Dictionary game

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Gratnee

Another word for Au Gratin ~ Sprinkled with breadcrumbs or cheese or both AND browned.

Now I know what Au Gratin is lol. That has been "Gratin'" on my nerves for quite some time...

Will try and throw in a few words that have been going through my mind lately. Sometimes I think we don't meditate on definitions enough...

Exhort.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Gratnee

Another word for Au Gratin ~ Sprinkled with breadcrumbs or cheese or both AND browned.

Now I know what Au Gratin is lol. That has been "Gratin'" on my nerves for quite some time...

Will try and throw in a few words that have been going through my mind lately. Sometimes I think we don't meditate on definitions enough...

Exhort.

Encourage

Kef :D

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
~A dreamy or tranquil state.

This is rather an odd pick because of what else it brings up, was that intentional? There's also like 4 pronunciations lol.

The first one (Keef) I have only heard applied to one thing.

Ameliorate.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
~A dreamy or tranquil state.

This is rather an odd pick because of what else it brings up, was that intentional? There's also like 4 pronunciations lol.

The first one (Keef) I have only heard applied to one thing.

Ameliorate.

No, kef wasn't chosen for anything intentional. It just happen to stick out as a three letter uncommon word. Here is Merriam-Websters entry on it:
Definition of kef

1: a state of dreamy tranquility
2: a smoking material (such as marijuana) that produces kef

Ameliorate

a·me·lio·rate əˈmēlyəˌrāt
verb

make (something bad or unsatisfactory) better.
improve/ make better/ better/ make improvements/ to enhance/ help benefit/ boost/ raise/ amend/ refine/ reform/ relieve/ ease/ mitigate/ retrieve/ rectify/ correct/ right

Slyboots Goodnight

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
No, kef wasn't chosen for anything intentional. It just happen to stick out as a three letter uncommon word. Here is Merriam-Websters entry on it:
Definition of kef

1: a state of dreamy tranquility
2: a smoking material (such as marijuana) that produces kef

Ameliorate

a·me·lio·rate əˈmēlyəˌrāt
verb

make (something bad or unsatisfactory) better.
improve/ make better/ better/ make improvements/ to enhance/ help benefit/ boost/ raise/ amend/ refine/ reform/ relieve/ ease/ mitigate/ retrieve/ rectify/ correct/ right

Slyboots Goodnight
'night.

a sly tricky person
one who is cunning or mischievous in an engaging way

Ironically in my internal discourse mischief came up today in regards to evil and the word doesn't really capture the concept. Mischief seems to have too much of a neutral slant. Almost the "foibles of youth"...or basic childishness (trouble). Which again doesn't really capture evil and seemingly can be overlooked.

So slyboots. It seems on its face to be making light of typically negatively cast words in a believers life but at the same time the word "sly" may apply to a certain type of "common sense".

So since you used a three letter word...I will also! (the one I recall from my SAT studying is escaping me at present :( )

So PAT (whichever definition sticks out & why)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
'night.

a sly tricky person
one who is cunning or mischievous in an engaging way

Ironically in my internal discourse mischief came up today in regards to evil and the word doesn't really capture the concept. Mischief seems to have too much of a neutral slant. Almost the "foibles of youth"...or basic childishness (trouble). Which again doesn't really capture evil and seemingly can be overlooked.

So slyboots. It seems on its face to be making light of typically negatively cast words in a believers life but at the same time the word "sly" may apply to a certain type of "common sense".

So since you used a three letter word...I will also! (the one I recall from my SAT studying is escaping me at present :( )

So PAT (whichever definition sticks out & why)
pat pat
adjective
adjective pat
  1. simple and somewhat glib or unconvincing.
    glib/ simple/ simplistic/ facile/ slick/ smooth/ unconvincing/ perfunctory

Okay, now the why: It seems this function "the pat answer" is used a lot in this forum. In other words, tradition has always interpreted that scripture as such.

Bryology

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
pat pat
adjective
adjective pat
  1. simple and somewhat glib or unconvincing.
    glib/ simple/ simplistic/ facile/ slick/ smooth/ unconvincing/ perfunctory

Okay, now the why: It seems this function "the pat answer" is used a lot in this forum. In other words, tradition has always interpreted that scripture as such.

Bryology
Ty for giving that some thought :)

I once played a game where there was a moss giant boss with bryo in the name...so I'm going to guess the study of moss.

YAY... ~The study of mosses, liverworts, and hornworts. often studied along with lichenology due to the ecological niche of the two organisms ~ Wikipedia

The boss name was actually almost exact ironically.

Dude

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Ty for giving that some thought :)

I once played a game where there was a moss giant boss with bryo in the name...so I'm going to guess the study of moss.

YAY... ~The study of mosses, liverworts, and hornworts. often studied along with lichenology due to the ecological niche of the two organisms ~ Wikipedia

The boss name was actually almost exact ironically.

Dude
dude do͞od
noun
noun dude plural noun dudes
  1. a man; a guy.
    • a stylish, fastidious man.

• a city-dweller, especially one vacationing on a ranch in the western US.

Ombre :unsure:

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
dude do͞od
noun
noun dude plural noun dudes
  1. a man; a guy.
    • a stylish, fastidious man.

• a city-dweller, especially one vacationing on a ranch in the western US.

Ombre :unsure:
/ ˈ ɒ m b r eɪ / (literally "shaded" in French) is the gradual blending of one color hue to another, usually moving tints and shades from light to dark. It has become a popular feature for hair coloring, nail art, and even baking, in addition to its uses in home decorating and graphic design. Also, a 17th century fast moving, trick taking card game for 3 players.

'astrobleme'

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
/ ˈ ɒ m b r eɪ / (literally "shaded" in French) is the gradual blending of one color hue to another, usually moving tints and shades from light to dark. It has become a popular feature for hair coloring, nail art, and even baking, in addition to its uses in home decorating and graphic design. Also, a 17th century fast moving, trick taking card game for 3 players.

'astrobleme'
as·tro·bleme ˈastrəˌblēm
noun
noun astrobleme plural noun astroblemes
  1. an eroded remnant of a large crater made by the impact of a meteorite or comet.

Snath :)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
as·tro·bleme ˈastrəˌblēm
noun
noun astrobleme plural noun astroblemes
  1. an eroded remnant of a large crater made by the impact of a meteorite or comet.

Snath :)
The snath is the long, wooden shaft the blade attaches to. It carries the handles the mower grips when using the scythe.

'
Cantillate'

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
The snath is the long, wooden shaft the blade attaches to. It carries the handles the mower grips when using the scythe.

'
Cantillate'
I'm going to guess a singer or a lover of songs?

Ah, Cant, not canta...

A religious chanting or intoning. Or to recite with musical tones.

Possible a gregorian chant?

Agoraphobia

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I'm going to guess a singer or a lover of songs?

Ah, Cant, not canta...

A religious chanting or intoning. Or to recite with musical tones.

Possible a gregorian chant?

Agoraphobia
ag·o·ra·pho·bi·a ˌaɡərəˈfōbēə
noun
noun agoraphobia
  1. extreme or irrational fear of entering open or crowded places, of leaving one's own home, or of being in places from which escape is difficult.

Telos - Goodnight all

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
ag·o·ra·pho·bi·a ˌaɡərəˈfōbēə
noun
noun agoraphobia
  1. extreme or irrational fear of entering open or crowded places, of leaving one's own home, or of being in places from which escape is difficult.

Telos - Goodnight all
Telos is another boss although I have no idea what it means...

I'll guess either "called" or something to do with power...

Ah,

Endgame/ultimate end.

Euphony

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Telos is another boss although I have no idea what it means...

I'll guess either "called" or something to do with power...

Ah,

Endgame/ultimate end.

Euphony
eu·pho·ny ˈyo͞ofənē
noun
noun euphony plural noun euphonies
  1. the quality of being pleasing to the ear, especially through a harmonious combination of words.
    • the tendency to make phonetic change for ease of pronunciation.

Vocoder :cool:

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
A vocoder (/ˈvoʊkoʊdər/, a portmanteau of voice and encoder) is a category of voice codec that analyzes and synthesizes the human voice signal for audio data compression, multiplexing, voice encryption, voice transformation, etc.

Puissant

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
A vocoder (/ˈvoʊkoʊdər/, a portmanteau of voice and encoder) is a category of voice codec that analyzes and synthesizes the human voice signal for audio data compression, multiplexing, voice encryption, voice transformation, etc.

Puissant
pu·is·sant ˈpwēsnt ˈpyo͞oəsnt ˈpwisnt
adjective
adjective puissant
  1. having great power or influence.

Burgee :cool:

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
pu·is·sant ˈpwēsnt ˈpyo͞oəsnt ˈpwisnt
adjective
adjective puissant
  1. having great power or influence.

Burgee :cool:
  • n. Nautical, a swallow-tailed flag or pendant: in the merchant service it generally has the ship's name upon it.
  • A small distinguishing flag displayed by a yacht.
  • n. A kind of small coal used for burning in engine-furnaces.

• 'Cryptozoology'

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
cryp·to·zo·ol·o·gy ˌkriptəzōˈäləjē -zo͞o-
noun
noun cryptozoology
  1. the search for and study of animals whose existence or survival is disputed or unsubstantiated, such as the Loch Ness monster and the yeti (or bigfoot).
Peccadillo :oops:

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
cryp·to·zo·ol·o·gy ˌkriptəzōˈäləjē -zo͞o-
noun
noun cryptozoology
  1. the search for and study of animals whose existence or survival is disputed or unsubstantiated, such as the Loch Ness monster and the yeti (or bigfoot).
Peccadillo :oops:
A minor fault or sin

'Deterge'