Did Jesus Die on The Cross for The Just/Elect/Saved Whose Names Are Written in The Book of Life OR

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
If you try to teach someone shouldn't know the origin and true meaning of the words you are discussing?
There are many ways to know. Unless one is learning through the Holy Spirit, it doesn’t matter how many languages one is fluent in. There is a distinction between knowledge and wisdom.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
So? That doesn't mean the Holy Spirit has opened your eyes, which I don't think that He has.
You don't even know that Jesus said He was dying for the Universe and John confirms it. Who are you to judge when you don't know the most obvious thing to know?

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
There are many ways to know. Unless one is learning through the Holy Spirit, it doesn’t matter how many languages one is fluent in. There is a distinction between knowledge and wisdom.
Without the Holy Spirit you won't know the Biblical Greek either.
The Writers wrote the Greek inspired by God.
So it requires the Holy Spirit to know it.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Translators are not correct when the typical Greek word has 2 or more words/vice versa for every English word. That's the same as using Scholars. But at least a Scholar KNOWS THE CORRECT GREEK WORD!

Kosmos
κοσμου
of world-universe

^
1 Greek word 2 English meanings and why they insert UNIVERSE to make the meaning clear.
You provided the word kosmos in your post. My reply to it included that word in multiple verses which
showed that the world to come and this world are different worlds.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
So, you think man's reasoning supersedes the Holy Spirit's abilities? What about babies in the womb - they
can't be saved because they don't know Greek? Or infirmed or mentally deficient people either? Wow! Okay, I'm done:

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
You provided the word kosmos in your post. My reply to it included that word in multiple verses which
showed that the world to come and this world are different worlds.
If you research, when it comes to new world it mentions End of Age.
Jesus and John did not mention End of Age.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
If you research, when it comes to new world it mentions End of Age.
Jesus and John did not mention End of Age.
You're grasping at straws now. I don't have the time nor desire to indulge you further. Bye.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Septuagint is hellenistic:
It is obvious that the Septuagint must be considered Hellenistic since it was not translated before the Hellenistic period.

Paul used Koine Greek:
The books of the Christian New Testament are widely agreed to have originally been written in Greek, specifically Koine Greek

This discussion in this thread is about the New Testament.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
I will just make this one last point so that you know: spiritual knowledge doesn't bring salvation, instead, salvation brings spiritual knowledge.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I will just make this one last point so that you know: spiritual knowledge doesn't bring salvation, instead, salvation brings spiritual knowledge.
Spiritual knowledge only happens after YOU ARE SAVED!

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Good luck Sipsey, you've got your work cut-out for you if you choose to continue dialoguing with FollowerofShiloh.
I bet he knows a little bit of Greek unlike you do. You just say what your doctrine claims. Be nice to talk to a human instead of a clone for once.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
I bet he knows a little bit of Greek unlike you do. You just say what your doctrine claims. Be nice to talk to a human instead of a clone for once.
If you've depended upon your schooling in Greek to help you gain an understanding the Bible, you should call your school and ask if it is too late to get a refund - you never know - show them your posts, they may just give you one.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
If you've depended upon your schooling in Greek to help you gain an understanding the Bible, you should call your school and ask if it is too late to get a refund - you never know - show them your posts, they may just give you one.
Jesus said He died for the Universe and John said same thing.
You say only the saved.
Had you known the Greek it would be impossible to make the errors you do.

Jesus said those who reject Him will be judged on the last day.
You say that's impossible because they cannot reject God because they are sinners.

You do not even go by the literal words of Jesus.
I am not worried what you think at all.
I'm more concerned for when you stand before God in your arrogance.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I don't want you ever to tell me about rudeness LOL.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I don't want you ever to tell me about rudeness LOL.
Do you think Jesus died for the sins of the Universe like the Greek claims?

Do you think this verse is about sinners rejecting God?
48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day

CS1

May 23, 2012
Do you think Jesus died for the Universe like the Greek claims?
in context to John 3:16, the word World means Cosmo in Greek. Now Jesus was slain from the Foundation of the World Meaning.

God plans to save man and those in the world whom he created. Before man fell. God knew what he was going to do to save man and HE moved heaven and earth to do it.