Did Adam and Eve eat an apple?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
who calls angels sons of God if God didn't ever say, "You are My son..." to none of them?
Is this merely assumed because God created them? Because if we follow this logic, then stars are His son, as well as birds, trees, etc..

Hebrew 1:7 God specifies what angels actually are:

"Now about the angels He says:

“He makes His angels winds,

His servants flames of fire.”

and Psalm 104:4 verifies:

"He makes the winds His messengers,

flames of fire His servants."

They are His servants.

And if we continue to the conclusion in Hebrews 1:14, the (rhetorical) question is asked:

"Are not the angels (literally Are they not all) ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation"

Nov 17, 2017
Hi again hope your day is blessed!
who calls angels sons of God if God didn't ever say, "You are My son..." to none of them?
Be mindful not to take things out of context....
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
---

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The father only has One begotten Son...... Yeshua Hamashia. and by Him we are NOW sons of God....

1John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

The sons of God, in the OT, according to scripture , are an angelic host.
God Bless!

John146

Jan 13, 2016
That sounds like a catch-22. Adam did not sin until he ate of the fruit, but he also was not corrupted until he ate of the fruit. How could he sin before he sinned, or be corrupted before he was corrupted?
He sinned by eating the fruit and by eating the fruit, it corrupted his body and he would die. He passed down that corruptness to everyone. At the resurrection of the body of Christ, we will put off this corruptible body and put on an incorruptible, immortal body.

1 Corinthians 15
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Eve wasn't lying when she answered, "the serpent beguiled me," as scripture confirms she was deceived, and Adam wasn't. He wanted to eat from the tree, and used her for an excuse when he was called out on it, i.e. he chose the lie and continued with it.
Adam was also telling the truth. He wasn’t using Eve as an excuse. He plainly states…

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

That is a true statement.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I think this is a really important verse.

Seth, who of course is in Jesus’s lineage, and every other human ever born, is born in the likeness of FALLEN Adam. In a spiritual sense.

No one is a child of God until they are born again.
And will one day have the image of Jesus a Christ, physically, at the resurrection, an immortal, incorruptible body.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
How is this reconciled to Hebrews 1:5
For to which of the angels did God ever say:

“You are My Son;

today I have become Your Father”

and I John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
All the angels are sons of God, but only Jesus is the only begotten of the Father.

Nov 17, 2017
Is this merely assumed because God created them? Because if we follow this logic, then stars are His son, as well as birds, trees, etc..
.......Job is said to be the oldest book of the cannon.

Lets use said "logic"
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

No (hu)man has been in heaven, save One that is our Lord and Saviour Yeshua Hamashia, period.

Yahweh Elohim's seat is in Heaven.

Ps 11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

Look:
Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

And if we continue to the conclusion in Hebrews 1:14, the (rhetorical) question is asked:

"Are not the angels (literally Are they not all) ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation"
No, not all.
Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

God bless!

Nov 17, 2017
Good Morning!
That sounds like a catch-22. Adam did not sin until he ate of the fruit, but he also was not corrupted until he ate of the fruit. How could he sin before he sinned, or be corrupted before he was corrupted?
1Chr 28:9 And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

God Bless!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I think it’s because an outside corrupting influence put the idea in his head.

The tougher question is where did the iniquity in Satan’s heart come from.

Aug 2, 2021
That is speculation, as there is absolutely nothing in the text to support that conclusion.
Listen up, and i will give you the 'inside slice'

Eve brought the apple to Adam and when he looked at it he noticed a bite taken out and half a worm inside.
Upon the sight of this ill gotten advertisement, Adam tells Eve chuck that thing and let's go for a walk.
Eve, now possessed by Serpent Slime, tells Adam to wait for her as she goes into the organic stone hearth kitchen and quickly bakes an apple pie = using the very same apple she took a bite from(remaining half worm included).
Eve returns to Adam with a fresh baked apple pie with whipped cream on top(whipped cocunut milk) and a cherry on top of that.
Eve calls her Baked Goods = American Freedom Pie(also known as Devil's Cake) but we also know that Devil's Cake changed over the years to what it is today.
Back to the Story = Adam looks at the Pie, with Eve smiling(she has no clothes on and for some strange reason Adam is unsettled by this but she looks Good).
Well Adam downs the SLICE and OH Boy what SPICE was in that ENTICE.
Now Adam knows that the Goods he was Sold had been better off given to Mice.

Off they go, Naked and Afraid(TV had it's Beginning) hiding in the Jungle because of their Huge BUNGLE.

The WORD comes walking looking for the Newlyweds and found them hiding with Fig Leaves covering their heads.

The WORD said: this will not due for the TROUBLE of you TWO and that Serpent now was given a Twisted Spine making him crawl on the ground licking the dust for his FINE.

The WORD said to the Leaves that covered their hide = this is absurd it will not do for the TROUBLE of you TWO.
Their in front of them HE shed the Blood of Lamb's Skin that Adam and Eve may be Covered for their Sin.

Aug 2, 2021
I think it’s because an outside corrupting influence put the idea in his head.

The tougher question is where did the iniquity in Satan’s heart come from.
Wal-Mart (made in China = always cheap junk and never compares to Made in YHWH)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Eve wasn't lying when she answered, "the serpent beguiled me," as scripture confirms she was deceived, and Adam wasn't. He wanted to eat from the tree, and used her for an excuse when he was called out on it, i.e. he chose the lie and continued with it.
What is interesting to me is that Eve ate not just to gain knowledge,
but because she did not want to die, which is the lie Satan told:

New International Version
“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

New Living Translation
“You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman.

English Standard Version
But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die."

Berean Study Bible
“You will not surely die,” the serpent told her.

King James Bible
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

New King James Version
Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die."

New American Standard Bible
The serpent said to the woman, “You certainly will not die!"

NASB 1995
The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die!"

NASB 1977
And the serpent said to the woman, “You surely shall not die!"

The Tree of Life was right there. Had they eaten of it instead, they would have lived forever.

Hebrews 2:15 identifies fear of death as the fundamental cause of bondage to sin.

Still, both Adam and Eve were of the natural world. And Christ was already slain.

Nov 17, 2017
Adam was also telling the truth. He wasn’t using Eve as an excuse. He plainly states…

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

That is a true statement.
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
"LORD I WAS IN ERROR" I DISOBEYED YOUR HOLY COMMANDMENT. I messed up"
"unmerited favor (GRACE) and holding back what I deserve (MERCY) is what boldy seek from You and You Alone......"

It was an excuse.

Newsflash:
ADAM WAS GIVEN ALLL AUTHORITY OVER EVERYTHING IN THE GARDEN.......INCLUDING "THE SERPENT"..

God Bless!

Feb 24, 2022
That is speculation, as there is absolutely nothing in the text to support that conclusion.
No it's not. "You have heeded the voice of your wife", Gen 3:17. Same thing happened to Samson in Judges 16:16-17 as I pointed out. Delilah pressed Samson daily, and he surrendered to her and told her the secret of his strength. Also, Jesus specifically said that those who love their father and mother more than Him are not worthy of being His disciple, and He'll put enmity between family members, you know why? Because there's gonna be pushback from your family. Satan is gonna use them against you. Think about the attitude toward the damn clot shot, how that had divided families.

Aug 2, 2021
What is interesting to me is that Eve ate not just to gain knowledge,
but because she did not want to die, which is the lie Satan told:

New International Version
“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

New Living Translation
“You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman.

English Standard Version
But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die."

Berean Study Bible
“You will not surely die,” the serpent told her.

King James Bible
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

New King James Version
Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die."

New American Standard Bible
The serpent said to the woman, “You certainly will not die!"

NASB 1995
The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die!"

NASB 1977
And the serpent said to the woman, “You surely shall not die!"

The Tree of Life was right there. Had they eaten of it instead, they would have lived forever.

Hebrews 2:15 identifies fear of death as the fundamental cause of bondage to sin.

Still, both Adam and Eve were of the natural world. And Christ was already slain.
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
"unmerited favor (GRACE) and holding back what I deserve (MERCY) is what boldy seek from You and You Alone......"

It was an excuse.

Newsflash:
ADAM WAS GIVEN ALLL AUTHORITY OVER EVERYTHING IN THE GARDEN.......INCLUDING "THE SERPENT"..

God Bless!
Concerning your last statement.
This is why the Serpent went to the woman instead of the man.

"For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression."

"And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written:
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.

I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement."

What satan started in the Garden he perfected throughout time to seduce the world for the End Time.

Serpent is now a DRAGON and the woman now is a QUEEN.

John146

Jan 13, 2016

It was an excuse.

Newsflash:

God Bless!
I see it as a statement of fact. The woman gave it to me and I ate. That's what went down.

The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Btw, there's a whole lot more going on than meets the eye. Adam ate the fruit knowing what he was doing. Eve was deceived as she stated.

Nov 17, 2017
Concerning your last statement.
This is why the Serpent went to the woman instead of the man.

"For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression."

"And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written:
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.

I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement."

What satan started in the Garden he perfected throughout time to seduce the world for the End Time.

Serpent is now a DRAGON and the woman now is a QUEEN.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

-----
1Cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Cor 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Cor 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Cor 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Cor 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Amen, be blessed..

Aug 2, 2021
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

-----
1Cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Cor 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Cor 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Cor 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Cor 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Amen, be blessed..
1Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
1 John 3:1-3

PERFECTION in 3 verses = go figure...........