Denomination threads?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
LOL, that's kind of the whole deal here, isn't it?

I mean, I certainly don't plan on joining the "Indian Christians" Forum. But I don't see a problem with it being here.
"Indian Christian" is not a denomination.

HillsboroMom

Jan 3, 2021
"Indian Christian" is not a denomination.
No, but it is an available forum here at Christian Chat. And I would assume that it is intended for people who are both Indian and Christian.

G

Godsgirl83

I have to go help my son with his math homework...............so if you give me ~12 hours, I'll get back to you,
must be the "new math" :LOL:
sorry HillsboroMom,
I have a 4th grader and math now makes me go o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O (10x more than when I was in 4th grade)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
No, but it is an available forum here at Christian Chat. And I would assume that it is intended for people who are both Indian and Christian.
The Indian Forum was specifically created for persons from the nation of India so that they can communicate in their native language(s) if they so choose, the same pertains to the Filipino Forum.

HillsboroMom

Jan 3, 2021
The Indian Forum was specifically created for persons from the nation of India so that they can communicate in their native language(s) if they so choose, the same pertains to the Filipino Forum.
That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.

Jan 24, 2021
pffft how are Catholics Christians ?
When did Catholics become Christian?
Do you have any evidence, or a website that proves Catholics are Christians ?
So you know, I'm not looking to argue with you, I just want to what you know. 😀
I have not, and would like to. I actually spent a lot of time looking for Christian chat sites, and found very few. The only one besides this one that was free had extreme "boot" rules. I was booted for 24 hours for having the word "Mom" in my name. I tried to change the name, and couldn't. So I appealed, and was permanently booted. For having the word "Mom" in my name. Yeah. It was pretty dead, too. Under 100 members.

So if you have links or something to these other sites, I would be very interested, thanks!
as a ex Catholic for many years, the best way I can explain is, yes they believe in Jesus Christ, but basically have a lot of other baggage they carry for their religion. Catholicism is an appetizer, while a true non denomination relationship with Jesus Christ is a full course meal.

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
as a ex Catholic for many years, the best way I can explain is, yes they believe in Jesus Christ, but basically have a lot of other baggage they carry for their religion. Catholicism is an appetizer, while a true non denomination relationship with Jesus Christ is a full course meal.
you're an ex Catholic ?

HillsboroMom

Jan 3, 2021
I get that.

The question is, are Catholics Christian?

I think they are. I think the "extra baggage" you speak of, while wrong, does not invalidate their Christianity. It's unnecessary, but it doesn't remove their salvation.

A god who would condemn someone for following the religion descended from His favorite disciple is a god who is not worthy of worship or praise. Regardless of how confused that religion has gotten.

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
I get that.

The question is, are Catholics Christian?

I think they are. I think the "extra baggage" you speak of, while wrong, does not invalidate their Christianity. It's unnecessary, but it doesn't remove their salvation.

A god who would condemn someone for following the religion descended from His favorite disciple is a god who is not worthy of worship or praise. Regardless of how confused that religion has gotten.
Jesus' disciples only followed in the ways of Jesus. They did not at all tell any one to pray to Mary. And we are instructed in the scripture that if anyone or an angel from heaven brings anything different than what is taught in scripture, then let that person or be accursed- Galations 1:8

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Extra baggage can make it harder to get on a flight...and even disqualify you. Or as Jesus put it, its harder for a rich man to enter heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle.

And if the baggage is covid-19, nobody really wants that spreading around.

Make of that what you will.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Our faith is in Christ, not a "church" that has a basis on the roman model of government and been perverted from what Jesus modeled for our lives.
Jesus did not come to create denominations, He was very clear that He is the way to truth and the life.
Hillsboro mom among many others doesn't get this yet.
Praying that all will.

Nov 11, 2018
I wonder if it would be useful or of interest for us to set up some threads for specific denominations? For example, "LDS chat" and "Catholic chat" and "Baptist chat".... Along with a request for people who are not that denomination not to come in and argue against those denominations, though of course they'd be welcome to come in and chat as long as they were polite.
And yet, I wonder, if when Jesus came to us, if He said, "hey, i'm going to teach some of u one thing... and I'll teach others another thing?"
What is a denomination? Perhaps we should ask ourselves that first?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
As we are not to lean on our own understanding but acknowledge His direction with every thought, word and deed it would be obedient to do that.
Asking ourselves is how we ended up failing our Lord for the last 2,000 years.
Holy Spirit is to guide us in all truth, one of our failures is not understanding that "all" means "all".

Nov 11, 2018
As we are not to lean on our own understanding but acknowledge His direction with every thought, word and deed it would be obedient to do that.
Asking ourselves is how we ended up failing our Lord for the last 2,000 years.
Holy Spirit is to guide us in all truth, one of our failures is not understanding that "all" means "all".
And how does that rely on a denomination? Should not all mankind ask ourselves how we have failed God? For surely, we can see our failings by now. And yet, I say I am thankful for those seeking truth as you seem to be so far.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
My, how un-Christ like you are.....
"And how does that rely on a denomination? "
That is the point, we are not to be denomination driven, we are to be Christ focused.

Nov 11, 2018
My, how un-Christ like you are.....
"And how does that rely on a denomination? "
That is the point, we are not to be denomination driven, we are to be Christ focused.
Ummm.. I think that is what I just said. However, one might ask how un-Christ-like it is to attack ... instead of heal?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Then why did you in #55? Certainly Christ didn't instruct you to do that.
off you go to ignore

Nov 11, 2018
I get the feeling, that even on Christian threads, many people are instantly attacking... instead of finding ways to talk affably and healing. Do people think that because Jesus had a righteous anger rarely, that He went about attacking whimsically? What a crazy religion that would be. For even Jesus taught that he who is without sin should cast the first stone. And he healed "far" more than he attacked.

Nov 11, 2018
Are u saying because I asked a question, that I was at fault. For should no man ask a question, lest they be stoned by the person they ask? My oh my... another awful aspect of what could become.