Did You Know the Wheel on the Mouse ............

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Did you know the wheel on the mouse also acts as a third button? At least it does with Windows 10.

Try clicking your wheel on a url or the page links to other pages, then look up at your tabs. Your new url has opened in another tab. This also works in CC when you do not want to leave a page but you see something, a person's profile, a link in a post, whatever, it will automatically open it in another tab.

You have a lot of tabs, and you want to close them quickly, click your whieel on each tab you want close.....fast.

The wheel also has other functions so experiment with it. You will love what you find out.

God bless you...

Feb 7, 2015
I do smooth, continuous scrolls with my wheel all the time by just "tilting" the wheel to the side and moving the mouse a little in either the "up" or "down" direction.

You can also lock it into that mode by clicking the wheel. Click again on any button or key to release it from that mode.

Jan 25, 2015
I know this but I can't help myself... I am still doing it :D

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
That sounds neat. Now, what kind of situation would I need to lock it.. Probably with my limited use of the PC I would not use it, but you never know.........thanks. God bless you.

Jan 25, 2015
That sounds neat. Now, what kind of situation would I need to lock it.. Probably with my limited use of the PC I would not use it, but you never know.........thanks. God bless you.
Excel documents and even on this site on the threads :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Is that what I am doing when I click ont he wheel to pull the page up and down?

dOops forgot or side to side

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I will take that as an affirmative, and say thank you. Thank you very much youngin'. God bless you.

Feb 7, 2015
When you tilt the wheel, you have to hold it in that position or else it will quit scrolling. If you "lock" it into scroll-mode, you can keep on happily scrolling smoothly up or down to your heart's content, and it will stay in that mode till you click a button or a key to get out of it.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It could be the software with the mouse, my mouse that is. If I click on any non-active area of the page with the wheel, an icon apears, and I move the mouse above it and the page goes up, if I raise the mouse higher it scroos faster. It does the same in any other direction even irregular angles.

When you tilt the wheel, you have to hold it in that position or else it will quit scrolling. If you "lock" it into scroll-mode, you can keep on happily scrolling smoothly up or down to your heart's content, and it will stay in that mode till you click a button or a key to get out of it.

Feb 7, 2015
It could be the software with the mouse, my mouse that is. If I click on any non-active area of the page with the wheel, an icon apears, and I move the mouse above it and the page goes up, if I raise the mouse higher it scroos faster. It does the same in any other direction even irregular angles.
That "clicking" the wheel is the "locking" I was talking about.

Most of the time, I just tilt the wheel to the left and it does the same thing without the "locked" feature.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Mine will not react that way.....I am accustomed to this one, but I could easily be the same with one that islike yours.

Feb 7, 2015
Mine will not react that way.....I am accustomed to this one, but I could easily be the same with one that islike yours.
I had to go into my mouse settings to, first, enable that feature.

G

GaryA

Did you know the wheel on the mouse also acts as a third button?
Just so you understand the terminology correctly...

The wheel is also a button - most commonly referred to as the 'middle' mouse button.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This is also what the expert on YouTube says. Thanks..... YouTube is great for learning lots of things, just about ev erything. I wish I had had access to it when I replaced my internal modem 25 years ago, but I managed anyway, somehow.

Now I am learning theory on all kinds of repairs and upgrades; the problem is I cannot see well enough to do it myself theswe days. Oh had I had this when Windows 95 came out.

Just so you understand the terminology correctly...

The wheel is also a button - most commonly referred to as the 'middle' mouse button.