Defend this!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2018
Why would the most powerful being in the universe need you to defend him when someone insults him or his book. It's ridiculous that such a being would need pithy and weak humans to stand up for him.

And another thing, why would he need people who are habitual sinner's to deliver his gospel, surely he knows that you're going to screw it up again & again.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Are yer getting some Christians mixed up with some Muslims?

Dec 12, 2013
At the end of the day eveyone stands for and defends something.....a belief, a custom, their own view or opinion, maybe a way of life or life style etc....people who have genuinely experienced God and or have had their lives transformed by the word of God see the validity of the truth/scriptures and will seek to support it's transformational ability.....the truth is simple....All who genuinely and intently study the bible without bias and an open mind will concede that the bible has a divine origin and that there is no way possible that it is the mere words of men.......I say this with conviction and an absolute disregard for any and all who will reject this and or mock it............

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Did anyone already mention this (this is what came to my mind):

Jude 1:3 [blb] -

"Beloved, using all diligence to write to you concerning our common salvation, I had necessity to write to you, exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith [that body of TRUTH] having been delivered once for all to the saints."

"contend earnestly" I would say is different than "defend"... but Paul did say (of himself), "But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel." Phil1:17 [that is, what he was specifically tasked with doing]

[v.7 also: "7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace."]

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Why would the most powerful being in the universe need you to defend him when someone insults him or his book. It's ridiculous that such a being would need pithy and weak humans to stand up for him.

And another thing, why would he need people who are habitual sinner's to deliver his gospel, surely he knows that you're going to screw it up again & again.

I think God needing defending is being confused with Chistians delivering his Gospel and defending some who are lost weak humans aginst their own selves,,,how is it wrong to defend lost weak humans and not love?...

Sep 24, 2018
It is good for us to know and stand for the truth. Otherwise, you support the lies.
You're not in a war you know, the church has brainwashed you to believe that.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You're not in a war you know, the church has brainwashed you to believe that.
You assume things to be true that you have no way of knowing. Why is that? Who has brainwashed you?

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
You have it all mixed up.

Believers are NOT defending God or His Word at all.

Believers are defending themselves for why they believe in God and find His Word to be truth and fact.

Essentially, defending God and His Word is testifying to why you believe in God, His Word, by describing what has happened within your life that proves the TRUTH of God's Word.

God has no need for anyone to defend Him, He has already done that Himself in person some 2,000 years ago. But He does need believers to express their humanity through God's Grace and Mercy since humans relate to humans by what they say. So, even if what I say is flawed, it still has merit because I am expressing truth and examples of what God has done for me. And explaining things to other people from my own point of view is important to God. Because we relate how it is being a human, how it is to fail, and then how it is to be conquerors in our frailty because of WHO GOD is.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Defending is a natural and logical reaction to attacking.

If non-Christians attack our faith, we are allowed to defend it. Simple as that. Thats the goal of apologetics.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
those who are lost are are the ones who need to hear the good news of salvation,so Christians are defending them by preaching the Gospel. Not that God needs defending but rather the lost are who needs defending....

Apr 1, 2018

Us defend him? What r u talking about its the other way around WE NEED HIM

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

God does not need us to defend Him by violent means.. But we speak up for God when a lie is spoken against Him because we Love Him and want to dispel any false views that may be held by others..

All people are sinners.. So because God wants us to take part in the spreading of His message then He has no other alternative then to use faulty human beings.

We who have our "" screw ups "" atoned for by the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ can stuff up again and again and again.. His Mercy and love will never fails us now or ever... We can depend upon God never screwing up.. :)