Delete Your Facebook

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oh now people are starting to realise facebook is not safe? Deleted mine years ago, I kinda knew were it was going even then. But you wont get everyone to delete it, until they realise themselves.
 
[video=youtube;juQcZO_WnsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juQcZO_WnsI[/video]

:cool:

Umm... you do know that Onion News is a PARODY sight, and not a real news organization. So you just discredit this whole thread by using a well known comedy site as evidence of conspiracy.
 
Umm... you do know that Onion News is a PARODY sight, and not a real news organization. So you just discredit this whole thread by using a well known comedy site as evidence of conspiracy.
But it would be funny, wouldn't it? To see how many people would send a sample of their blood in?

Once Zuckerberg made a record of those obedient ones who sent in their blood samples, I'm pretty sure he could put them on a special list of people who would obey him in any eventuality (so long as his commands were directed through the Facebook conduit).
 
There is no deletion of FaceBook, only deactivation, which can reactivate as soon as you log in again, plus others can still tag you,..etc.
 
Ugly:

Yes, I know ONN is a parody site, however, after looking at that "amusement", I was led to the "serious" video on post #2.

I have found ONN to take on some very serious news issues (e.g. TSA screenings) in a spirit of "mirth", and in doing so they avoid being "shutdown" by the "powers that be" while getting people to think and do their own research.

Comedy can be a very appealing "draw" to address serious matters with. Consider George Carlin, Robin Williams, Eddie Izzard...very popular albeit "un-Godly" fellows, yet in some of their material they too have brought to light many injustices in the world.

Peace and love to you all.
 
Going Dark?

Addendum: Going Dark

FBI Going Dark: Law Enforcement Problems in Lawful Surveillance

FBI Going Dark: Lawful Electronic Surveillance in the Face of New Technologies

U.S. Weighs Wide Overhaul of Wiretap Laws

"Albert Gidari Jr., who represents technology companies on law enforcement matters, criticized that proposed procedure. He argued that if the United States started imposing fines on foreign Internet firms, it would encourage other countries, some of which may be looking for political dissidents, to penalize American companies if they refused to turn over users’ information..."

“We’ll look a lot more like China than America after this,” Mr. Gidari said.

"The expanded fines would also apply to phone and network carriers, like Verizon and AT&T, which are separately subject to the 1994 wiretapping capacity law. The FBI has argued that such companies sometimes roll out system upgrades without making sure that their wiretap capabilities will keep working..."

"The 1994 law would be expanded to cover peer-to-peer voice-over-Internet protocol, or VoIP — calls between computers that do not connect to the regular phone network. Such services typically do not route data packets through any central hub, making them difficult to intercept..."

NSA Is Wired Into Top Internet Companies' Servers, Including Google and Facebook

"The companies whose servers are being mined are reportedly Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, and Apple. The classified program, dubbed PRISM, has been in operation since 2007 and has been a leading source of intelligence fed to the president in his daily intelligence briefings, according to the Washington Post, which broke the story at the same time as the Guardian today..."

"The program is a cousin to another bulk-collection program code-named BLARNEY, which collects internet “metadata” — address packets, device signatures and other information — that roars along the internet’s backbone..."

Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Internet Cafe
http://info.publicintelligence.net/FBI-SuspiciousActivity/Internet_Cafe.pdf
 
Last edited:
Loved the first one! So well done and hilarious.

As for the other two, I was warned a long time ago not to post anything personal. Although sometimes I do complain about FB itself.

I just wonder why the CIA would need the data from an old, sick Canadian lady? Maybe the companies, but I do not fancy myself as someone who the CIA could ever care about. See, I am no narcissist, even though I accept friend requests from people I do not know. LOL
 
Being a Muslim being under surveillance is just part of life now.
 
That's not true at all. You can actually delete your entire profile instead of just deactivating it. I've done it twice.

Very true, I must've only read the first half of this or something.

[h=1]How do I permanently delete my account?[/h]If you deactivate your account, your timeline disappears from the Facebook service immediately. People on Facebook won't be able to search for you, though some info, like messages you sent, may still be visible to others. We also save your timeline information (ex: friends, photos, interests, etc.) in case you want to come back.
If you don't think you'll use Facebook again, you can request to have your account permanently deleted. Please keep in mind that you won't be able to reactivate your account or retrieve anything you've added. Before you do this, you may want to download a copy of your info from Facebook. Then, if you'd like your account permanently deleted with no option for recovery, log into your account and fill out this form.
 
That's not true at all. You can actually delete your entire profile instead of just deactivating it. I've done it twice.

Its true that you can Delete your profile. but that's only your profile. and it will take 14 days for facebook to actually delete it. now think about. A website takes 14 days to delete profile. Before they do that, they copy all information, they copy all the data, and even copy every photo you have posted on facebook. So you tell me were they actually delete your profile? Yes you may get rid of your profile, but facebook is not going to get rid of your information that quick, how else they make there money? yes, selling your information. Think about it, why do you get cold callers? were did they get your number from? well I leave that for your to think about.

There is a survey going about, about how much people are going to delete there profiles within a few years, and I heard it was an alarming rate. Here is another, when you delete your account from here, CC site. your whole account and information is deleted instantly. yes before you ask, CC is a social network site. So again think about it, facebook, the social network with all its technology, they cant delete your account instantly? Shouldn't that be alarm bells ringing by now? But facebook don't delete your account, only your profile. And even make it hard to even to delete that.
 
A good friend of mine said she and her husband just got a third warning for communicating in private messages. No swearing and just an "I love you" at the end of the posts. These were supposedly PRIVATE messages they are reading and contained nothing damaging to anyone or plotting to overthrow the government

I have a secret group for people with RA on FB. That means no one who is not in my group even knows it exists. But after reading this, and my friend's story, I realized that FB can read anything we write in our private groups. We are now looking to move to our own private site.

If anyone knows of a way to set up a social group for 15 people so we can discuss the trials of having Rheumatoid Arthritis, that we can keep private, please PM me. FB is so trivial too. Other than getting pictures of my grandchildren, I am really fed up with FB!