Despair Over the Future

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pablocito

And that creates the situation where ANYONE can say "I'm not wrong, the Spirit told me this truth I share with you".
Nothing is wrong with that statement that you made as it is God who knows everything and man is nothing and knows nothing except what he himself will accept for himself in his own life.

Thus we come back to what I have been saying all along, do your own research, do your own studies and you and you alone will have the confidence for yourself to say - I know it or I did it.

This prevents us from living in the shadow of anyone whether it be the Pope, a minister, our mother or father or even our spouse.

I think we have killed this topic to death and we should put it to rest.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
Just what my friend needs, another judgemental "christian" telling her what to do.
When a person SAYS that they're a Christian, but can say: "And for all the promises God and eternal life with him offer, I just don't think he can give me that", there's no evidence of FAITH. which strongly suggests that the person, regardless of their "Religious proclamations" has never been Born Again, and knows nothing of the REALITY OF A CHRISTIAN LIFE.

The person doesn't bother with the Bible, and doesn't see any need to have anything to do with Church, and calls relationship with God BS.

SO what's YOUR Advice??

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
When a person SAYS that they're a Christian, but can say: "And for all the promises God and eternal life with him offer, I just don't think he can give me that", there's no evidence of FAITH. which strongly suggests that the person, regardless of their "Religious proclamations" has never been Born Again, and knows nothing of the REALITY OF A CHRISTIAN LIFE.

The person doesn't bother with the Bible, and doesn't see any need to have anything to do with Church, and calls relationship with God BS.

SO what's YOUR Advice??
That's not what she said. Woe to ye of such little understanding.

Feb 20, 2016
Hi, HistoryPrincess. I can’t relate to the intense anger you’re feeling, but I wanted to respond because you seem like you’re putting the weight of the world on your shoulders. That’s not healthy or possible for anyone to sustain long-term.

I know it sounds difficult, but letting go of your anger and frustration is about the only thing you can do. It might seem like you can’t move on, but if you look closely the world is full of people who have to let go—of drugs, past abuse, alcohol, relationships, dreams, fears. Anger is no different. It might make you “feel alive” now but the more you allow it to control your thoughts and emotions, the less you are able to overcome it, and the unhappier you will become.

People will always find ways to disappoint you whether they are Christians or not. You can’t paste a label on someone that says “Christian” and expect them to be perfect. The world loves to use that argument, and if we or someone in the Body ever deviates from that, they lump us all together under a new label: “Hypocrite”. That’s pretty unfair, but we have to let it go because that’s just how the world works.

There are plenty of arguments we could all make about what we do or don’t agree about the Bible, contemporary Christianity, etc. But we can’t control a single aspect of it. What you’re looking for is control over every facet of your life and everything you don’t like about the world. You already know that kind of control doesn’t exist for people. And that appears to be what frustrates you.

You have a lot of honest insights about the world that people tend to avoid because they bring up uncomfortable dialogue. I’ve appreciated the subsequent posts that you and lonelysummer have made in this thread about the realities of certain topics. But you are consumed by those topics to the point of retreating from the world entirely, which will make you ruminate on those thoughts all the more. That creates a very vicious cycle.

God does answer prayer, but you have to take the initiative to believe and work with Him. It’s not a matter of saying “God help me!” and then walking away. You have to accept the fact that the majority of the time He won’t respond in any way that you can sense, and that He won’t always answer in the way you want Him to. The second you pray to Him about something, you are putting that thing into His hands willingly. It’s already in His hands to care for, but there’s something about us coming to Him of our own choice that gives God even more room to work in us.

That’s all I wanted to say. You sound like an intelligent, caring person and I respect the fact that you’re willing to ask the hard questions. I’ll be praying that you find peace and strength in God.
Thank you very much.

Feb 20, 2016

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
No one wants your conspiracy theories.
Is it a conspiracy theory? Based on the direction America is going, it would not surprise me one bit to see this type of alliance and eventually a one world religion in the future.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Viewing prophecy becoming reality doesn't seem like "worry", more like "fulfillment in our time"
best wishes:):coffee:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
No one wants your conspiracy theories.
When will people wake up? All the conspirators have been trying to hide behnd the false accusation that everything is a "conspiracy theory". And the gullible Sheeple have been buying this nonsense without questioning their motives. But now the actual conspiracies are being exposed on a daily basis, but none of the conspirators are behind bars. And that's the reason that this nonsense about "conspiracy theories" continues to make the rounds.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Based on the direction America is going, it would not surprise me one bit to see this type of alliance and eventually a one world religion in the future.
There is no question that there will indeed be a one-world religion. All people have to do is read and study Revelation 13. And we are fast approaching the reign of the Antichrist.

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
There is no question that there will indeed be a one-world religion. All people have to do is read and study Revelation 13. And we are fast approaching the reign of the Antichrist.
I've been hearing that all of my life. I'm not gonna get myself all worried about that. People have thought for thousands of years -or more precisely, 2000 years - that they were living in the end times.
My last girlfriend was a conspiracy believer, and she was convinced that we are in the end times. "Why do you see all those empty big box stores like Sears and K-mart? The government is gonna use them as internment camps, round up all the Christians, and lock them away in there." "Obama/Biden's gonna take all our guns away. We need our guns to fight back at a tyrannical government". "The covid vaccine is the mark of the Beast. Get vaccinated, and Bill Gates will be able to spy on you". "Global warming is a hoax. The Earth is flat. All that stuff about men going to the moon was shot on a Hollywood soundstage. There's a dome over the Earth, you can't fly off the Earth". Yet she still talked about wanting to get married and have lots of children. Why would you want to bring children into a world that God is going to destroy? Why would you want to have children if the odds are 99.9% that they will end up in the Lake of Fire? How can you be concerned with love and romance when we are on the verge of World War 3? It didn't make sense to me.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I've been hearing that all of my life. I'm not gonna get myself all worried about that.
Christians at least are not to "worry" about this since the reign of the Antichrist cannot begin until the Church and the Holy Spirit are "taken out of the way" (removed from this earth). But there was never a time before when the New World Order was spoken about publicly, blatantly and deliberately, and actual steps were taken to implement it. Have you been following what the World Economic Forum has been up to? Have you been following what governments and Big Tech have been up to recently? This is all new.

Feb 20, 2016
I've been hearing that all of my life. I'm not gonna get myself all worried about that. People have thought for thousands of years -or more precisely, 2000 years - that they were living in the end times.
My last girlfriend was a conspiracy believer, and she was convinced that we are in the end times. "Why do you see all those empty big box stores like Sears and K-mart? The government is gonna use them as internment camps, round up all the Christians, and lock them away in there." "Obama/Biden's gonna take all our guns away. We need our guns to fight back at a tyrannical government". "The covid vaccine is the mark of the Beast. Get vaccinated, and Bill Gates will be able to spy on you". "Global warming is a hoax. The Earth is flat. All that stuff about men going to the moon was shot on a Hollywood soundstage. There's a dome over the Earth, you can't fly off the Earth". Yet she still talked about wanting to get married and have lots of children. Why would you want to bring children into a world that God is going to destroy? Why would you want to have children if the odds are 99.9% that they will end up in the Lake of Fire? How can you be concerned with love and romance when we are on the verge of World War 3? It didn't make sense to me.
Don't feed the troll, either in real life of online.

P

pablocito

You have to accept the fact that the majority of the time He won’t respond in any way that you can sense, and that He won’t always answer in the way you want Him to.

The statement you made is very true in today's world but it does not have to be so.

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

The verse above explains why your statement is true. In a word it is lack of knowledge.

Today we are the only people in the entirety of all mankind from the very beginning until now, who have God's complete word from beginning to end of all eternity, nothing to be added or nothing to be subtracted from it.

All of God's answers to us are contained in the bible and it is just a matter of searching the word of God and in time everything will be revealed to us, as our faith and our diligence in searching his word grows.

We are not supposed to second guess God but take him at His word, (that is what is called faith) and in this manner we will not need to ask God anything because He has already given us everything. It is only for us to take it.

Ecc_5:2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
The statement you made is very true in today's world but it does not have to be so.

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

The verse above explains why your statement is true. In a word it is lack of knowledge.

Today we are the only people in the entirety of all mankind from the very beginning until now, who have God's complete word from beginning to end of all eternity, nothing to be added or nothing to be subtracted from it.
Okay, this is news to me. I thought the Bible had been around for at least a few hundred years.

P

pablocito

Okay, this is news to me. I thought the Bible had been around for at least a few hundred years.
The complete bible was not completed until after Christ ascended into heaven back in the first century, and specifically after the book of Revelation was written by John. (That was approximately 2000 years ago according to our worldly calendar).

I am not into secular calendars etc because God's kingdom is infinity to infinity, and our salvation does not depend on where we are on the calendar on this earth. Christ is the only requirement of our salvation.

I am not sure why you asked the question you did. But we on the earth were given the last Revelation by God that described the last days and final destruction of the earth and the heavens at which time a new earth and new heaven will appear.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
The complete bible was not completed until after Christ ascended into heaven back in the first century, and specifically after the book of Revelation was written by John. (That was approximately 2000 years ago according to our worldly calendar).

I am not into secular calendars etc because God's kingdom is infinity to infinity, and our salvation does not depend on where we are on the calendar on this earth. Christ is the only requirement of our salvation.

I am not sure why you asked the question you did. But we on the earth were given the last Revelation by God that described the last days and final destruction of the earth and the heavens at which time a new earth and new heaven will appear.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
I asked the question because your statement implied that having the complete Bible was a recent thing. That jumped out at me because as far as I know, we've had the Bible far longer than we've had the automobile or the airplane; far longer than we've had television or radio.
It's fine to say things like "I am not into secular calendars", that might work for you, but I still live in a world where I am expected to show up for work on the days I am scheduled; keep appointments for various things down here in the lower world; many of us mere mortals have those kinds of obligations and responsibilities.

Feb 20, 2016
I asked the question because your statement implied that having the complete Bible was a recent thing. That jumped out at me because as far as I know, we've had the Bible far longer than we've had the automobile or the airplane; far longer than we've had television or radio.
It's fine to say things like "I am not into secular calendars", that might work for you, but I still live in a world where I am expected to show up for work on the days I am scheduled; keep appointments for various things down here in the lower world; many of us mere mortals have those kinds of obligations and responsibilities.
Are you talking to me?

P

pablocito

And that is the difference between us and you. There are two worlds one of Good and the other Evil. One of the Spiritual and the Other of the Secular carnal.

We will know everything because God will enlighten us. The secular will not know anything whatsoever and that is their plight.

Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

You see we will never be in the dark and as the end approaches which actually is now we will know absolutely everything, again I say absolutely everything. Nothing missing.

That is not so with those in darkness they will know absolutely nothing. They will be absolutely perplexed.

Those are the ways of God toward his children and also his ways toward those who have rejected him.