Did Jesus Have The Human Sinful Nature?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Just because scriptures refers to ...in His image...in no way means we are comparable to Christ. He did not have the sinful nature. He did not sin while on this earth.

In His image...not like Him.

Jan 6, 2018
Just because scriptures refers to ...in His image...in no way means we are comparable to Christ. He did not have the sinful nature. He did not sin while on this earth.

In His image...not like Him.
Having the fallen sinful nature passed down to us is a non moral condition. It is not sinning. Sinning is when you break God's laws. Jesus never broke God's laws . Therefore Jesus could have had our sinful nature and not sin.

Jan 6, 2018
Why is it hard to accept the idea that Jesus was just like us in every way, broken down humanity? Isn't God omnipotent enough to join His nature with our broken down human nature and still be well pleasing to God? Maybe your God isn't omnipotent?

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Having the fallen sinful nature passed down to us is a non moral condition. It is not sinning. Sinning is when you break God's laws. Jesus never broke God's laws . Therefore Jesus could have had our sinful nature and not sin.
D...,

I hear you...but, very doubtful.

He had the ability...not to sin...you and I do not.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You didn't read the pages I posted. Please read them and address specifics. You are just a waste of time otherwise.
Your accusation is false, your insult is unnecessary, and your request will therefore be ignored.

Jan 6, 2018
D...,

I hear you...but, very doubtful.

He had the ability...not to sin...you and I do not.
But since He experienced what we go through He gives us that same abilty:

What the Law could not do, because human nature was weak, God did. He condemned sin in human nature by sending his own Son, who came with a nature like our sinful nature, to do away with sin.
Romans 8:3 GNT
https://bible.com/bible/68/rom.8.3.GNT

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Having the fallen sinful nature passed down to us is a non moral condition.
It is far more than that. It is our brokenness, something we all, as descendants of Adam, need deliverance from.

It is not sinning.
It is our sinful condition.

Sinning is when you break God's laws. Jesus never broke God's laws .
There is sin, and there are sins. We all came into this world dead in sin, and needing deliverance. Sins are acts of disobedience that we do as a result of our being in this sinful state.

Therefore Jesus could have had our sinful nature and not sin.
If Jesus had our sin nature, Jesus himself would need saving.

Jan 6, 2018
It is far more than that. It is our brokenness, something we all, as descendants of Adam, need deliverance from.

It is our sinful condition.

There is sin, and there are sins. We all came into this world dead in sin, and needing deliverance. Sins are acts of disobedience that we do as a result of our being in this sinful state.

If Jesus had our sin nature, Jesus himself would need saving.
Why couldn't His divine nature in the hypostatic union preclude Him from needing to be saved seeing that He never sinned? Therefore He would not need to be saved.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
His salvation is between him and God. It's not your job to damn him to hell.
They damn themselves for repeating the unforgivable sin Jesus warns against.
Those who are indwelt with the holy spirit don't believe Jesus was just a man who didn't sin. The mere idea sends fear for such a one that insists that's true.
Maybe stand for the Bible as strongly as you stand for someone who demonstrates everything the Bible warns against.

Jan 6, 2018
Those who are indwelt with the holy spirit don't believe Jesus was just a man who didn't sin. The mere idea sends fear for such a one that insists that's true.
Maybe stand for the Bible as strongly as you stand for someone who demonstrates everything the Bible warns against.
You are dishonest. I never posted that Jesus was just or only man.

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
You don't know that he committed the unforgivable sin.

What I am opposed to is people stating as a fact that someone is going to hell because he believes different than they do on some things.

You ain't the judge.

Jan 6, 2018
You don't know that he committed the unforgivable sin.

What I am opposed to is people stating as a fact that someone is going to hell because he believes different than they do on some things.

You ain't the judge.
The irony to that seeing that I am saying Jesus was like us "in every way" Heb:2:17 but he and others are arguing "uh,uh,no He wasn't! ".

Jan 6, 2018
But that isn't my position. I have never posted saying Jesus was just a man filled with the Holy Spirit. I repeatedly argued for the hypostatic union.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
But that isn't my position. I have never posted saying Jesus was just a man filled with the Holy Spirit. I repeatedly argued for the hypostatic union.
That's a falsehood.

I'll make this really short and clear. The sin nature passes through the male. Jesus' father was God. No human male. Therefore, no human sin nature. I'll not continue this thread on my part further. You've no intention of stopping your blasphemy. You relish the attention.
I would say I would pray for you but the Bible says that it is too late. For 55 pages, you've demonstrated you have no concern that it is too late. The unforgivable sin in the Christian Bible is blasphemy of the holy spirit. You're here insisting Jesus was a man that had the sin nature and chose not to sin. Jesus was born by the holy spirit's covering of Mary. Jesus was always holy, always divine, even though he was in flesh. Because he could not bring the new covenant to earth as fully God since we're told in scripture we cannot look upon the face of God and live. So God found another way. A great and glorious way.

He didn't come to this world as a sinner, which is what sin nature bestows, and then just chose not to sin. In fact, according to the Pharisee of the time that condemned Jesus for his acts during his ministry, he did sin according to the Law of God that they prosecuted. He healed on the Sabbath, as one example.

However, Jesus was the Lord of the Sabbath. He was the same Lord that commanded the Sabbath day to come into being. Because the Sabbath he made for humankind, not humankind for the Sabbath. Therefore, the Pharisee' were wrong! Jesus did not sin by healing on the Sabbath.

1 John 3:5 (ESV)You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.

Romans 5:12–13 (NASB95)
12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—13 for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

This thread could have died here for lack of attention. However, that would be irresponsible of me to not respond to a falsehood as the last remark should I have simply let it stand.
And it is owed to those who may happen on this thread due to the title and then if navigating to this last page find nothing to fully shut your blasphemy down.

It is to them that those scriptures are delivered. Because the Christians here know the truth. I think that is why many of us have tried for 55 pages to prove it to you that knows not truth.
Your defender not withstanding, the scriptures are clear about what you have done here too. You are God's example to us all.