Didn’t God make all things Good?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

ANYTIME someone asks a bunch of questions, then in their next post shows they ALREADY have rock-solid views on each of those questions... is just baiting everyone into an argument.

They show their motives immediately in their actions.

The OP had no sincere questions, and just clearly started this thread to argue.

eeeyup

it's like a template you can count on :whistle:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This sounds good but it is definitely not biblical. Philosophy is no substitute for Bible truth.
Evil does not exist by nature, nor is any man naturally evil, for God made nothing that was not good
At the time of creation, God did make everything good -- indeed perfect. However God also gave men and angels free will, and because of their disobedience they became sinners and rebels. Now the sin nature indwells every man, and Satan and evil angels continually incite men to sin.
When in the desire of his heart someone conceives and gives form to what in reality has no existence, then what he desires begins to exist.
Here is the Bible truth:
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:13-15)
We should therefore turn our attention away from the inclination to evil and concentrate it on the remembrance of God;
Without the New Birth and the indwelling Holy Spirit, men do not have to power to turn away from sin and turn to righteousness.
...for good, which exists by nature, is more powerful than our inclination to evil.
This is not according to Scripture: For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. (Rom 7:18)
The one has existence while the other does not, except when we give it existence through our actions.
This too is not according to Scripture:
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: 23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. (Mk 7:21-23)

T

TheWind

ANYTIME someone asks a bunch of questions, then in their next post shows they ALREADY have rock-solid views on each of those questions... is just baiting everyone into an argument.

They show their motives immediately in their actions.

The OP had no sincere questions, and just clearly started this thread to argue.

With all do respect. Speculate what you want. I meant no harm asking an question. I just wanted to see what various consensus was... I thank you all for sharing your views along with, or against my own. But they are view points and perspectives. That’s all.... Like 4 gospel accounts of one man. It doesn’t bother me what you believe. .. The truth shall be revealed anyway. Regardless of what any of us think. And I am not here to pick fights.. nor cause tension... and I apologize if that’s what you believe. So I will exit out of this thread, since there is no life in disbelief. For your already filled and have no capacity to even consider another view point.. and I never accused or threw any nastiness in the air... like some of you all did... I see why God said There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.....people are vicious and don’t even know it... didn’t mean to get your feather ruffled.. now you can go back to watching reality television... as the world knows it’s own. Good luck to you all!! May the truth find you in Good spirits!!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
With all do respect. Speculate what you want. I meant no harm asking an question. I just wanted to see what various consensus was... I thank you all for sharing your views along with, or against my own. But they are view points and perspectives. That’s all.... Like 4 gospel accounts of one man. It doesn’t bother me what you believe. .. The truth shall be revealed anyway. Regardless of what any of us think. And I am not here to pick fights.. nor cause tension... and I apologize if that’s what you believe. So I will exit out of this thread, since there is no life in disbelief. For your already filled and have no capacity to even consider another view point.. and I never accused or threw any nastiness in the air... like some of you all did... I see why God said There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.....people are vicious and don’t even know it... didn’t mean to get your feather ruffled.. now you can go back to watching reality television... as the world knows it’s own. Good luck to you all!! May the truth find you in Good spirits!!

I would rather people just start an honest debate than play all these games.

1. First you pretend to be the nice guy... the victim of abuse and misunderstanding.

"I am not here to pick fights... nor cause tension"

2. Then... in reference to your detractors, you give a verse about them all burning in eternal hellfire... nice.

"I see why God said there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

3. Then you go on about how mean every is to you... making yourself the victim and martyr.

"People are vicious and don't even know it."

4. Then you smear your detractors, by accusing them of being worldly, and out of touch with God and spiritual things.

"now you can go back to watching reality television... as the world knows it’s own"

A - Please, if anyone wants to argue, just be honest, and say you want to debate.
B - Please don't play the game of STARTING an argument DISINGENUOUSLY, by PRETENDING to have sincere questions, and BAITING people into an argument, and then getting mad and acting like a VICTIM when people take the bait.
C - Can we PLEASE act like adults and dispense with the games?

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
a. Our modern usage of good and how we view it is not what it means in Genesis
b. The word meant usable for the purpose it was designed for
c. MY view is Satan was already here as the prince of the power of the air (GOD on day 2 does not call the heavens good)
d. Satan came to be when Lucifer fell by transgression and became the Adversary
e. Satan apparently possessed the serpent (note evil spirits/demons/devils have possessed men and pigs we know of by the bible) and even Satan argued over the dead body of MOSES for a reason)
why did they translate it good?

U

UnderGrace

I am good with dispassionate discourse.

Dec 12, 2013
WHY did the KING JIMMY translators translate/transliterate numerous words the way they did?

One reason I study every word from the Hebrew and Greek...I found one Psalm that had three different words, with three different meanings translated the exact same way......

A prime example is the word another in Galatians chapter 1......both places the word is translated ANOTHER and yet they are two totally different words with totally different meanings......

numerous times this has happened.......

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Because that is exactly what God's creation was (after He finished creating) and the correct translation in Genesis 1:31 is "VERY GOOD" -- not just "good".

מְאֹ֑ד (me·'od) טֹ֖וב (to·vv) = VERY GOOD.

Jul 27, 2019
This sounds good but it is definitely not biblical. Philosophy is no substitute for Bible truth.

At the time of creation, God did make everything good -- indeed perfect. However God also gave men and angels free will, and because of their disobedience they became sinners and rebels. Now the sin nature indwells every man, and Satan and evil angels continually incite men to sin.

Here is the Bible truth:
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:13-15)

Without the New Birth and the indwelling Holy Spirit, men do not have to power to turn away from sin and turn to righteousness.

This is not according to Scripture: For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. (Rom 7:18)

21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: 23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. (Mk 7:21-23)
It's not my writings, it was a quote from Philokalia by St Diadochos who was born around 400 and died before 486, was bishop of Photiki in Epirus (North Greece).

Here is another text from the same author:

"Spirtual knowledge comes throug prayer, deep stillness and complete detachment, while wisdom comes through humble meditation on Holy Scripture and, above all, throught grace given by God."

“Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.”

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
It doesn’t really matter in the end what any of us believe. For only God knows the truth. And it shall be revealed. And it will be a time like no other. For God is the God of everyone whether they believe in him or not. In Genesis. God gave Pharaoh a dream .. he didn’t even worship the Hebrew Gods. But pharaoh had a dream anyway. And God used Egyptians to bless the Hebrews. God can do whatever he wants. Believer or non believer.
It truly does matter what each one of us believes.. Because Believing God is a Key to an eternal relationship with God.. Believing and Trusting are the two essential things one must have to be Redeemed.. God lets people know His will in regard to the way of Salvation..

The dream God gave the Pharaoh that Joseph dealt with was given to assist Joseph who was given the understanding to interpret the dream..

The Pharaoh i was talking about was the one that Moses dealt with..

Yes God can do what He wants and He can use both believers and unbelievers..

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Haven't read the whole thread yet, but went to this young lady's website and read some of her stuff. She definitely thinks outside the box, which I usually like. But there is something dark about what she is ultimately getting at. I won't post her whole poem, but this paragraph is very telling and disturbing: She is referencing Satan in this poem:

"Maybe it was God the whole time.

And he just used the snake as a disguise.

So he could see what men were doing,

By looking through his eyes."

Young lady, I don't know exactly what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is, but calling God Satan runs dangerously close IMO.

Read again what sister Magenta said about Satan be a created being:

Ezekiel 28:13-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day YOU WERE CREATED.
14 “You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day YOU WERE CREATED,
Till iniquity was found in you.

T

TheWind

It truly does matter what each one of us believes.. Because Believing God is a Key to an eternal relationship with God.. Believing and Trusting are the two essential things one must have to be Redeemed.. God lets people know His will in regard to the way of Salvation..

The dream God gave the Pharaoh that Joseph dealt with was given to assist Joseph who was given the understanding to interpret the dream..

The Pharaoh i was talking about was the one that Moses dealt with..

Yes God can do what He wants and He can use both believers and unbelievers..

It matters to you!!!!....what Men believe... Hence the argument... and Why Jesus was hung on the cross... because men will attack you when you don’t think the way they do... I have a different relationship with God that you do.. and he shows me other things... does that make me Luciferian.. as someone mentioned?? Whether you believe in Jesus, or the guy next door ...doesn’t make him any less God than what he already is.. he doesn’t needs man’s permission and belief to Move in heaven or in Earth.... and pharaoh didn’t believe in the Hebrew God. Did that mean God didn’t have purpose for him??? You twist words... I only know one kind of spirit that does that... besides Jesus spoke truth to everybody. Whether his seed fell along the wayside, thorns or good ground.. he still spread it... what men do with what they are given is in their own free will.. We are all prepared by God for his purpose. Joseph’s sons were half Egyptian.... Revelation.. Whether for Good or evil the purpose is Gods... So you can continue to post all day anywhere... and push Your wisdom .. but I thank God to revealing things to babes and not to the wise... you use Gods word to offend.. while yet I am left to the defense of the gospel for your attack.. please leave me alone and find another post with your twisted Words...

T

TheWind

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but went to this young lady's website and read some of her stuff. She definitely thinks outside the box, which I usually like. But there is something dark about what she is ultimately getting at. I won't post her whole poem, but this paragraph is very telling and disturbing: She is referencing Satan in this poem:

Young lady, I don't know exactly what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is, but calling God Satan runs dangerously close IMO.

Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
I established you;

I didn’t call God Satan.. but he owns every spirit.. and uses him as he pleases. There for it’s not satans purpose. It’s Gods. And darkness is only the absence of light... Death has been defeated my friend.

T

TheWind

I didn’t call God Satan.. but he owns every spirit.. and uses him as he pleases. There for it’s not satans purpose. It’s Gods. And darkness is only the absence of light... Death has been defeated my friend.

I would like to ask all of you...Where are all your works??? Where is your belief? Why don’t you put yourself out in the church and preach. Since you all have the Truth???

T

TheWind

I would like to ask all of you...Where are all your works??? Where is your belief? Why don’t you put yourself out in the church and preach. Since you all have the Truth???

That way I can look upon what your doing to judge you!!

T

TheWind

Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
I established you;

Btw.. maybe you should read the whole thread before throwing in two cents worth none...

T

TheWind

Paul came to the island of melita and shook off a viper, and the people there were like woa he is a god, cos he should have died but didnt. See acts 28:1-6

Gospel according to Mark says beleivers have immunity to snakes. See Mark 16:15-18

Maybe I’m harmless as a dove but wise as snake...

T

TheWind

Here is the Bible truth:

For they call the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call his children... shall I take it a compliment that you think I am evil? or call me Lucifer???

T

TheWind

For they call the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call his children... shall I take it a compliment that you think I am evil? or call me Lucifer???
I would rather people just start an honest debate than play all these games.

1. First you pretend to be the nice guy... the victim of abuse and misunderstanding.

"I am not here to pick fights... nor cause tension"

2. Then... in reference to your detractors, you give a verse about them all burning in eternal hellfire... nice.

"I see why God said there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

3. Then you go on about how mean every is to you... making yourself the victim and martyr.

"People are vicious and don't even know it."

4. Then you smear your detractors, by accusing them of being worldly, and out of touch with God and spiritual things.

"now you can go back to watching reality television... as the world knows it’s own"

A - Please, if anyone wants to argue, just be honest, and say you want to debate.
B - Please don't play the game of STARTING an argument DISINGENUOUSLY, by PRETENDING to have sincere questions, and BAITING people into an argument, and then getting mad and acting like a VICTIM when people take the bait.
C - Can we PLEASE act like adults and dispense with the games?

Your caps and colors lead into more strife? Is that what your looking for... your replies are twisted and ignorant to captivity of thought.. have you learned all there is to know???
I thank God for being persecuted for my belief. Now I know I’m doing well.

Just because you see a snake don’t mean that a Rod isn’t the one speaking. You don’t know me. Nor who I am. Nor what God is using me for ..

T

TheWind

Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
I established you;

Could he be talking about Adam? After all, It was not good that man was alone... and that is the only thing God said wasn’t good.. what had Adam been doing for God to say that? And that was Before he gave him his wife.... ( and I stress it’s my personal belief before you all attack)... May I ask you: who do you think God is referring to?