Did Adam and Eve eat an apple?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
HI!

? So what was Cain?

Agree with all of this.^^^

Gen 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Cain "the manchild" , Abel, Seth (a son in his own likeness, after his image) and all others was born after the fall,,,
I dont see your point?

God Bless!
I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Have we overlooked the not so obvious = "She Blinded me with Science"

It's poetry in motion
She turned her tender eyes to me
As deep as any ocean
As sweet as any harmony
But she blinded me with science
(She blinded me with science!)
Failed me in geometry, hey-ey, huh, huh
by Thomas Dolby
The first Adam is a type of the second Adam, Jesus Christ. Adam chose to eat the fruit to be with his bride. Christ did not sin but became sin for us. Adam forfeited all he had to be with his bride. Jesus humbled himself and gave up what he had out of his love for us. But what the first Adam could not do, the second Adam accomplished.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
He reasoned that he ate because she gave it to him, an excuse for disobeying even though he knew first hand God said not to eat of it. period. A true statement isn't necessarily always a valid statement.
See post 243.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
While angels may be spirits, they are neither sons nor fathers, and so are not 'made in God's image.'
Scripture calls them sons of God. A son of God is any creation that was sinless in its creation.

Aug 2, 2021
I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you are asking.
Allow me to assist here, if you may:

Cain was a big pain
he did not offer righteous Blood
instead of love Cain brought grain
God not wanting something to eat
accepted Abel's sacrifice at His Feet
for grain was the work and toil of men's hands
that toil from the soil could not bring about God's Plan
So Cain grew ill for he swallowed a sour pill
once inside him it began to burn his will
knocking constantly at his door
the door swung open only to poison
and Cain slew Abel and rejected God's Plan
now Cain was stuck with a Warning Label
a dire notice to every man
righteous blood on the ground came from Abel

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Scripture calls them sons of God. A son of God is any creation that was sinless in its creation.
Is that a Biblical definition? :unsure:

Adam was created sinless...

Aug 2, 2021
The first Adam is a type of the second Adam, Jesus Christ. Adam chose to eat the fruit to be with his bride. Christ did not sin but became sin for us. Adam forfeited all he had to be with his bride. Jesus humbled himself and gave up what he had out of his love for us. But what the first Adam could not do, the second Adam accomplished.
You have blessed my heart today for you SEE = Rejoice that Spirit has given you Eyes

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
If Adam was not deceived, then he knew the consequences for such an act. DEATH!

Knowing what would happen to him gives credence to the idea that he was a "type" of Christ in the sense that he could not bear living without Eve.

Of course once he fell, all that nobility went out the window, and he ended up blaming Eve.

Not definitive, but a possibility.
Christ brought us life, He is unselfish, since He had nothing to gain, personally, from dying. Adam brought death, yet he is awarded some sort of nobility toward his motive. I just don't get it.

Nov 17, 2017
Christ brought us life, He is unselfish, since He had nothing to gain, personally, from dying.
?
Christ's reward is his Bride, the Church,
which will believers of the report of Him that is True all kindreds all nations of people.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Christ brought us life, He is unselfish, since He had nothing to gain, personally, from dying. Adam
brought death, yet he is awarded some sort of nobility toward his motive. I just don't get it.
We are told Jesus went to/endured the cross "for the joy set before Him." :D

Hebrews 12:1-3
:)

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Is that a Biblical definition? :unsure:

Adam was created sinless...
Adam was created sinless. Angels were created sinless. The Word moved into a body prepared by God and became the only begotten of the Father, those who believe on Jesus become new sinless creatures in Christ. All the above are sons of God...sinless.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You have blessed my heart today for you SEE = Rejoice that Spirit has given you Eyes
Something about Adam's transgression made him a type of Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Adam was created sinless. Angels were created sinless. The Word moved into a body prepared by God and became the only begotten of the Father, those who believe on Jesus become new sinless creatures in Christ. All the above are sons of God...sinless.
Yes, Adam was created sinless. That was not the question, though.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Christ brought us life, He is unselfish, since He had nothing to gain, personally, from dying. Adam brought death, yet he is awarded some sort of nobility toward his motive. I just don't get it.

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Aug 2, 2021

Yes, Brother - it's called love = HalleluYAH = Eve was Born from within Adam = the TWO shall become ONE
Not the Transgression but definitely the Love
Just as Christ, in His Love, was willing to become Sin for us............

Aug 2, 2021
We are told Jesus went to/endured the cross "for the joy set before Him." :D

Hebrews 12:1-3
:)
The JOY set before HIM was us = His Bride His Body = the TWO shall become ONE
Eve was born from within Adam, Adam's bone, "bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh"