Did Jesus Have The Human Sinful Nature?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 6, 2018
Jesus was God in human form..was sinless since God is not sinful..you cant say God was sinless but Jesus was sinful..theyre one in the same...sin seperates us from God..hence death..there was no death by animal or man until sin came in the picture..babies dont sin cause they dont know acts of disobediance but they were birn with a sinful nature..they arent sent to hell because they arent judged or accountable for things they dont know because theyre babies..but once they have an understanding of God and the differnce of right and wrong and know tgey need Jesus as thier Lord and savior..they WILL be held accountable..not saying that people accept jesus the minute they know bout Him..many know from chikd on but continually reject Him :( dont know if youre a parent..but would you duscipline your child for something they didnt even know what was wrong? Now if you told your child..not to run in the road..its wrong..n the next day they ran in the road knowing it was wrong..they should be dusciplined for disobeduace...am i making sense?
That is right, and Jesus was not sinful just as babies because He never sinned.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
I believe that Jesus' nature was just like Adam's was before Adam sinned. Adam did not have a sin nature before he sinned. He had the possibility of sinning, the capacity TO sin, and chose to sin, disobeying God and condemning himself and all his progeny (everyone) to death. Jesus had the possibility of sinning, the capacity TO sin, but he chose to always obey his Father. Jesus did not want to die. In the garden of Gethsemane, he prayed that if there was any other way, to let the cup (his torture and death) pass from him. But he set aside his will not to die and obeyed his Father. He truly was tempted to sin in every way, like we are, but chose not to. If it was impossible for Christ to sin, then he wasn't truly tempted.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Then you think all of those millions and millions of aborted babies are in hell. Show me a scripture to support that.
I believe that everyone who has died is currently in the grave (except Jesus, of course). But that's another topic... :)

Can you provide a scripture that says babies are automatically saved?

Jan 6, 2018
I believe that Jesus' nature was just like Adam's was before Adam sinned. Adam did not have a sin nature before he sinned. He had the possibility of sinning, the capacity TO sin, and chose to sin, disobeying God and condemning himself and all his progeny (everyone) to death. Jesus had the possibility of sinning, the capacity TO sin, but he chose to always obey his Father. Jesus did not want to die. In the garden of Gethsemane, he prayed that if there was any other way, to let the cup (his torture and death) pass from him. But he set aside his will not to die and obeyed his Father. He truly was tempted to sin in every way, like we are, but chose not to. If it was impossible for Christ not to sin, then he wasn't truly tempted.
But for that to be true Jesus would have had to be created new from the dust of the ground like Adam. Instead He was descended from a human. Therefore He had to have been tainted by Adams sin in His body.

Jan 6, 2018
I believe that everyone who has died is currently in the grave (except Jesus, of course). But that's another topic... :)

Can you provide a scripture that says babies are automatically saved?
Sure, as soon as you show me a Scripture which says babies are damned.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
...He truly was tempted to sin in every way, like we are, but chose not to. If it was impossible for Christ not to sin, then he wasn't truly tempted.
I suspect you meant, "If it was impossible for Christ to sin...". If so, I wholeheartedly agree and have argued exactly that in the past.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
But for that to be true Jesus would have had to be created new from the dust of the ground like Adam. Instead He was descended from a human. Therefore He had to have been tainted by Adams sin in His body.
God is his Father, not Joseph (hence not Adam..)

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
I suspect you meant, "If it was impossible for Christ to sin...". If so, I wholeheartedly agree and have argued exactly that in the past.
Yeah, I caught my mistake, and edited it... Thanks!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
That's why He was born of a virgin; He had no earthly father, so that the sin nature of Adam was not passed along to Him. We don't have a scientific explanation of it in Scripture, but by what we are given, that is what we can reasonably conclude.

Jan 6, 2018
Babies..sinful nature..human..Jesus..sinless nature spirit in human body
Babies..sinful nature..human..Jesus..sinless nature spirit in human body
But the fact He was born from a human means His human nature was tainted. Other evidence is that Jesus worked for food and died physically is proof He was under the curse of Adam.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Sure, as soon as you show me a Scripture which says babies are damned.
What does this mean to you?

1 Cor 7:
14) For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Can you provide a scripture that suggests babies are automatically saved?

(can't respond for awhile, stuff to do..)

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
But the fact He was born from a human means His human nature was tainted. Other evidence is that Jesus worked for food and died physically is proof He was under the curse of Adam.
He was murdered.

...just sayin'

Sep 4, 2012
Explain to us how Adam's sin taints a human body.

Jan 6, 2018
That's why He was born of a virgin; He had no earthly father, so that the sin nature of Adam was not passed along to Him. We don't have a scientific explanation of it in Scripture, but by what we are given, that is what we can reasonably conclude.
But you are assuming that not reasonably concluding that from Scripure.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
As per usual, you're out on a limb theologically speaking. Have you considered Biblical study, under a solid teacher, and less time trying to teach others? I offer this advice in concern as your much typing equates to much error.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Conception created by God..used Marys body and womb..no seed of Adam since there was no human "sperm" involved..you cant compare jesus to ordinary man with exception that his physical body was flesh n bone..i am including some refernces to help explain..hope you find them useful

Being Born In Sin

Psalm 51:5 ESV / 245 helpful votes
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 ESV / 175 helpful votes
Surely there is not a righteous man on
earth who does good and never sins.

Psalm 58:3 ESV / 170 helpful votes
The wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray from birth, speaking lies.

Romans 5:12 ESV / 168 helpful votes
Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

Romans 3:23 ESV / 145 helpful votes
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Genesis 8:21 ESV / 92 helpful votes
And when the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, the Lord said in his heart, “I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth. Neither will I ever again strike down every living creature as I have done.

Romans 5:19 ESV / 82 helpful votes
For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.

ETC..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Explain to us how Adam's sin taints a human body.
Sin is not a flesh and bone problem..its a heart and soul problem..spiritual death..again..sin is seperation from God..seperation from God equals death...UNLESS we recieve Jesus as Lord..our SOULS will be spared but body still dies..made of the dust of the earth and will go back to that..