Dictionary game

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nobody recognizes this as a word! Where did you find it?

Try this: Ergodic
LOL I got a few letters mixed up...the word s/b 'neologize'. Let me try your word then I;ll put mine back, excuse me:unsure: lol.

Ergodic
1 : of or relating to a process in which every sequence or sizable sample is equally representative of the whole (as in regard to a statistical parameter) 2 : involving or relating to the probability that any state will recur especially : having zero probability that any state will never recur.

'Neologize'

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
LOL I got a few letters mixed up...the word s/b 'neologize'. Let me try your word then I;ll put mine back, excuse me:unsure: lol.

Ergodic
1 : of or relating to a process in which every sequence or sizable sample is equally representative of the whole (as in regard to a statistical parameter) 2 : involving or relating to the probability that any state will recur especially : having zero probability that any state will never recur.

'Neologize'
The closest Merriam-Webster could come was:

Neologism
noun
noun: neologism; plural noun: neologisms

1. a newly coined word or expression.

portmanteau word
    • the coining or use of new words.
  2. Could it be the verb form of that word? Pandect - Goodnight.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
No new word?

Ok what about this one I had some children not know what it means (and why would they they dont have huge amounts of money to give away) so we looked it up in the dictionary.

PHilanthropy

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
No new word?

Ok what about this one I had some children not know what it means (and why would they they dont have huge amounts of money to give away) so we looked it up in the dictionary.

PHilanthropy
Benevolence

Making up new words from old ones.
I believe he was answering you 'Neologize' entry.

I did too but you didn't see it. Then I asked a question: Could it be the verb form of that word?

Neologism
noun

portmanteau word

Pandect

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Benevolence

I believe he was answering you 'Neologize' entry.

I did too but you didn't see it. Then I asked a question: Could it be the verb form of that word?

Neologism
noun

portmanteau word

Pandect
Wait, can you give what benevolence means. Which dictionary are you using, cos it usually doesnt give just one word for another word thats even longer or more obscure than the word its means to describe?!

I use collins and/or Oxford and the definitions are usually pretty good and understandable. I suppose miriam-webster is an American dictionary?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
No new word?

PHilanthropy
Today, philanthropy means generosity in all its forms and is often defined as giving gifts of “time, talent and treasure” to help make life better for other people. You can practice philanthropy by making a monetary gift, such as a donation to a cause you believe in.

Hi Lanolin, check next posts for new word!

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Philanthropy

Benevolence: This is what I was pairing. Is there a problem?

Still waiting on Pandect
a complete body of the laws of a country; The original pandect was the "Pandectae," a massive fifty-volume digest of Roman civil law that was created under the emperor Justinian in the 6th century. The Latin word pandectae is the plural of "pandectes," which means "encyclopedic work" or "book that contains everything

'Vim'

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
a complete body of the laws of a country; The original pandect was the "Pandectae," a massive fifty-volume digest of Roman civil law that was created under the emperor Justinian in the 6th century. The Latin word pandectae is the plural of "pandectes," which means "encyclopedic work" or "book that contains everything

'Vim'
vim vim
noun
noun vim
  1. energy; enthusiasm.

Intestary

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Ok sorry I was a bit confused there. We are not doing synonyms we are doing dictionary definitions. So you cant just give a similar word as a meaning for another word.

benevolent adj
1. Well meaning and kindly.
2. (Of an organization) charitable rather than profit-making.

Derivatives - benevolence

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Sorry my dictionary does not have Intestary, it does have intestacy though (are you spelling it correctly?)

Intestacy derives from intestate adj. not having made a will before you die.

Ok new word

Upcycle

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Sorry my dictionary does not have Intestary, it does have intestacy though (are you spelling it correctly?)

Intestacy derives from intestate adj. not having made a will before you die.

Ok new word

Upcycle

up·cy·cle ˈəpˌsīkəl
verb
verb upcycle 3rd person present upcycles gerund or present participle upcycling past tense upcycled past participle upcycled
  1. reuse (discarded objects or material) in such a way as to create a product of higher quality or value than the original.

Quinquennium :unsure:

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
up·cy·cle ˈəpˌsīkəl
verb
verb upcycle 3rd person present upcycles gerund or present participle upcycling past tense upcycled past participle upcycled
  1. reuse (discarded objects or material) in such a way as to create a product of higher quality or value than the original.

Quinquennium :unsure:
Noun. A specified period of 5 years.

New word: Gargamel

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Gargamel - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Gargamel

1. Gargamel (Ethan Ritz) is a fictional character from The Smurfs. He is an evil wizard, the sworn enemy of the Smurfs, and the main antagonist in the show and comic books. His main goal in life is to destroy the Smurfs to turn them into gold.

Anhedonia :cool:
Anhedonia is a diverse array of deficits in hedonic function, including reduced motivation or ability to experience pleasure.[1] While earlier definitions of anhedonia emphasized the inability to experience pleasure, anhedonia is used by researchers to refer to reduced motivation, reduced anticipatory pleasure (wanting), reduced consummatory pleasure (liking), and deficits in reinforcement learning.

'Philomath'

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Anhedonia is a diverse array of deficits in hedonic function, including reduced motivation or ability to experience pleasure.[1] While earlier definitions of anhedonia emphasized the inability to experience pleasure, anhedonia is used by researchers to refer to reduced motivation, reduced anticipatory pleasure (wanting), reduced consummatory pleasure (liking), and deficits in reinforcement learning.

'Philomath'
A philomath (/ˈfɪləmæθ/) from Greek φίλος philos ("beloved", "loving", as in philosophy or philanthropy) and μανθάνειν, μαθ- manthanein, math- ("to learn", as in polymath) is a lover of learning and studying.

Ecchymosis o_O

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
My guess: ecchy - similar to the word etchy, as in etch-a-sketch, so some form of child's drawing; and mosis, the plural of Moses. So an ecchymosis is a child's sketch of myself and a number of similarly named colleagues.

Actual word:
Medicine
noun: ecchymosis; plural noun: ecchymoses
  1. a discoloration of the skin resulting from bleeding underneath, typically caused by bruising.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
My guess: ecchy - similar to the word etchy, as in etch-a-sketch, so some form of child's drawing; and mosis, the plural of Moses. So an ecchymosis is a child's sketch of myself and a number of similarly named colleagues.

Actual word:
Medicine
noun: ecchymosis; plural noun: ecchymoses
  1. a discoloration of the skin resulting from bleeding underneath, typically caused by bruising.
Very good Moses_Young, but you need to start giving us a new word.

Try this one:

Gratnee :D