Desperate Need of Help with a relationship

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
It is in the judgement of God to see. I made my mistakes in the past but now I'm putting my all in focusing on the Lord. My faith in Him will never wander away.


We all have made mistakes.

I was taught growing up that we can't know for sure until we are judged.
But there were many who were told in the Bible the reason to expect to be in Heaven.
Here's one promise to those from 1John 5:11...
11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

>Good News!<
 
We did see each other on video cam from time to time before, she actually admit her feelings to me first all those years ago. I did have plans to visit to see how the country looks. If it was good, moving would be an option. But, during the time, I had complications in life that prevented me from planning to travel sooner.
Yes I've become a little jaded with the deceptions online, but something doesn't pass the smell test here.

Either you are messing with us for whatever reason, or you truly need to see someone in the pshche field in person. AN ONLINE RELATIONSHIP FOR 12 YEARS WITHOUT EVER PHYSICALLY MEETING!!!?

So waaaay back in 2013, you somehow met this person online, have given her gifts over the years and probably money, and NEVER met her?

Again, you're either messing with us, or are VERY messed up.

I hope it's the former, if it's the latter, I'm sorry for being harsh, but seek professional counseling immediately.
 
We did see each other on video cam from time to time before, she actually admit her feelings to me first all those years ago. I did have plans to visit to see how the country looks. If it was good, moving would be an option. But, during the time, I had complications in life that prevented me from planning to travel sooner.
In all honesty , it sounds to me as if u were both very comfortable with the distance ( physical ) that was between u .
I know the world has changed a lot since I was single and dating , with the internet and globalisation etc , but 12 years in an on line only relationship isn't actually a relationship in the truest sense of the word . U never went anywhere together ? U never met each others friends and family ? U never held hands ? I'm so sorry but in most people eyes , even in this digital age , that's not really a relationship , not a romantic one anyway 😟 . Maybe u r a very shy person ? I understand that 😁 and I'm sorry if u don't feel comfortable actually getting out into the world and meeting people . U must learn though that if u r only communicating on line and never in person , u r making yourself very vulnerable and open to abuse by unscrupulous people . I suspect that this is what has happened here . Take a step back and reflect on the last twelve years . Was it satisfying emotionally for u ? Would u want to go through all that again ? Or would u rather try to actually meet some one in person ? There r lots of ladies out there who might b as shy as u r and would b willing to get to know some one such as yourself who might understand their shyness . I hope u find the right girl for u , pray to God every day , start to read the Bible . Maybe venture into an actual church building ? If that too much there r on line churches I'm sure 👍 .
 
Yes I've become a little jaded with the deceptions online, but something doesn't pass the smell test here.

Either you are messing with us for whatever reason, or you truly need to see someone in the pshche field in person. AN ONLINE RELATIONSHIP FOR 12 YEARS WITHOUT EVER PHYSICALLY MEETING!!!?

So waaaay back in 2013, you somehow met this person online, have given her gifts over the years and probably money, and NEVER met her?

Again, you're either messing with us, or are VERY messed up.

I hope it's the former, if it's the latter, I'm sorry for being harsh, but seek professional counseling immediately.

Again, its complicated on my end. Especially when living under the same roof with people. Let's just say I have no control over my life.
 
We did see each other on video cam from time to time before, she actually admit her feelings to me first all those years ago. I did have plans to visit to see how the country looks. If it was good, moving would be an option. But, during the time, I had complications in life that prevented me from planning to travel sooner.


Long distance relationships can be problematic for a lot of reasons.
That doesn't mean it can't work well with the Lord's help. It just tends to be the exception to the rule.

I'm not here to judge or to kick you when you're down. You need compassion, wisdom and healing IMHO.

How many critics lived in sin together with their girlfriends or bfs before getting married?
How many sinned by giving their sons or daughters in marriage to heathen unbelievers. That's a big one too.

. Even Health and Happiness can have a lot of crisis happen in a short time and get depressed. I didn't turn to drugs. I did something far better and more effective. Studied my Bible.
The Lord clearly made His presence known 3 times before leaving the house. I walked early, and walked in the sun, bought some healthy food, and hiked back home.

The FDA will not approve, but I recommend starting that now. It will expose your skin to sun to produce a hormone that is far better than an SRI or antidepressant. ..It's D3. They have discovered that even though is classified as a vitamin, it's a hormone that also functions as a vitamin.

1. Pray with the preacher at the end of the video I shared. If you rather, I'm more than happy to lead you in a prayer for God's kind gift and mercy.
2. Get into an active routine that will provide healthy stress to your muscles. I'm a hiker/ backpacker.
If you like to walk, for instance, I would go early before it gets hot. I like a tank top and shorts to get enough sunshine and keep cool. Drink a lot of water.

3. Focus on the Lord most of all.
Help others where you can find a place to serve, like st a church or nursing home. Some people will take a Bible and call the activity Director for a time when you can read to a crowd who wants to. Work out a schedule time slot and read it daily if you aren't already. Prayer goes hand in hand with that.
When we go through tragic times, we should use it as a way to grow closer to the Lord. It might be a time of pruning to bring forth much fruit.
Let the pain propel you to your knees as your heartfelt prayers go upward.
The Holy Spirit is our Comforter.
Make use of His ministry to you daily.
If you have local friends, let them know of your prayer requests and that you need some compassion right now.

Lastly, I was listening to a short teaching by a therapist I've learned a few things from while working through depression.
I don't normally recommend Therapists, but this one has learned from his experiences with chronic depression. Like all things, judge everything said with an open Bible.
His channel has a ton of information.

Once again, go back to #1.
Would you like me to pray with you about the subject of the previous video?


Here's a short sample by Dr. Scott Eilers

https://youtube.com/shorts/3euPJY-oO5I?feature=shared
 
Long distance relationships can be problematic for a lot of reasons.
That doesn't mean it can't work well with the Lord's help. It just tends to be the exception to the rule.

I'm not here to judge or to kick you when you're down. You need compassion, wisdom and healing IMHO.

How many critics lived in sin together with their girlfriends or bfs before getting married?
How many sinned by giving their sons or daughters in marriage to heathen unbelievers. That's a big one too.

. Even Health and Happiness can have a lot of crisis happen in a short time and get depressed. I didn't turn to drugs. I did something far better and more effective. Studied my Bible.
The Lord clearly made His presence known 3 times before leaving the house. I walked early, and walked in the sun, bought some healthy food, and hiked back home.

The FDA will not approve, but I recommend starting that now. It will expose your skin to sun to produce a hormone that is far better than an SRI or antidepressant. ..It's D3. They have discovered that even though is classified as a vitamin, it's a hormone that also functions as a vitamin.

1. Pray with the preacher at the end of the video I shared. If you rather, I'm more than happy to lead you in a prayer for God's kind gift and mercy.
2. Get into an active routine that will provide healthy stress to your muscles. I'm a hiker/ backpacker.
If you like to walk, for instance, I would go early before it gets hot. I like a tank top and shorts to get enough sunshine and keep cool. Drink a lot of water.

3. Focus on the Lord most of all.
Help others where you can find a place to serve, like st a church or nursing home. Some people will take a Bible and call the activity Director for a time when you can read to a crowd who wants to. Work out a schedule time slot and read it daily if you aren't already. Prayer goes hand in hand with that.
When we go through tragic times, we should use it as a way to grow closer to the Lord. It might be a time of pruning to bring forth much fruit.
Let the pain propel you to your knees as your heartfelt prayers go upward.
The Holy Spirit is our Comforter.
Make use of His ministry to you daily.
If you have local friends, let them know of your prayer requests and that you need some compassion right now.

Lastly, I was listening to a short teaching by a therapist I've learned a few things from while working through depression.
I don't normally recommend Therapists, but this one has learned from his experiences with chronic depression. Like all things, judge everything said with an open Bible.
His channel has a ton of information.

Once again, go back to #1.
Would you like me to pray with you about the subject of the previous video?


Here's a short sample by Dr. Scott Eilers

https://youtube.com/shorts/3euPJY-oO5I?feature=shared

Yes. Yes I'll have the prayer for God's gift and mercy to soothe my spirit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
Mostly chatted online and sent her gifts? Did you ever meet in person? Video chat? Because person you're dating online but never see live is a pretty big red flag for a catfish (though these days even video chat is questionable). And at the risk of encouraging you to ruminate on what we're telling you to let go of, what exactly was the gameplan for this relationship? Because from what you said it sounds like in 12 years you hadn't managed to plan a move to the same town / city to actually be together long term. So how do I say this nicely, did you have actual concrete plans for this relationship or was this more the happily ever after yay someone loves me and that gives me worth kind of fantasy of a relationship?
I was wondering these same things. 12 years and never made a decisive move to advance the relationship does not bode well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze
Yes. Yes I'll have the prayer for God's gift and mercy to soothe my spirit.

Did you get a chance to listen to the first link all the way through? It's the one with the preacher. I ask because he covered the important points leading to the prayer decision that I'll include. There's a few questions that we all have to answer first, just to understand the answers.

Do you know that we deserve Hell according to the Bible, even if we only committed fear, unbelief or lied?
Who isn't guilty of that?

Revelation 21:
8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Do you understand that our good works cannot save us?
I could not honestly give to God a list of works, giving to the church and poor, Bible reading, prayer, treating others as I want to be treated, baptism, trying to turn from sins to obedience to the law, etc. and expect Him to let me into Heaven on that basis.

Titus 3:5
"5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us...."

Ephesians 2
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.


Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.


Since there's nothing we can do to save ourselves, we must turn from trusting our good deeds to trusting Jesus alone as the One Who paid for all sins. He was punished for us and suffered so that we don't need to go to Hell to suffer. We can't add to His sacrifice any works of our own. He did it all. I'm really stressing this point because it's most commonly confused.
People misunderstand that and try to pile on their service or religious landmarks and the fact is that none of them outweigh the sin.

He died for us and arose the third day.

We are promised to never be condemned. We will not lose our salvation because it's based upon our personal behavior. It's based upon what the Lord accomplished.

John 3
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

That means for those who decide to trust Jesus will not be condemned.
What if they sin again? They will because "there's not a just man upon the earth that that doeth good and sinneth not".
When you pray for this gift, trusting Jesus for His gift of everlasting life, "He will never leave you, nor forsake you."
You will never perish.

IF all this makes sense and you believe what the Bible says about it, I will lead you in a prayer to receive that wonderful gift right now.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for your love.
Others have forsaken me, but You never will.
I know that I don't deserve to go to Heaven.
Please save me right now.
Forgive me of all my sins.
And give me the gift You bought for me with Your life. I believe You arose from the dead. Thank You for Your gift of life everlasting.

Amen

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life
. 13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
I John 5
 
  • Like
Reactions: ConfirmByDoing
Did you get a chance to listen to the first link all the way through? It's the one with the preacher. I ask because he covered the important points leading to the prayer decision that I'll include. There's a few questions that we all have to answer first, just to understand the answers.

Do you know that we deserve Hell according to the Bible, even if we only committed fear, unbelief or lied?
Who isn't guilty of that?

Revelation 21:
8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Do you understand that our good works cannot save us?
I could not honestly give to God a list of works, giving to the church and poor, Bible reading, prayer, treating others as I want to be treated, baptism, trying to turn from sins to obedience to the law, etc. and expect Him to let me into Heaven on that basis.

Titus 3:5
"5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us...."

Ephesians 2
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.


Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.


Since there's nothing we can do to save ourselves, we must turn from trusting our good deeds to trusting Jesus alone as the One Who paid for all sins. He was punished for us and suffered so that we don't need to go to Hell to suffer. We can't add to His sacrifice any works of our own. He did it all. I'm really stressing this point because it's most commonly confused.
People misunderstand that and try to pile on their service or religious landmarks and the fact is that none of them outweigh the sin.

He died for us and arose the third day.

We are promised to never be condemned. We will not lose our salvation because it's based upon our personal behavior. It's based upon what the Lord accomplished.

John 3
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

That means for those who decide to trust Jesus will not be condemned.
What if they sin again? They will because "there's not a just man upon the earth that that doeth good and sinneth not".
When you pray for this gift, trusting Jesus for His gift of everlasting life, "He will never leave you, nor forsake you."
You will never perish.

IF all this makes sense and you believe what the Bible says about it, I will lead you in a prayer to receive that wonderful gift right now.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for your love.
Others have forsaken me, but You never will.
I know that I don't deserve to go to Heaven.
Please save me right now.
Forgive me of all my sins.
And give me the gift You bought for me with Your life. I believe You arose from the dead. Thank You for Your gift of life everlasting.

Amen

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life
. 13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
I John 5
Well said, my friend..

"But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”⁠—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.”
— Romans 10:8-11
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
"The peace of God protects us when we trust the God of peace is with us. Liberated from the burden of clinging to concerns, we can experience peace in the release of every prayer into God's trustworthy hands" -from my devotional this morning-

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."
— Philippians 4:4-11

Dear Father, I pray for peace during this trial that is meant to refine and better prepare our friend for the road that lies ahead. In Jesus name, Amen!👑
 
Well said, my friend..

"But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”⁠—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.”
— Romans 10:8-11


Amen!
That's one of the scriptures that someone shared with me when they tried to lead me to Christ one afternoon. I wasn't yet convinced, but had an open mind to look into it with God's help. That night I read chapter 10, some others too and took them to the Lord. That's when I sincerely trusted Him to save me.

Now that we are in the family, God can and does help us all through the toughest times.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ConfirmByDoing