Did Jesus and Paul teach differnt gospels?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
That has nothing to do wit the Jerusalem council, is there a linkning verse in acts where the disciple say it? Pauls word had been proven to contradict.

Acts 15:6-7, “So the apostles and the elders met to consider this statement. After a lengthy debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God chose me to be the one among you through whom the Gentiles would hear the message of the gospel and believe."

1Timothy 2:7, "For this reason I was appointed to be an announcer, an apostle, and a faithful and true teacher of the gentiles. I am telling you the truth. I am not lying."

Galatians 2:7-9, " 7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised 8 (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles), 9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.
There is no contradiction. Cornelius was a one off event for peter and he went there “under protest”. It was not to be repeated after that, according to scripture

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
There is no contradiction. Cornelius was a one off event for peter and he went there “under protest”. It was not to be repeated after that, according to scripture
Except Paul said Paeter and the 12 were sent to Jews, when Jesus sent them to Gentiles:

Acts 1:6-8, " 6 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Galatians 2:7-9, " 7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised 8 (for he who worked through Peter for his apostolic ministry to the circumcised worked also through me for mine to the Gentiles), 9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

but remember: Paul says "I am telling you the truth. I am not lying"

1Timothy 2:7, "For this reason I was appointed to be an announcer, an apostle, and a faithful and true teacher of the gentiles. I am telling you the truth. I am not lying."

Jan 12, 2019
Except Paul said Paeter and the 12 were sent to Jews, when Jesus sent them to Gentiles:

Acts 1:6-8, " 6 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

but remember: Paul says "I am telling you the truth. I am not lying"

According to the gospel of the kingdom, The Jewish nation must accept their messiah first, before the gentiles can be reached

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
According to the gospel of the kingdom, The Jewish nation must accept their messiah first, before the gentiles can be reached
Nice way to deflect from Paul's contradiction of Jesus. So all of them must accpet Jesus before a gentile can know Jesus? Or it must bepreached in Israel first then to the world?

Look at what Jeses tells the chosen disciples;

Acts 1:6-8, " 6 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

Witnesses, not everyone must accept.

Jan 12, 2019
Nice way to deflect from Paul's contradiction of Jesus. So all of them must accpet Jesus before a gentile can know Jesus? Or it must bepreached in Israel first then to the world?

Acts 1:6-8, " 6 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

I am not deflecting. You just don’t want to agree and that is fine

I have already quoted to you the prophecies about this from Zechariah, Micah and Isaiah in a previous thread.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
I am not deflecting. You just don’t want to agree and that is fine

I have already quoted to you the prophecies about this from Zechariah, Micah and Isaiah in a previous thread.
Gentiles that kept the Passover were as a native bron since Exodus:

Exodus 12:48-49, " 48 If a stranger shall sojourn with you and would keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised. Then he may come near and keep it; he shall be as a native of the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it. 49 There shall be one law for the native and for the stranger who sojourns among you.”

Isaiah 56:7, “Them I shall bring to My set-apart mountain, and let them rejoice in My house of prayer. Their ascending offerings and their sacrifices are accepted on My altar, for My house is called a house of prayer for all the peoples.”

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019

Matthew 10:14-15, “And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town.”

Jan 12, 2019
Gentiles that kept the Passover were as a native bron since Exodus:

Exodus 12:48-49, " 48 If a stranger shall sojourn with you and would keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised. Then he may come near and keep it; he shall be as a native of the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it. 49 There shall be one law for the native and for the stranger who sojourns among you.”

Isaiah 56:7, “Them I shall bring to My set-apart mountain, and let them rejoice in My house of prayer. Their ascending offerings and their sacrifices are accepted on My altar, for My house is called a house of prayer for all the peoples.”
True, but you are not disagreeing with my point if you were to use this.

Jesus had no preaching ministry to the Gentiles during the 4 Gospels. He explicitly told the 12 not to preach anything to them. Peter only went to Cornelius in Acts "under protest".

All these point towards the divine timetable under the gospel of the kingdom.

Anyway we had this long debate previously already so again let us agree to disagree

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Jesus had no preaching ministry to the Gentiles during the 4 Gospels. He explicitly told the 12 not to preach anything to them.
John 4.
Jesus explicitly tells a Samaritan woman He is the Messiah. she tells the whole town. Christ stays in Samaria teaching Samaritans for 2 days.

elsewhere in the gospels Jesus tells His disciples, those He heals, and even demons not to reveal to anyone that He is the Messiah.
((Mark 1:43-44, 7:36, Matthew 9:30, 16:20, Luke 4:41, etc))

Jesus instructs His disciples not to preach in Samaria ((Matthew 10:5)) equivocating them with Gentiles. in John 4:9 the apostle states as fact that Samaritans are not Jews. in John 4:21-22 Jesus Himself explicitly makes a distinction between Samaritans and Jews.

yet to these non-Jews, He reveals Himself, and preaches the gospel, saying, the day is now come that the Father's true worshippers worship Him in spirit, not on 'this mountain or some other' -- i.e. not at the temple or at the high places of Samaria.

this is wholly contrary to the hyper-dispensationalist narrative that (1) Christ's ministry was singularly purposed to convince the Jews to accept Him Messiah in order to assume an earthly throne as their king and (2) that He never preached to non-Jews and (3) that the good news He preached was continued full submission to Moses, which includes worship only being accepted at the temple in Jerusalem ((re: Deuteronomy 12, e.g.))

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Jesus had no preaching ministry to the Gentiles during the 4 Gospels. He explicitly told the 12 not to preach anything to them. Peter only went to Cornelius in Acts "under protest".
(1) that Jesus had no ministry among non-Jews is patently false. John 4.
(2) Phillip was instructed by an angel to go where he would meet and convert an Ethiopian, and then carried off by the Spirit. Acts 8.
Phillip does not complain. Phillip preaches the life, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ to him from Isaiah.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
(1) that Jesus had no ministry among non-Jews is patently false. John 4.
(2) Phillip was instructed by an angel to go where he would meet and convert an Ethiopian, and then carried off by the Spirit. Acts 8.
Phillip does not complain. Phillip preaches the life, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ to him from Isaiah.
There is no record of Jesus ever leaving Israel or at least the area that was Israel, once He left Egypt.

Obviously Jesus' Sacrificial death and subsequent resurrection was for all people, but it's hard to argue that while on Earth He preached to Gentiles. Unless you consider Samaritans gentiles. Which although the Jews did, I don't think Jesus did. This is more in line to who Jesus preached to:
A Gentile Shows Her Faith
21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”

23 But He answered her not a word.

And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.”

24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".

25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”

26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”

27 And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”

28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Jan 12, 2019
There is no record of Jesus ever leaving Israel or at least the area that was Israel, once He left Egypt.

Obviously Jesus' Sacrificial death and subsequent resurrection was for all people, but it's hard to argue that while on Earth He preached to Gentiles. Unless you consider Samaritans gentiles. Which although the Jews did, I don't think Jesus did. This is more in line to who Jesus preached to:
A Gentile Shows Her Faith
21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”

23 But He answered her not a word.

And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.”

24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".

25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”

26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”

27 And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”

28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.
I would consider Samaritans as half Jewish. They were certainly despised by the Jews, one reason is because many of them intermarry with pagans, which was absolutely forbidden under the Law of Moses (Deut 7:3-4).

Jesus ministered healing to only 2 Gentiles during this time on Earth. The Centurion clearly had blessed the Jews by building a synagogue (Luke's account has the details), part of Abraham's covenant is that whoever blessed the Jews will be blessed, so Jesus healed his servant.

As for the Canaanite lady that you quoted, she was willing to humble herself and get her blessing thru the Jews too, "even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.” and Jesus similarly honored that same aspect of Abraham's covenant.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
My point is that it is more than a mental or verbal ascent/declaration. It is this:

John 15:5-16, “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, produces much fruit; but without Me, you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away like a branch, and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and letting My words; abide in you, you will ask what you will, and it will be done for you. In this is My Father glorified: when you produce much fruit; and in this way you become My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you; continue in My love. If you keep My Commands, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's Commands, and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be complete. This is My Command: Love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: that one would lay down his life on behalf of his brothers. You are My brothers, if you do whatever I command you.”

You can't tell me those who are "thrown away like a branch, and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned." are saved.

It is about abiding in Jesus. Period. And we do not abide in Him by simple words or thoughts.

John 15:5, “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me------."

1 John 2:6, "He who says he abides in Him, is himself also obligated to walk as He walked."

Now I donlt think 100% perefectly, but we must be conformed to His way, His example, His teaching, His LOVE.

If you wish to call me justified by works (I disagree with this but) I ask you FULLY explain that abide passabe to me from John 15
Of course believing is more than mere "mental assent." There are those who believe "mental assent" that the death, burial and resurrection of Christ "happened" (believe in their head) yet we must also trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation (believe in our heart).

The Greek word for "abide" is "meno" which means to remain, not depart, continue to be present. Abiding in Christ is not a special level of Christian experience that is only available to an elite few, but is the position of all genuine believers. 1 John 4:13 - By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

In regards to John 15, I like how Greek scholar AT Robertson points out that there are two kinds of connections with Christ as the vine (the merely cosmic which bears no fruit, the spiritual and vital which bears fruit). The fruitless (not bearing fruit, mh peron karpon) the vine-dresser "takes away" (airei) or prunes away. Probably (Bernard) Jesus here refers to Judas. - John 15:2 Commentary - Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament

In John 15, Jesus mentions branches that bear no fruit and branches that bear fruit (vs. 2) but Jesus says nothing about branches that bear fruit but then later stop bearing fruit. When Jesus spoke these words in John 15, how many people at that time, prior to Him being glorified, had received the Holy Spirit and were baptized by one Spirit into one body? - "the body of Christ?" (1 Corinthians 12:13) -- NONE.

John 7:38 - He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. So "in me" is part of the metaphor of the vine, (in the vine) and not in the body of Christ under the new covenant which was not yet fully established. Without that vital union with Christ, there can be no spiritual life or productivity. Those who profess to know Christ but whose relationship to Him is self-attached, Christ neither saved them, nor sustains them. Eventually, the dead self-attached fruitless branches (like Judas Iscariot) are cut off.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Ahh see this is where I take issue, so you are telling me Paul has a different gospel. If Paul taught things Jesus and the 12 did not that means Paul has a differrnt gospel.
Different gospel or a more distinctive element to the content of the gospel? - which is called "the mystery of the gospel" (see Ephesians 6:19 and compare with Colossians 1:26-27; 4:3). This new revelation is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise (Ephesians 3:6). Such equality, Jew and Gentile united together in one body was previously unknown. The distinctive message of the church is that Jew and Gentile alike may believe the gospel and be united together into ONE BODY (Ephesians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 12:13).

The word "gospel" simply means "good news." Jesus was preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel. John the Baptist preached the gospel of the kingdom, which was, "..Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 3:2). This shows that before the cross, the more distinct element to the content of the gospel that Paul taught and came to him through a revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12) was still a mystery.

Ephesians 3:1 - For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power. 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.

That was not part of the gospel which the twelve, John the Baptist, and Jesus Christ were preaching. Yet, they were still preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel.

Jesus Christ sent the twelve to preach only to Israel. Matthew 10:5 - These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ The disciples were specifically told to go only to the people of Israel, and they were not yet preaching anything about the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

In Matthew 16:15, Jesus Christ asked His disciples, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Now Peter had no clue that Jesus Christ would be crucified, buried and resurrected, yet he did believe that Jesus was the Messiah. This is obvious when, only moments later, Peter rebukes Jesus Christ for saying he will be killed, and be raised again the third day" (Matthew 16:21). In verse 22, "..Peter took him and began to rebuke him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

Before his death, Jesus told the twelve that he had to die and that he would rise on the third day. Looking back upon this passage we see this as Jesus speaking of an event that would change everything! However, it is unquestionable that the disciples were ignorant of its meaning.

“Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem...And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken. – Luke 18:31-34. hmm... that's strange if the gospel of grace that came through a revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul and was a mystery prior to that has the same content as the gospel of the kingdom. *This is where we need to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH.

After his crucifixion, instead of anxiously waiting his resurrection, the apostles were still ignorant, disheartened at the death of their redeemer, and did not even at first believe the testimony of his resurrection (Mark 16:14, Luke 24:19-24). It was not until after his resurrection that Jesus appeared to the apostles and opened their understanding (Luke 24:44-47).

God says to obey Jesus, Jesus says to obey Jesus, the 12 say to obey Jesus.
So even though ALL scripture is inspired by God (which includes the writings of the apostle Paul) you like the words of Jesus better and only honor what He said, yet reject the writings of the apostle Paul in the NT? :unsure: If that's the case, then "Houston we have a problem!" :eek:

Paul is the only one that says he is an apostle of Jesus, NOT a single person says it other than him. So when peopel tell me Paul had a differnt gospel, I know who my King is, it is Jesus.
In Acts 14:14, we read - But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard this, they tore their clothes and ran in among the multitude, crying out.. ;)

You filter Jesus words through the self appointed apostel Paul, whom NONE testify that he is an apostle other than himself, if you can show me a single time anyone else says he is an apostle i will repent of saying that.
Start repenting. You believe that Paul is not an apostle, so 2/3 of the NT that was written by Paul and is inspired by God, you reject?! o_O

This is the root of the issue, people say follow Paul.
But you say, reject Paul and the letters he wrote which are inspired by God. The gospel that Paul preached was not according to man, but came to him through a revelation of Jesus Christ. (Galatians 1:11-12) But you reject it. Who taught you this nonsense? Where do you attend church?

John 5:39-40, “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.”

John 5:43, “I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow.”
Rejecting the writings of the apostle Paul which are inspired by God is not what Jesus meant by coming to Him that you have have life. Jesus said those who believe in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26) Neither the apostle Peter or the apostle Paul contradicted Jesus. (Acts 10:43; 11:17,18; 13:39; 15:8,9; 16:31; 26:18 etc..).

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I think you are isolating "the fathers will" as to ognore EXACTLY what the "will" is.
There is a difference between doing God's will IN ORDER TO BECOME SAVED (John 6:40) and doing God's will BECAUSE WE ARE ALREADY SAVED (1 Thessalonians 5:14-18) Works-salvationists get this mixed up.

John 12:48, "He who rejects Me, and does not follow My words has One Who judges him. The word that I have spoken, the same will be used to judge him in the last day."
Seeking salvation by works and rejecting the writings of the apostle Paul (which are inspired by God) is not following Jesus.

Matthew 7:21-23, " 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Since they say "‘Lord, Lord," it is clear they believe they are His, and this shows since they BELIEVE they are His it is more than a belief that He is Lord to truly be His.
In regards to Matthew 7:21-23, (I will never forget, prior to my conversion several years ago while still attending the Roman Catholic church) I read Matthew 7:22 and thought to myself, oh my goodness! These many people accomplished all of that, "prophesied in His name, cast out demons, and did many wonderful works" but that still was not "good enough?" Then I thought to myself at that time, how am I going to "top that" and be "good enough?" Such is the mindset of someone who believes that obtaining salvation is based on works.

Matthew 7:21 - Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. *John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

These many people (unbelievers) in Matthew 7:22 had the wrong foundation. They were trusting in their works to save them and NOT IN CHRIST ALONE. Jesus NEVER knew them which means they were NEVER saved. Their hearts were not right with God, so their "attempted external obedience" (apart from the righteousness of God which is by faith and the blood of Christ - Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Philippians 3:9) was "stained with sin." *Seeking salvation by works is not the will of the Father.

John 17:3 - And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. The term "know" implies intimate, experiential knowledge, through a relationship with Him, not merely theoretical knowledge. These many people were not true converts. *Without faith it's impossible to please God no matter how many alleged wonderful works that these many people set out to conjure up through the flesh in a vain effort to obtain salvation based on works. This is why Jesus referred to these many people as "workers of iniquity." God does not see the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus (Romans 4:5-6; Philippians 3:9) in unbelievers, but He see's all of their sins which "remain" and have not been washed away by the blood of Christ. Unbelievers remain clothed in their own filthy rags of righteousness.

John 5:28-30, “Do not be astonished at this-for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice, and will come forth. Those who have practiced righteousness will be resurrected in order to live; and those who have practiced wickedness will be resurrected in order to be damned."
I already explained this to you in post #104. Again,
we must not confuse "descriptive" passages of scripture (John 5:28-29) with "prescriptive" passages of scripture (John 1:12; 3:15,16,18,36; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26) The good deeds of the redeemed (those who have done good) are not the basis or means by which they obtain salvation, but is the evidence of it. A person's conduct, whether good or evil, reveals the condition of his heart.

Doing good flows inescapably from a heart that is saved and doing evil flows equally inescapably from a heart that is unsaved, as we also see in Romans 2:6-10. *Notice that ALL who come forth unto the resurrection of life (believers - vs. 24) are described as those who have done good and ALL that come forth unto the resurrection of damnation (unbelievers) are described as those who have done evil.

What did Jesus say in John 3:18? - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already.. Are believers described as "those who have done good" or those who have done evil?" Are unbelievers described as those "who have done evil" or "those who have done good?"

Now maybe you can explain to me how "practiced" and "practiced" does nto actually mean that. I hope you don;t attempt this.
Do you not understand what it means to "practice" sin? The idea of practice is to perform repeatedly or habitually and thus describes repetition or continuous action with no goal or effort to stop. This describes the practice as habitual, as one's lifestyle or bent of life. Those who practice sin demonstrate that they have not been born of God.

Sep 7, 2019
Likewise NOPE

You’re going to find doctrinal things in Paul’s writings that you won’t find anywhere else in Scripture. But he doesn’t cancel what went before, it’s just an advance on it.
Jesus Christ is the Master, and Paul is merely a subordinate disciple. Any interpretation of Paul must fall in line with the Word of Christ. Any conflict between the two is the fault of the reader.

2 Peter 3:16
He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The apostle Peter confirms the validity of Paul's epistles. So much for Paul being a mere self appointed apostle.

2 Peter 3:14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Marcelo said: If you believe ALL has not yet been fulfilled then you have to keep all 613 ordinances. If you break just one, you'll be guilty of breaking ALL of them.
Yes, that is why I need God's mercy. Yet neither of these facts, guilt or mercy cancel out His law aka the law of liberty:
Again, I appreciate your honesty in confessing that you don't keep the whole Law -- you keep only those ordinations that you can keep. That means you are no different from us non-legalistic Christians. We, too, keep a big portion of the law of Moses; the only difference is that we don't call it "law of Moses" or, if you prefer, "law of God given to the Hebrews through Moses".

E

eternally-gratefull

Ahh see this is where I take issue, so you are telling me Paul has a different gospel. If Paul taught things Jesus and the 12 did not that means Paul has a differrnt gospel.

God says to obey Jesus, Jesus says to obey Jesus, the 12 say to obey Jesus.

Paul is the only one that says he is an apostle of Jesus, NOT a single person says it other than him. So when peopel tell me Paul had a differnt gospel, I know who my King is, it is Jesus.

This is the root of the issue, people say follow Paul.

John 5:39-40, “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.”

John 5:43, “I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow.”
Paul did not teach a different gospel, he taught the same gospel all taught,

you have to look at context to see why paul said things, and why others said what they say

they ALL say the same thing,

and you think paul is not an apostle? we have serious issues then the word is corrupt.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
James 1:22-25, “And become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. Because if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror, for he looks at himself, and goes away, and immediately forgets what he was like. But he that looked into the perfect Law of liberty, and continues in it, not becoming a hearer that forgets, but a doer of work, this one shall be blessed in his doing.”
Most sincere Christians do everything that is required of them.

There is not one Law zealot in the whole world who does everything that is required of those who claim the law of Moses still applies.