Did the color of Jesus matter?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 14, 2017
Personally I don't think it mattered what color he was, it matters what he did. But I've heard some other people (like in my previous posts) say that it does matter, and praying to a lighter color Jesus is idolatry and blasphemous. Any thoughts?

S

Stranger36147

I made a thread about this very topic a while back.

Guess we'll all find out eventually what color Jesus is when we meet him face to face.

L

LandryM

It doesn't matter unless people are trying to make it out as something that was definitely not true. If people are putting importance on the fact that Jesus was white, or if they have a problem with the fact that Jesus was almost certainly a dark skinned, not very attractive, Middle-Eastern man, I think that's a problem.

G

Gracie_14

It doesn't matter unless people are trying to make it out as something that was definitely not true. If people are putting importance on the fact that Jesus was white, or if they have a problem with the fact that Jesus was almost certainly a dark skinned, not very attractive, Middle-Eastern man, I think that's a problem.
umm, being dark skinned is not attractive? :O i would think again if i were you. but i believe Jesus was definitely mid brown… something like that. i dont think he was purely pale white. thats just a bit unrealistic. and please ppl out there dont tell me Jesus is a blue-eyed blond. we all know he's not.

S

Stranger36147

umm, being dark skinned is not attractive? :O i would think again if i were you. but i believe Jesus was definitely mid brown… something like that. i dont think he was purely pale white. thats just a bit unrealistic. and please ppl out there dont tell me Jesus is a blue-eyed blond. we all know he's not.
I don't think he was saying dark skinned people can't be attractive. He was just alluding to the concept that Jesus himself was not an attractive man. And I think there are one or more passages in the Bible that mention he was nothing special to look at.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
sorry to barge in... I'm nowhere near being a teen (I was one, though... a LONG time ago :rolleyes:)

This is one of the most legitimate views of Jesus I've ever seen in a movie... THIS is what I picture Jesus looking like.

Jesus, as portrayed in the movie "Risen"... which I highly recommend....

Jesus risen.png Jesus risen 1.png

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
I dont pray to a "white" Jesus, I just pray to Jesus. I have no freaking idea what He looks like, and I really dont care either : p Its who He is and what He did that matters. Jesus is Lord and Savior. His race is meaningless, and Im 100% sure Hed agree with me on that : p

God did not put one race above another, so His race is not an important issue. I think those who make His race an important issue are in the wrong. They arent focusing on what matters.

S

Stranger36147

I've seen Risen and after seeing the guy who played Jesus in it, I remember thinking "Finally." It was so nice to see an actor that actually looked Middle Eastern playing Jesus and not some white guy that people have seen time and time again in countless movies.

laoshanlung

Apr 21, 2015
Cliff Curtis is a kiwi, not Middle Eastern. (kiwi = affectionate term for someone born in New Zealand)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The color of the skin Jesus was in on earth only matters to people who think skin color matters...