Different cultures?

  • Thread starter Thread starter renewed_hope
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

renewed_hope

Guest
So my question is........has a different culture ever peaked your curiosity? If so what kind and please explain?


I've always been interested in the Jewish culture as I have Jewish ancestry on my mother's side. I remember attending a church where they had a passover seder and we lit the monorah during Hanukkah and even played the dreidle game. It was really neat. However, the most interesting part was the tallit or prayer shawl because each knot and weave means something.

However, the truth is many cultures are fascinating in their own way and would love to learn more about what makes them unique
 
Well ive been dealing qiite a lot with refugees from Syria, Iran, Albania and Afghanistan .. ive been getting some input from Iranian christians a lot and its interesting for me as I just love cultures all in all.
 
So my question is........has a different culture ever peaked your curiosity? If so what kind and please explain?


I've always been interested in the Jewish culture as I have Jewish ancestry on my mother's side. I remember attending a church where they had a passover seder and we lit the monorah during Hanukkah and even played the dreidle game. It was really neat. However, the most interesting part was the tallit or prayer shawl because each knot and weave means something.

However, the truth is many cultures are fascinating in their own way and would love to learn more about what makes them unique

Japanese and Dutch cultures.
 
Japanese and Dutch cultures.

I actually have a friend who is from Japan and actually met her husband who was a Marine stationed near where she worked. We had a conversation about this yesterday and the differences are absolutely intriguing. She also mentioned that a lot of ingredients in her favorite Japanese cuisine, she can't even find here and has to improvise


The one thing I would love to understand is how the Dutch would wear those wooden shoes. I remember wearing them for a school thing.....so uncomfortable:(
 
It's always interesting to meet a new culture.
I was quite shocked when I visited Morocco, as the culture I met there was very negative compared to what I was expecting.
... but I suppose being a tourist is very different from if I'd known a family there and been there as a "local".

Living three years in Scotland was also interesting. All in all it was (naturally) quite similar to Norway, but having returned to Norway I miss going to bars to eat a reasonable- priced meal with a beer and just enjoying the atmosphere. I was also surprised when I, at my first visit to the local church, was invited for tea (to you non UK folks: tea = a full meal + tea/coffee and cookies :D )

I've also been to Spain, France, Germany and Belgium , but not long enough to get an overview of the culture. I do know a few Dutch people though, and to me it seems they are more hard- working / business oriented and formal than most Norwegians I know. And I think the Swedish too have a higher work morale than us :p
(That being said, there are exceptions in Norway too. My aunts family works and works and works... and then they travel :D )
 
Some cultures are more interesting than others.............and some are downright deadly!

bacteria-culture.jpg
 
Some cultures are more interesting than others.............and some are downright deadly!

149298d1463056371-different-cultures-bacteria-culture.jpg


definitely cultured .. ;)
 
It's always interesting to meet a new culture.
I was quite shocked when I visited Morocco, as the culture I met there was very negative compared to what I was expecting.
... but I suppose being a tourist is very different from if I'd known a family there and been there as a "local".

Living three years in Scotland was also interesting. All in all it was (naturally) quite similar to Norway, but having returned to Norway I miss going to bars to eat a reasonable- priced meal with a beer and just enjoying the atmosphere. I was also surprised when I, at my first visit to the local church, was invited for tea (to you non UK folks: tea = a full meal + tea/coffee and cookies :D )

I've also been to Spain, France, Germany and Belgium , but not long enough to get an overview of the culture. I do know a few Dutch people though, and to me it seems they are more hard- working / business oriented and formal than most Norwegians I know. And I think the Swedish too have a higher work morale than us :p
(That being said, there are exceptions in Norway too. My aunts family works and works and works... and then they travel :D )


Interesting

I worked with a guy from Morocco...he was Jewish though...boss was Israeli...very family oriented

I've been all over North America and dipped into Mexico some...but not off the continent even though I am only first gen Canadian...I was brought up in a pretty European style way though and I appreciate things like that far more
 
So my question is........has a different culture ever peaked your curiosity? If so what kind and please explain?


I've always been interested in the Jewish culture as I have Jewish ancestry on my mother's side. I remember attending a church where they had a passover seder and we lit the monorah during Hanukkah and even played the dreidle game. It was really neat. However, the most interesting part was the tallit or prayer shawl because each knot and weave means something.

However, the truth is many cultures are fascinating in their own way and would love to learn more about what makes them unique

I'm half Vietnamese and half Mexican, I was adopted and raised by Polish parents, I got married young and my in laws were Scandinavians, so I was not exposed to the Vietnamese or Mexican culture at all. I would love to learn more about my background.
 
I'm half Vietnamese and half Mexican, I was adopted and raised by Polish parents, I got married young and my in laws were Scandinavians, so I was not exposed to the Vietnamese or Mexican culture at all. I would love to learn more about my background.

I can help you with the Mexican half of your culture.............go find one of these Libraries of Mexican Culture and begin to research your "rich and tasty" Cultural History! :)

taco_bell_sign_us1s_5x3.jpg