As I am reading through the Word in Hebrew, I keep in mind the thin line between the scholastic and the popular opinion. I consider what I contribute as pertaining to Hebrew and the Word is scholastic, but popular opinion is unavoidable. It has never come to my attention that Yeshua, ישוע, was a very common name at the time of our Lord's first coming (advent.) Reason coupled with the custom of naming children for people within the family tends to be against this vein of thinking, but it does not exclude the possiblity.
I confess, my reason is always tempered by faith in Yeshua, Jesus. I see much revisionism in scholastic works "about" the Tanakh and HaBrit HaHadasha, thus I cannot escape believing if I see reason in historical declarations which support faith and the Word, then I will always go with that reason. I believe everyone does this to some degree.