I just recently totally reversed my opinion on marijuana usage.
My daughter is a social worker in child protective custody. She was telling me about a father who wanted his children back, but he is "addicted" to pot and it has triggered schizophrenic symptoms. She has told him to get psychiatric help and stop smoking pot, which he claims is the only thing that "calms" him.
Later, I read this is the truth in a scientific journal. And sadly, it can bring out a gene for schizophrenia which would not have been expressed. So pot is triggering a mental illness.
I have not had a drink since I became a Christian, and I have not done pot since I was a teenager. I know there are legitimate medical uses of marijuana, such as stopping the progress of glaucoma, (which I am at high risk to get!) and for easing nausea in chemo patients. So I think there is a need for controlled use on occasion of this drug.
However, I also think that people talking about illegal drugs is the convoluted point of this post. It is NOT illegal in Uruguay, anymore, and this may be the beginning of a domino effect in other 3rd world countries. So lots of legal pot getting exported to countries where it is illegal?
The caption, by the way, I believe says, "The first country to do so." Although SecularHermit would probably be a better person to ask. I have studied Spanish as a third language, and the similarities to French are what help me get through most Spanish posts.
Then again, there is Google Translate! I just acquired a FB friend who is a Chinese Baptist pastor. Now I am reading Chinese daily to figure out his posts. Love Google Translate!
My daughter is a social worker in child protective custody. She was telling me about a father who wanted his children back, but he is "addicted" to pot and it has triggered schizophrenic symptoms. She has told him to get psychiatric help and stop smoking pot, which he claims is the only thing that "calms" him.
Later, I read this is the truth in a scientific journal. And sadly, it can bring out a gene for schizophrenia which would not have been expressed. So pot is triggering a mental illness.
I have not had a drink since I became a Christian, and I have not done pot since I was a teenager. I know there are legitimate medical uses of marijuana, such as stopping the progress of glaucoma, (which I am at high risk to get!) and for easing nausea in chemo patients. So I think there is a need for controlled use on occasion of this drug.
However, I also think that people talking about illegal drugs is the convoluted point of this post. It is NOT illegal in Uruguay, anymore, and this may be the beginning of a domino effect in other 3rd world countries. So lots of legal pot getting exported to countries where it is illegal?
The caption, by the way, I believe says, "The first country to do so." Although SecularHermit would probably be a better person to ask. I have studied Spanish as a third language, and the similarities to French are what help me get through most Spanish posts.
Then again, there is Google Translate! I just acquired a FB friend who is a Chinese Baptist pastor. Now I am reading Chinese daily to figure out his posts. Love Google Translate!