Deliverance from demons

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 23, 2020
Good day.
Can God Almighty deliver a person directly or all of us need the laying of hands to be free? This confuses me a lot because we do not know whom to trust anymore. I meditate on the word.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Welcome to CC, ServantRSA!
God can deliver a person directly. However, there are many things that God can do, that in His wisdom He doesn't do. Jesus empowered the disciples to cast out demons. The Holy Spirit gave the gift of discerning of spirits. We as Christians have the authority to evict unclean spirits from ourselves, and from others who are cooperative.

I would encourage you to read through Neil Anderson's books on the subject. :)

Jan 17, 2020
Good day.
Can God Almighty deliver a person directly or all of us need the laying of hands to be free? This confuses me a lot because we do not know whom to trust anymore. I meditate on the word.
Jesus' name alone causes demons to flee.

May 23, 2020
Welcome to CC, ServantRSA!
God can deliver a person directly. However, there are many things that God can do, that in His wisdom He doesn't do. Jesus empowered the disciples to cast out demons. The Holy Spirit gave the gift of discerning of spirits. We as Christians have the authority to evict unclean spirits from ourselves, and from others who are cooperative.

I would encourage you to read through Neil Anderson's books on the subject. :)
Thanks I will have a look...Some people say we need to be prayed for by someone who has high anointing(due to years of experience). What are the chances of incomplete deliverance? I am battling with this issue because I escaped (or God rescued me) from an occultic church only discover that I am in an even bigger pit. I want total freedom from bondages.

Jan 17, 2020
I agree but some stubborn demons already know the name of Jesus and are not shaken.
I think the name spoken in faith is more effective. But some on the last day will have cast out demons in Jesus' name but he tells them to depart, because he never knew them.

May 23, 2020
I thought by teaching the word of God, He will have mercy on me and not allow principalities to try to derail me from my assignment. I get frustrated but I don't want to give up. I suffer in Christ that I understand but I don't want the suffering to be prolonged in mylife-like in the book of Job.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Thanks I will have a look...Some people say we need to be prayed for by someone who has high anointing(due to years of experience). What are the chances of incomplete deliverance? I am battling with this issue because I escaped (or God rescued me) from an occultic church only discover that I am in an even bigger pit. I want total freedom from bondages.
I don't hold to the "higher anointing" view, but I know that experience and calling can be relevant. Given your situation, I would encourage you to seek a reputable pastor or Christian counselor. In the meantime, ask God specifically to guard you from deception and to teach you how to apply His word... especially the directly-relevant parts such as Ephesians 6:10-18 and 1 John 4:1-6.

May 23, 2020
Thank you. I try to do self deliverance and it gets messy sometimes (burping, vomiting and the works🤗). I wish God can say something to me, confirmation or give me a sign that I am "clean".
I mean no disrespect to the clergymen but I trust no one these days. Perhaps God wants me to rely solely on Him and not consult. I don't want to backslide. I don't want to be put to shame.

Apr 21, 2020
There are plenty of false teachers out there who will tell you that you can connect with God "with their help" or "through them".
Some of these people will also say, falsely, that healing can only occur if you are prayed upon by somebody who is basically 'high-up' in the church.

These teachings are totally unbiblical, and are simply a manifestation of people's egos.
Ignore them, and move to another Church.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Do you mean like possession or just being attacked? If we are talking about attacks I have been delivered twice now, the first time the demon had to do as I said I didn't even realize the authority we have against them until then and the second time the name Jesus made it flee

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
There are plenty of false teachers out there who will tell you that you can connect with God "with their help" or "through them".
Some of these people will also say, falsely, that healing can only occur if you are prayed upon by somebody who is basically 'high-up' in the church.

These teachings are totally unbiblical, and are simply a manifestation of people's egos.
Ignore them, and move to another Church.
What about those ones that say you have to pay them for deliverance? Or you haven't paid enough? :ROFL:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have a Demon - it's stored in my shed now.

Demon
Better grab the holy water and crucifix then chant scripture over and over like it’s a spell
I never understood the exorcist their method seems ineffective

Apr 3, 2019
Better grab the holy water and crucifix then chant scripture over and over like it’s a spell
I never understood the exorcist their method seems ineffective
it's wings are all folded up Blain.

demon.jpg

Jul 20, 2019
Being an empathI know exactly what you mean. The attacks are constant . but as soon as you mention Jesus and tell them he is God in the flesh, they go silent, only to try again later. Its a constant battle

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Actually the Catholics way doesn’t just seem ineffective it makes it seem like the powers of darkness are far stronger than he who is in us even in actual history of exorcism most were failures and ended with the possessed dying or the one expelling being possessed or driven mad

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Being an empathI know exactly what you mean. The attacks are constant . but as soon as you mention Jesus and tell them he is God in the flesh, they go silent, only to try again later. Its a constant battle
I have encountered several but mostly they just st pester me and move things I can always tell when they are around I can sense it and sort of see them like not with my actual eyes but I still them

Even last night I was trying to sleep and it was trying to get me to notice it and I said I am in no mood go away and it did they don’t physical attack me much anymore

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The thing is a lot of Christians will say these kind of things don’t happen and if they don’t happen or if they do it’s because of your sin but this simply isn’t true some people are just more spiritually sensitive after all we don’t fight against the flesh

PstSdkalu

May 23, 2020
From biblical point of view, deliverance is shining relevant and higher light of God to any dark area of our lives. Revelation is what provokes deliverance. God can deliver you directly when you acquire enough light to battle the level of the demonic affliction. To remedy for the time, God had anointed men and women who can deliver you but if you can wait to do it yourself then you have to continue to give God time in prayer and study of the word. One day a revelation will hit you you may not even need to pray and your deliverance will take place. Personally I have found out seeking God and walking according to Psalms 42:1-2 solve problems I never pray for. May God help you in Jesus name .