Devil wears Prada

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I do have long lashes, but I don’t wear makeup. I feel like it would really complicate my life at this point.
you probably don't need to.
Fake nails is something I can't keep up with. I garden so it would be silly for me to have them. Also I don't bite my nails as some people do.
 
  • Like
Reactions: McShawn
ha
I went to the Specsavers once to have a look at their frames, and was surprised to see Kylie Minogue had her own line of eyewear. Of course all the celebs and pop stars have their own brand/line of clothing now. I mean Selena was kind of the first to actually do this and DESIGN her own costumes without needing a team except her family. She set up boutiques and she was only 20 or so years when she did this.

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were exploited as child stars but their parents or agents made a whole lot of merch deals and they ended up with their own clothing line, and now they design or oversee fashion in their own right and have a label. It's called the Row. Its way to expensive for ordinary plebs though.

Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice girl) has her own fashion line but it's entirely funded by her husband David Beckham.

Just as examples of..fashion being far reaching I guess. Well for women anyway, its nice to see women having a say in their own clothing and not it being designed by men who have no idea what is comfortable for women to wear. And stay beautiful as well.
Men designing women’s clothing always seemed like a strange fit to me. Now they’ve gone to the next level and are (re)designing their entire anatomy.
 
Men designing women’s clothing always seemed like a strange fit to me. Now they’ve gone to the next level and are (re)designing their entire anatomy.
Yea the whole Drag Queen or is it Drag King thing seems to be look as garish and outlandish as possible without breaking your legs.
I can't wear heels either. I can do with a little lift, but I couldn't wear them all day long. It would hurt too much.

In the movie, Anne Hathaway wears a lot of heels, mostly boots but in some she runs in heels (it always looks funny when women do that) and I think amazing! But remember it's a movie and probably has many takes and in between takes she probably takes them off and walks around barefoot. lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: McShawn
Cinderella story was also about a shoe, or slipper, in most stories it's made of glass.
Wizard of OZ movie is famously about the Ruby Slippers, but in the books its actually Diamond slippers.

I actually didn't see anyone wear red heels like on the OG movie poster in the actual movie. I don't think I even saw Miranda's feet? I do remember Andy's though.
 
Oh that reminds me of Celine Dion, in one of her interviews (she's known for extravagant fashion choices) said she'll wear anything with a heel even if her toes have to be smashed or curl around to grip them lol

I thought she was maybe joking as she does but she has entire storage facilities dedicated to clothes! It was in the documentary I am Celine Dion.

Some of her costumes are jaw dropping but a lot of them are held together with velcro.
 
There is a documentary film called The September Issue about the real Vogue magazine and Anna Wintour in it (In the movie coded as Miranda Priestly and Runway magazine, as is obvious to anyone who's read the book)

It's quite insightful and the amount of work - and advertising that goes into that issue..I think there were more ads than copy. I have never actually bought a copy or issue of Vogue myself, but you can find them at any hairdressers/salon and in waiting rooms, and can always find them in the library.

The thing is with the digital issues, you won't get the perfume samples! So it's not the same.
The photo shoots are always amusing because you know it's not real life, its always been retouched with special lighting and makeup and maybe clothing is clipped at the back with bull dog clips. The hair might be a wig.
 
If you ever go into a luxury brand boutique well it's an experience.
I walked past a Louis Vuitton, think it was in Singapore, Orchard Road, and they have red velvet ropes at the entrance, and you had to queue or maybe get vetted to even go in. Of course they don't want anyone stealing the handbags. But that just amazed me.

Yes there are some incredibly wealthy people in this world, and always dressed to the nines.
 
  • Like
Reactions: McShawn
Yea the whole Drag Queen or is it Drag King thing seems to be look as garish and outlandish as possible without breaking your legs.
I can't wear heels either. I can do with a little lift, but I couldn't wear them all day long. It would hurt too much.

In the movie, Anne Hathaway wears a lot of heels, mostly boots but in some she runs in heels (it always looks funny when women do that) and I think amazing! But remember it's a movie and probably has many takes and in between takes she probably takes them off and walks around barefoot. lol
I couldn’t imagine. lol
 
If you ever go into a luxury brand boutique well it's an experience.
I walked past a Louis Vuitton, think it was in Singapore, Orchard Road, and they have red velvet ropes at the entrance, and you had to queue or maybe get vetted to even go in. Of course they don't want anyone stealing the handbags. But that just amazed me.

Yes there are some incredibly wealthy people in this world, and always dressed to the nines.
My ex wife (#2) loved Louis Vuitton. I managed to escape with a Sam Walton suitcase full of clothes.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: seoulsearch
My sister has a Louis Wonton bag
lol
She actually did buy me a really good tote bag. It's a brand called Longchamp, and it's French. You can fold it up small and is nice and roomy otherwise. I had to clip a tassel thing on the zip though, so I could pull it. The tassel I bought for $3. I don't actually know how much the bag cost.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: McShawn
My sister has a Louis Wonton bag
lol
She actually did buy me a really good tote bag. It's a brand called Longchamp, and it's French. You can fold it up small and is nice and roomy otherwise. I had to clip a tassel thing on the zip though, so I could pull it. The tassel I bought for $3. I don't actually know how much the bag cost.
Louis Wonton, lol.. Oh she had thirty of those. One for each day of the month.
 
If you want to see ostentatious fashion...check out Marie Antoinette!

Probably where the Louis Vuitton brand comes from...all those French Kings named Louis. Louis got up to 14 if I recall. Louis XIV before they were beheaded.

I think that's what the Roman Numerals signify. I have so forgotten how they work now. M is 1000..C is 100, L is 50, X is 10? I is 1, V is 5

If I recall.
ok Quartoze in French. Louis the 14th
 
  • Like
Reactions: McShawn
She was more of a stomper. A very angry fashion slave.
Oh. Did she put holes in your floors? More of a Rumpelstiltskin?
Sorry not really my business..

Those heels can be lethal. Maybe it was her feet were hurting?
 
Oh. Did she put holes in your floors? More of a Rumpelstiltskin?
Sorry not really my business..

Those heels can be lethal. Maybe it was her feet were hurting?
She was the hole in the my floor. It’s good to bring it up once in awhile, laugh about it, give God the glory, and let it go again.
 
  • Pray
Reactions: seoulsearch
eek
Yea, the waxing, the surgery, the squeezing into tight clothes, the diet restrictions, the heels, the makeup, the hair dye, the cost of it all.

What some women go through, just to look pretty.

and we don't really NEED to do any of that, well, not all the time, but society looks down on slovenly peeps.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: McShawn