Did you all know that there are three heavens

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Eph 6: 10 -12Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Even PAUL didnt know where the 3rd heaven was or anything about it..so how can YOU?

"12 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

But..i DO love verses 9 n 10

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
That's quite unnecessary.

She, and I, just don't accept your interpretation of the Scriptures. There is a massive difference.
Lol..thats exactly what i told him too..lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
That's quite unnecessary.

She, and I, just don't accept your interpretation of the Scriptures. There is a massive difference.

Lol..read my post #32:)

P

pjharrison

Even PAUL didnt know where the 3rd heaven was or anything about it..so how can YOU?

"12 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

But..i DO love verses 9 n 10
Paul was talking about himself. That's how we know there was a third heaven and it was paradise. He was given a thorn in his side to keep him from boasting about himself.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Paul was talking about himself. That's how we know there was a third heaven and it was paradise. He was given a thorn in his side to keep him from boasting about himself.
Yes..i read tge scripture i gave you...but if paul said repeatedly "only God knows" what gives YOU the insight where tgey are and which one Satan resudes in etc...

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Paul knew of a third heaven which was paradise.
Wheres paradise? How far in the universe? How many miles? THats my point..GOD ONLY KNOWS..not you..not me..not Paul

P

pjharrison

Lol..read my post #32:)
Yes..i read tge scripture i gave you...but if paul said repeatedly "only God knows" what gives YOU the insight where tgey are and which one Satan resudes in etc...
Satan is in one of them, because of this scripture, Eph 6: 10 -12Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

P

pjharrison

I don't need to have an explanation to reject yours.
If you don't want to understand you want. You have put the scriptures together. Everything is not written in the bible for easy understanding.
rev: 12: 7 -12
7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
11 They triumphed over him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.

P

pjharrison

If you don't want to understand you want. You have put the scriptures together. Everything is not written in the bible for easy understanding.
7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

has been hurled down.
by the blood of the Lamb
as to shrink from death.
He is filled with fury,
This has not happened yet.

P

pjharrison

This has not happened yet.
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Matthew4: 8-9, 8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Satan offer the world, because he controls it all, because this is his kingdom. The government, everything. All of the systems that we live by is run by satan.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
The third heaven is were God dwells. The second is were satan and his demons dwell and the third is the heaven above us.

Do you know where the saints walk in the Spirit?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

has been hurled down.
by the blood of the Lamb
as to shrink from death.
He is filled with fury,
I think you missed my point completely. This is not about "easy" (which, ironically, you seem to have embraced). You still have not incorporated the multiple uses of "heaven" in Genesis into your argument. You have taken a few oblique references and stitched together a doctrine, which I find weak and unconvincing. Nobody is obligated to accept your position, and it is quite out of line to suggest that those who don't are guilty of not believing the Scriptures.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
If we know there is a third, there must be a second and a first. The first is the sky. So the second is in between.
ok but again how do you know it's the second one? on what basis do you believe this?

P

pjharrison

I think you missed my point completely. This is not about "easy" (which, ironically, you seem to have embraced). You still have not incorporated the multiple uses of "heaven" in Genesis into your argument. You have taken a few oblique references and stitched together a doctrine, which I find weak and unconvincing. Nobody is obligated to accept your position, and it is quite out of line to suggest that those who don't are guilty of not believing the Scriptures.
Do you believe there are three heavens? Were do you think that satan is? if you don't mind. If you don't want to answer the questions that's ok.

P

pjharrison

ok but again how do you know it's the second one? on what basis do you believe this?
They can't be in the third that is were God is. There not in the sky, which is the first. That leaves the second. I really don't know how else to tell you except by the scripture I have given you. We don't wrestle against flesh and blood. If the demons and satan were locked away. Jesus would not have cast out so many demons, they called them unclean spirits. They come in and out of time and space. The only place they can be is in the second heaven.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Wheres paradise? How far in the universe? How many miles? THats my point..GOD ONLY KNOWS..not you..not me..not Paul
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him

John 14:18 will answer the question of where paradise is; and

Luke 23:43 will answer the question of where paradise was; and

Ps 139:8 will answer the question of where paradise will always be.

P

pjharrison

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him

John 14:18 will answer the question of where paradise is; and

Luke 23:43 will answer the question of where paradise was; and

Ps 139:8 will answer the question of where paradise will always be.
Paradise is in heaven and paradise is in Christ Jesus.