Devil wears Prada

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Well-known member
Dec 15, 2018
32,666
11,797
113
Does the devil wear Prada?

Or does she/he wear something else.
Anyone else wear Prada?

What are Christians meant to wear? Dior?
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
I'd like to talk about fashion amongst Christians if anyone's interested.

I mean what were those WWJD rubber bracelets all about, where did that come from?
Socks with sandals were also an interesting sartorial departure.

Why don't women wear head coverings anymore?
Is ostentatious jewellery a sin? What about pearls, embroidery and other costly array?
Should married women be wearing diamond rings? Especially knowing how exploitative those diamond mines are of their workers.

What do christians think of throw-away fashion? All our First world cast offs end up baled to third world countries in Africa, and they get overwhelmed by them and it hurts their economies.

What about those sumptuous robes some priests wear, and what are dog collars all about?
 
I'd like to talk about fashion amongst Christians if anyone's interested.

I mean what were those WWJD rubber bracelets all about, where did that come from?
Socks with sandals were also an interesting sartorial departure.

Why don't women wear head coverings anymore?
Is ostentatious jewellery a sin? What about pearls, embroidery and other costly array?
Should married women be wearing diamond rings? Especially knowing how exploitative those diamond mines are of their workers.

What do christians think of throw-away fashion? All our First world cast offs end up baled to third world countries in Africa, and they get overwhelmed by them and it hurts their economies.

What about those sumptuous robes some priests wear, and what are dog collars all about?
Ain't one bit of it that is one bit of my business, so I don't worry my head about any of it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: paisley
I mostly wear Carhartt. I've never worn prada or dior. Of course, I don't know if either of those make clothing for men.

I appreciate a woman without make-up or lots of adornment. I've been known to say that the net result of make-up is an uglier world. That's because too many really don't know how to apply the stuff in a way that will make them a wee bit more attractive.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
Of the labels, ones that I have more than maybe 3 items off, currently the winners are....Cotton On, and now Dotti.
Glassons also

Other than that anything that fits.

Oh forgot Esprit. That one's quality.

So pretty basic. I don't have any designer clothing, except for a Louis Vuitton wallet my brother gave me that I never used so gave to my mum. She didn't use it either so it's just sitting in a drawer with no money in it. lol
 
Yes both Prada and Dior design for men as well. Perfume, clothing, accessories etc.
 
Hmm well just seen the movie sequel. If you liked the first one, the second is pretty good although Meryls Streep's character Miranda is not nearly so nasty as in the first, mellowed out a bit. A lot of 'in' references and little Easter Eggs for the eagle eyed.

The fashion is pretty breathtaking, def some wow moments.

Question movie brings up, does the Devil swap Prada for Dior?

Anne Hathaway hasn't aged one bit. And Emily plays herself. Good old - I mean, perfect -Emily.

One source of amusement - Andy Sachs new BF is ...Australian! I was laughing because I always laugh when I hear Australians talk.

One attention seeking certain pop sensation makes a Met Gala like cameo. I thought Oh no typical, she made it on the Simpsons, and now this? She of the meat dress. Anyway. If you know, you know. Better the devil you know, then the one you don't.
 
I once had a bottle of Dior perfume for some insane reason, cos I liked the bottle. But I actually didn't like the smell of it. It was J'adore by Dior.

I was gifted Fantasy by Britney Spears. Bottle is cute, fragrance is fruity pink

Anais Anais by Cacharel --bottle isn't the most trendy but the fragrance is sweet and feminine.

I mean you may not be able to keep up with the latest fashions (who can? Its couture, only royals and celebs and the elite have that kind of budget) but if you have a really good perfume, you'll always smell good.

And that's why Jesus talked about Mary and her anointing oil/box of alabaster perfume. That she paid like her whole years wages for.
This is the story to be told wherever the Gospel is preached.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ruthie
I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my moonglasses at night..
Well depends on how bright the moon is shining. It sometimes gives me insomnia, I mean the moon is full now.
The glare of headlights in cars when driving at night can be blinding.

Are you referring to Anna Wintour? Prada sunglasses?

Mine aren't label. Just transitions, if I read the tiny print, I can tell you what they are.
My old ones were Elle, like the magazine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: McShawn
Glasses can be sooo expensive if you need prescription

Honestly, the bill for mine came to over $1000 I kid you not.
 
I mostly wear Carhartt. I've never worn prada or dior. Of course, I don't know if either of those make clothing for men.

I appreciate a woman without make-up or lots of adornment. I've been known to say that the net result of make-up is an uglier world. That's because too many really don't know how to apply the stuff in a way that will make them a wee bit more attractive.
mm well if you short-sighted or near sighted like me, and don't do it everyday, you'll need someone else like a makeup artist to do it for you.
I can't even wear mascara. I'm afraid of poking my eyes out, and my natural lashes aren't long enough anyway. I would not be able to glue them on, I can't even get a contact lens in.

And the secret, if you DO wear makeup, is to blend it in..and not leave a line around your neck where the foundation ends and your neck begins lol I've seen some women do this and it never looks right.
 
I wear my moonglasses at night..
Well depends on how bright the moon is shining. It sometimes gives me insomnia, I mean the moon is full now.
The glare of headlights in cars when driving at night can be blinding.

Are you referring to Anna Wintour? Prada sunglasses?

Mine aren't label. Just transitions, if I read the tiny print, I can tell you what they are.
My old ones were Elle, like the magazine.
No Prada here. Just a sentimental old pair of “Dockers” that my neurologist gave me when I dropped mine in his office and broke them.
 
mm well if you short-sighted or near sighted like me, and don't do it everyday, you'll need someone else like a makeup artist to do it for you.
I can't even wear mascara. I'm afraid of poking my eyes out, and my natural lashes aren't long enough anyway. I would not be able to glue them on, I can't even get a contact lens in.

And the secret, if you DO wear makeup, is to blend it in..and not leave a line around your neck where the foundation ends and your neck begins lol I've seen some women do this and it never looks right.
I do have long lashes, but I don’t wear makeup. I feel like it would really complicate my life at this point.
 
No Prada here. Just a sentimental old pair of “Dockers” that my neurologist gave me when I dropped mine in his office and broke them.
ha
I went to the Specsavers once to have a look at their frames, and was surprised to see Kylie Minogue had her own line of eyewear. Of course all the celebs and pop stars have their own brand/line of clothing now. I mean Selena was kind of the first to actually do this and DESIGN her own costumes without needing a team except her family. She set up boutiques and she was only 20 or so years when she did this.

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were exploited as child stars but their parents or agents made a whole lot of merch deals and they ended up with their own clothing line, and now they design or oversee fashion in their own right and have a label. It's called the Row. Its way to expensive for ordinary plebs though.

Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice girl) has her own fashion line but it's entirely funded by her husband David Beckham.

Just as examples of..fashion being far reaching I guess. Well for women anyway, its nice to see women having a say in their own clothing and not it being designed by men who have no idea what is comfortable for women to wear. And stay beautiful as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: McShawn