding (towards others) and patience.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
How about:

Compassion and caring.

P

PartyOf3

Open mindness and compassion

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I seem to default to singing. I've been in a musical mood for... oh... a good 13 or 14 years now.

G

Galahad

Peacefulness and Calmness.

Peacefulness: Would be so apt to look for things I might disagree with.
Calmness: Would help me with being more insightful with my responses.

Dec 12, 2013
You know this is a loaded question :) hahahahha I could say this and that, but did not God make us who we are when it comes to temperament?....Some that walked with Jesus were passive, loving, compassionate and others wanted to call down fire from heaven....... :)

Ok...I will play..... Patience and........more loving I suppose!

V

VioletReigns

compassion and tolerance

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Fire and Brimstone! Ahhhahahahaha! :cool:

Seriously, for character, wisdom and patience. For mood, content and upbeat.

G

Galahad

You know this is a loaded question :) hahahahha I could say this and that, but did not God make us who we are when it comes to temperament?....Some that walked with Jesus were passive, loving, compassionate and others wanted to call down fire from heaven....... :)
Ok...I will play..... Patience and........more loving I suppose!

You don't know what you're talking about. Your response is so messed up, I'm lost for words. My response is far better than yours. Just read it. You might learn something. :eek:

"Peacefulness and Calmness.
Peacefulness: Would not be so apt to look for things I might disagree with.
Calmness: Would help me with being more insightful with my responses."

P

Practice-English

Such a HONEST thread :O

A default :
I'm really lazy to read
posts when it's too long to read
like when paragraphs are long in fact.

A quality:
I love to check profile of others
to read their introductions,
to check pictures of them etc...

A

atwhatcost

If you could default (actually you can) to two default moods or character qualities on CC, what would they be?

me? understanding (towards others) and patience.
Being a word-person, I've been thinking of an answer since I saw this yesterday. I am having a hard time coming up with just two. I have settled on one though -- awake. I'd like to be awake more often on here. lol

I'll get back to you if I ever figure out what the other one would be.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Being a word-person, I've been thinking of an answer since I saw this yesterday. I am having a hard time coming up with just two. I have settled on one though -- awake. I'd like to be awake more often on here. lol

perhaps 'indecisive'? :p

P

pottersclay

​meekness and compassionate

O

oldthennew

1st. in our hearts we always want to be more Christ-like....
2nd. more like Paul.....

and to learn daily how to apply with Knowledge, Wisdom, and Love....

thank you, Cross,

you do have a-way of bringing-out the sweetness and honestness in the CCfamily.....
:D:)

A

atwhatcost

I figured out the other word. Okay, well, God slapped the other word a few times across my face, and then I thought, "Aha!"

I am not this. Not close to this, but this is the mood I'd like to always be in -- Christ-centered.

I was talking to God and told him the only way I can quit smoking is if my mind could be fully of him nonstop, like my thoughts and body are full on nicotine constantly now. And then I opened up my E-Sword to go back to what I was studying, but Spurgeon's devotional pops up first. And in that, God answered, "Nanh Anh. This is what you need."

Evening
“That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith.”
- Eph_3:17
Beyond measure it is desirable that we, as believers, should have the person of Jesus constantly before us, to inflame our love towards him, and to increase our knowledge of him. I would to God that my readers were all entered as diligent scholars in Jesus’ college, students of Corpus Christi, or the body of Christ, resolved to attain unto a good degree in the learning of the cross. But to have Jesus ever near, the heart must be full of him, welling up with his love, even to overrunning; hence the apostle prays “that Christ may dwell in your hearts.” See how near he would have Jesus to be! You cannot get a subject closer to you than to have it in the heart itself. “That he may dwell”; not that he may call upon you sometimes, as a casual visitor enters into a house and tarries for a night, but that he may dwell; that Jesus may become the Lord and Tenant of your inmost being, never more to go out.
Observe the words-that he may dwell in your heart, that best room of the house of manhood; not in your thoughts alone, but in your affections; not merely in the mind’s meditations, but in the heart’s emotions. We should pant after love to Christ of a most abiding character, not a love that flames up and then dies out into the darkness of a few embers, but a constant flame, fed by sacred fuel, like the fire upon the altar which never went out. This cannot be accomplished except by faith. Faith must be strong, or love will not be fervent; the root of the flower must be healthy, or we cannot expect the bloom to be sweet. Faith is the lily’s root, and love is the lily’s bloom. Now, reader, Jesus cannot be in your heart’s love except you have a firm hold of him by your heart’s faith; and, therefore, pray that you may always trust Christ in order that you may always love him. If love be cold, be sure that faith is drooping.

And he's right. I just have no idea how to do that. (Any relavent hints would be appreciated.) But I want that.

A

atwhatcost

1st. in our hearts we always want to be more Christ-like....
2nd. more like Paul.....

and to learn daily how to apply with Knowledge, Wisdom, and Love....

thank you, Cross,

you do have a-way of bringing-out the sweetness and honestness in the CCfamily.....
:D:)
My following observation is a compliment.

You're annoyingly accurate. :p

O

oldthennew

Lynn,

family and neighbors find us completely 'annoying', especially WHEN we are LOVING & GIVING,
they just can't quite figgur it out!!:cool::D