Demon possession in the old testament?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 20, 2022
Yes but where did he get that from...
it came from Joshua 10:13 So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. So the sun stood still and the moon stayed in place until the nation of Israel had defeated its enemies. There are many books not inspired by God but written during that time..
it came from Jashar and then it was reiterated as a fulfilled Prophecy in Joshua.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
we've establish, that Saul's witch, through this power, can raise the dead and the alive could speak
to them. implanting a SEED, like the Holy Spirit did without sex, is a capable thing Spirits can do.
That's a logical fallacy (non sequitur). The Holy Spirit/GOD being able
to do something does not mean any angel can do the same thing.

Jun 20, 2022
Says who? Remember you cannot do anything without the POWER OF GOD..... God is the giver of life... not the demons that want to make a baby.. you get it? THAT POWER COMES FROM GOD.... NOT THEM.....
Says the Ancient Hebrews who were eye witness.
I don't care about your limited comprehension but I do care about how these came to be known and in the Bible as factual events.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Remember God is the author of life itself! If angels are sexless, then why in the world would they want to marry (wives they took) daughters of men... they have no desire for such a woman. No sex drive guys!... It has to be the godly line and the godless line coming together to marry. Remember bloodline was everything in those days...
I appreciate you sharing. That is what I believe.

Charleeta

Aug 23, 2023
Wow..... seriously.... please petition the Lord and Savior Jesus on this matter and let it be known... Read your books and understand why they are where they are today...... not in the Bible.... It is literature....

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Genesis 6:4, 4 The Nephilim (#H5303) were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons #H1121 of Elohim H430 came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, the men of name."

#H1121 - ben: son, Original Word: בֵּן, Part of Speech: Noun Masculine, Transliteration: ben, Phonetic Spelling: (bane), Short Definition: sons

#H430 - elohim: God, god, Original Word: אֱלֹהִים, Part of Speech: Noun Masculine, Transliteration: elohim, Phonetic Spelling: (el-o-heem'), Short Definition: God

“Nephilim” is word #H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl (nef-eel') n-m., נְפִל nphil (nef-eel'), (properly) a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant., [from H5307], KJV: giant, Root(s): H5307

Root word of “H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl” H5307 נָפַל naphal (naw-fal') v., to fall.
{in a great variety of applications (intransitive or causative, literal or figurative), [a primitive root], KJV: be accepted, cast (down, self, (lots), out), cease, die, divide (by lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell(-ing), fugitive, have (inheritance), inferior, be judged (by mistake for H6419), lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying, overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present(-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite out, X surely, throw down, See also: H6419

--------------------“Nephilim” is word #H5303 נְפִיל
Genesis 6:4, 4 There were giants H5303 in the earth H776 in those days H3117; and also after H310 that H3651, when H834 the sons H1121 of God H430 came in H935 unto the daughters H1323 of men H120, and they bare H3205 children to them, the same H1992 became mighty men H1368 which were of old H5769, men H582 of renown H8034."

Ezekiyl 28:13-19, “You were in Ĕḏen, the garden of the Most High. Every precious stone was your covering: the ruby, topaz, and diamond, beryl, shoham, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald and gold. The workmanship of your settings and mountings was prepared for you on the day you were created. You were the anointed keruḇ that covered. And I placed you, you were on the set-apart mountain of Yah. You walked up and down in the midst of stones of fire. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you. By the greatness of your trade you became filled with violence within, and you sinned. So I thrust you from the mountain of Yah, and I destroyed you, O covering keruḇ, from the midst of the stones of fire. Your heart was lifted up because of your loveliness, you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendour. I threw you to the earth, I laid you before sovereigns, to look at you. You profaned your set-apart places by your many crookednesses, by the unrighteousness of your trading. Therefore I brought forth fire from your midst. It has devoured you, and I turned you to ashes upon the earth before the eyes of all who see you. All who knew you among the peoples were astonished at you. Waste you shall be, and cease to be, forever.”

“You were the anointed keruḇ that covered”

“keruḇ” is word #H3742 כְּרוּב kruwb (ker-ooɓ') n-m., 1. a cherub. a created spiritual being having a various descriptions., 2. (apparently) a spiritual being created for a discrete purpose, thus differing from other cherubim in this manner., [of uncertain derivation], KJV: cherub, (plural) cherubims.

“You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you”

“unrighteousness” is word #H5766 עֶוֶל `evel (eh'-vel) n-e., עָוֶל `avel (aw'-vel)
(moral) evil., [from H5765], KJV: iniquity, perverseness, unjust(-ly), unrighteousness(-ly); wicked(-ness). , Root(s): H5765

“I threw you to the earth”

Revelation 12:7-9, “And there came to be fighting in the heaven: Miḵa’ĕl and his messengers fought against the dragon. And the dragon and his messengers fought, but they were not strong enough, nor was a place found for them in the heaven any longer. And the great dragon was thrown out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who leads all the world astray. He was thrown to the earth, and his messengers were thrown out with him."

Numbers 13:32-33, “And they gave the children of Yisra’yl a disturbing report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone as spies is a land eating up its inhabitants, and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. And we saw there the Nephilim, (#H5303) sons of Anaq, (#H6061) of the Nephilim (#H5303). And we were like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and so we were in their eyes.”

Notice how not a single word of this was mine, it is what the Scripture says.
I'd rather you just explained it in your own words what your understanding of those verses is.

Jun 20, 2022
Wow..... seriously.... please petition the Lord and Savior Jesus on this matter and let it be known... Read your books and understand why they are where they are today...... not in the Bible.... It is literature....
i was raised Baptist and tired of the illegitimate Doctrines. I know how this baloney was indoctrinated.

Jun 20, 2022
That's a logical fallacy (non sequitur). The Holy Spirit/GOD being able
to do something does not mean any angel can do the same thing.
Satan is able to imitate God but at a restricted rate.

Michael, did not say a thing to Satan, just the LORD Rebuke You.

When Michael needs to be careful and use the LORD in Rebuke, you will be shocked just what God is allowing Satan to do.

God allowed Satan to do everything but kill Job including killing his kids. Satan, has much Power that God allowed him.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Satan is able to imitate God but at a restricted rate.

Michael, did not say a thing to Satan, just the LORD Rebuke You.

When Michael needs to be careful and use the LORD in Rebuke, you will be shocked just what God is allowing Satan to do.

He allowed Satan to everything but kill Job including killing his kids. Satan, has much Power that God allowed him.
God has control over what Satan can and cannot do, this is true...

But that is different from what you said in a previous post... as if angels have carte blanche.

They do not. Obviously.

Jun 20, 2022
God has control over what Satan can and cannot do, this is true...

But that is different from what you said in a previous post... as if angels have carte blanche.

They do not. Obviously.
you don't know what an angel can and cannot do because your Bible tells you only a limited scope.

So stop acting like you got a clue.
Those with a clue are the Jews.

if Christians spent more time learning the Ancient Jews, they would learn about their beliefs.

Your belief today in Jesus, Jesus is NOT what they believed because Jesus was not born yet.

So, you don't even know their view at all.

and especially have no idea about angels because our Bible says very little about them.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
Of course. So in your own words, tell me what they say.
ok step by step, then you can name call and deny what it actually says, my words in blue

Genesis 6:4, 4 The Nephilim (#H5303) were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons #H1121 of Elohim H430 came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, the men of name."

" The Nephilim (#H5303) were on the earth in those days, and also afterward"

the fallen tyrants were on the Erets at that time and later on

" when the sons #H1121 of Elohim H430 came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, the men of name.""

concurrently the ben ha Elohim entered the bath of admah and they yawlad ben mortal gibborim of (worldly) honor

I would need feed back before I continue, Im not going to spend my time to answer question for someone who non-responsive

Jun 20, 2022
we absolutely know the most truest and authentic Scripture for the Old Testament Torah/Tanakh is the very Language God told it to Moses, HEBREW!

And here is what the HEBREW claims, that DIVINE BEINGS and human women cohabited and women BORE, not were pregnant and gave birth, but BORE: Nephilim.

Genesis 6:4
הַנְּפִלִ֞ים הָי֣וּ בָאָ֘רֶץ֮ בַּיָּמִ֣ים הָהֵם֒ וְגַ֣ם אַֽחֲרֵי־כֵ֗ן אֲשֶׁ֨ר יָבֹ֜אוּ בְּנֵ֤י הָֽאֱלֹהִים֙ אֶל־בְּנ֣וֹת הָֽאָדָ֔ם וְיָלְד֖וּ לָהֶ֑ם הֵ֧מָּה הַגִּבֹּרִ֛ים אֲשֶׁ֥ר מֵעוֹלָ֖ם אַנְשֵׁ֥י הַשֵּֽׁם׃ {פ}
It was then, and later too, that the Nephilim appeared on earth—when divine beings cohabited with the human women, who bore them offspring. Such were the heroes of old, the men of renown.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
ok step by step, then you can name call and deny what it actually says, my words in blue

" The Nephilim (#H5303) were on the earth in those days, and also afterward"

the fallen tyrants were on the Erets at that time and later on

" when the sons #H1121 of Elohim H430 came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, the men of name.""

concurrently the ben ha Elohim entered the bath of admah and they yawlad ben mortal gibborim of (worldly) honor

I would need feed back before I continue, Im not going to spend my time to answer question for someone who non-responsive
So...you respond to my post, then call me a denier and name caller, then answer partially in another language, and then intimate I'm not worth the time for you to respond, and then wonder that I might not. Hmmm...who wouldn't get excited about such a discussion?
I think I'll pass.

SpeakTruth101

Aug 14, 2023
So...you respond to my post, then call me a denier and name caller, then answer partially in another language, and then intimate I'm not worth the time for you to respond, and then wonder that I might not. Hmmm...who wouldn't get excited about such a discussion?
I think I'll pass.
We have talked before and what you do is ask questions, never answer my questions then find reasons to depart right when you are out of smooth worded comments. You were already being smart with your replies, your looking for a reason to claim heresy. if you wanted to have a real discussion you would, but how much understanding do you have on the topic? Maybe a lot? Maybe none? I do not know, but what I do know is I have studied it a lot as I have the entire word. Oh I didnt call you I said you could, I was implying it would not bother me.

if you wanted to have a real discussion you would, I dont think that was your intent from the beginning.

Jun 20, 2022
We have talked before and what you do is ask questions, never answer my questions then find reasons to depart right when you are out of smooth worded comments. You were already being smart with your replies, your looking for a reason to claim heresy. if you wanted to have a real discussion you would, but how much understanding do you have on the topic? Maybe a lot? Maybe none? I do not know, but what I do know is I have studied it a lot as I have the entire word. Oh I didnt call you I said you could, I was implying it would not bother me.

if you wanted to have a real discussion you would, I dont think that was your intent from the beginning.
what is funny, they shout Heresy when their Version of the Story is literally 3 languages translated after another.

and when I offer the Hebrew, it is directly Hebrew to English, no Greek or Latin Vulgate involved.

Hebrew to English is the purest translation with exception to Hebrew to Hebrew.

And they want to scream Heresy at us!

We got the Truth and we're the Heretics hahahahahahahahaha

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
you don't know what an angel can and cannot do because your Bible tells you only a limited scope.

So stop acting like you got a clue.
Those with a clue are the Jews.

if Christians spent more time learning the Ancient Jews, they would learn about their beliefs.

Your belief today in Jesus, Jesus is NOT what they believed because Jesus was not born yet.

So, you don't even know their view at all.

and especially have no idea about angels because our Bible says very little about them.
You don't know what an angel can and cannot do, either, despite all your blah blah blah blah blah.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

Am truly sorry you feel that way. I asked for your understanding in your own words. I can read the Bible myself. I was interested in your reasoning through the scriptures. And I have no agenda. I've never called anyone a name or call anything a heresy. Others here may have responded disrespectfully, but I haven't.
Grace and peace.