Did Jesus ever give any commandments?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
Were the Jews require to obey?
When could they stop obeying this commandment; did they stop?

What do you think about this passage.

Matthew 10:5-6 (NKJV) 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Did Jesus ever recant this Commandment.

Jan 17, 2020

Matthew 10:5-6 (NKJV) 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

“This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.” John 15:12 (KJV 1900)

the lost sheep are sheep Jesus said he gave his life for (Jn. 10). So they were born again saved Jews needing to be converted to the New Covenant. This got the Church ready for the gentiles who would believe. Many born again Jews converted to the New Covenant at Pentecost and received the gift of the Spirit. As did the gentiles at Cornelius' house about 7 years later.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017

Yes, Matt 28, Acts 10 via Peter & later He sends Paul. However, not until after His sin atoning work & resurrection

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Joh_10:16 (ASV) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd.

Jun 10, 2019

Required to do what I assume they went to the house of Israel on that time, sometimes sent to find a donkey not sure I’m following

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
Required to do what I assume they went to the house of Israel on that time, sometimes sent to find a donkey not sure I’m following
The point is, God wanted to Keep His Chosen people separated from the other unbelieving Nations. they could not intermarry with gentiles. They were bound by the Law, they, Jews were obligated to follow the Law.

Jesus was a Jew, He was obligated Just as all other Jews were.

I am saying according to Matthew 10: 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

This commandment continues was not done away with after resurrection. I have scriptural proof.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 10:15-16
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
Did the Jews in Acts 2 follow the Gospel taught by Paul?

Did the Jews in Acts 2 believed we are saved by grace or did they follow the Law?

Is this hard to understand. Please ask any question you like.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
We must not confuse what a Jew truly is with those who are of the newly formed Denominational umbrella called Judaism, for this is not the Way of the OT nor of Jesus, Yeshua.

In order to undersstand this one should attempt to put himelf back at the time our Lord came to save all who believe Him.

rhern

Jan 29, 2020

Jesus was bound by the Law and like all other faithful Jews, He had to abide by them.

Jesus came to finish the work of the Fathers from the Old Testament before He could start with the gentiles after resurrection.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus, Yesua, nullified most of the law simply by hIS ADVENT. tHEN hE FURTHER nullifiedd many by His explanations and teaching. Hearing Him we know the laws are not applied if they do not contain justice, mercy and faith. Applying these chief principles we know which laws remain to make up and constitute comprising the laws of Love, that is doing them….

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Jesus, Yesua, nullified most of the law simply by hIS ADVENT. tHEN hE FURTHER nullifiedd many by His explanations and teaching. Hearing Him we know the laws are not applied if they do not contain justice, mercy and faith. Applying these chief principles we know which laws remain to make up and constitute comprising the laws of Love, that is doing them….
Amen. "Love one another.". (Be kind to one another.)

Nov 16, 2019
Did the Jews in Acts 2 follow the Gospel taught by Paul?

Did the Jews in Acts 2 believed we are saved by grace or did they follow the Law?
We see the Jews were saved by the exact same gospel as the gentiles were:

18When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life.” - Acts 11:18

"Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.” - Acts 15:7-11

Nov 16, 2019
I think this was just a matter of order of privilege, not a matter of the preaching of two different gospels in a discriminatory way.

"16For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile." - Romans 1:16

Same gospel for everyone who believes. A gospel sent to the Jew first, then to the gentile.
IMO, it's God's order of privilege. And perhaps that the plan was all along that the Jews would take the good news to the world.

"you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” - Acts 1:8

Order:
1) The Disciples
2) Jerusalem
3) Samaria
4) The gentile nations

Nov 16, 2019
Hmm, stumbled onto this online:

"46Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles." - Acts 13:46

Perhaps Paul is alluding to the necessity for the Jews to reject the gospel and then be provoked to envy by the nations:

“I will make you envious by those who are not a nation;
I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding.” - Romans 10:19

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
Hmm, stumbled onto this online:

"46Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles." - Acts 13:46

Perhaps Paul is alluding to the necessity for the Jews to reject the gospel and then be provoked to envy by the nations:

“I will make you envious by those who are not a nation;
I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding.” - Romans 10:19

Presently, God is dealing with one Group at a time. He will deal with Gentiles until the fullness. Meanwhile Most Jews are unable to see Jesus as the Savior.

Romans 11:25 New King James Version
For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own [a]opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Luke 21:24 New King James Version

24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.