Dinosaur Hoax

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Worrying about such things like conspiracies and the cares of the physical world contradicts what Jesus tells us:

"Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

I'd rather just rest in the Lord and trust that he has everything under control. :)
 
if the Holy Spirit's job was to teach us science, why should He teach us about microbiology and not teach us about microbiology?

or is the Holy Spirit's purpose to criticize human knowledge & understanding of the natural sciences at all?

typo here -- i meant to ask,

why should the Spirit teach us about microbiology and not about macrobiology?

((i.e. evolutionary process being microbiological, and dinosaurs being macrobiological))

that all creatures were created, not arisen out of pure chaos by accident, amen -- that glorifies God and it is written. that is what the Holy Spirit affirms.
but spontaneous generation of life out of pond scum isn't "evolution" even though people associate that idea with the word. it has nothing to do with it; that's an origin theory, and evolution is not an origin theory.
the Bible doesn't tell us the details of how God created life in all of its diversity - just that He said "let if be so" and it was so. evolutionary process -- the actual process, not some other origin theory that by connotation is associated with it -- may be utterly false, but in and of itself it doesn't directly contradict the scripture. and the existence of dinosaurs doesn't either. i don't think these two ideas / controversies are "the things of God" so it's not the things that the Spirit testifies of. we get those ideas and knowledge and opinion of them from another source -- from study, thinking, considering, reasoning, logic. by the Spirit we understand the mysteries of God -- but this stuff about how the natural world works in detail is the mysteries of creation. different subject.

does that make more sense i hope, Tintin bro?
 
But what about Barney? You're telling me he's not real? Cause I went searching for him years ago :p
 
Years ago we were in a museum looking at dinosaur bones. The Holy Spirit spoke to me this. It's a hoax.

See:



Which dinosaur bones were a hoax? (I assume you mean "fossils".)

I have seen fossilized creatures in stone. In fact there are fossilized shells in the gravel of my driveway. Are you telling me someone secretly added them to thousands of bits of my gravel before the trucks delivered it?

If you are denying the existence of fossils, then you are delusional.
If you agree that fossilized creatures exist then you need to clarify your position with proof, rather than a blind assertion that "God told you so".

You need to explain which fossilized bones are fraudulent and which are legitimate. And not only explain the difference, but
offer rational evidence that supports your assertion that dinosaur bones are a hoax. For instance what is the difference between the little fossils in my driveway and the big fossils that you claim are a hoax?

Other than claiming "God told you so", do you have any rational evidence to support your assertion?

The burden of proof is on you because you are making the assertion that it is all a hoax.


Do you have any evidence whatsoever, or
did something inside your brain convince you that your opinion and feelings take precedence over the science and experience of everyone else in the entire world?

I am not trying to attack you. I am trying to present the contrast between valid rational assertions backed by legitimate evidence and someone who makes a claim backed by nothing more than "God told me so."

[ FWIW, about 1983 I was praying very sincerely and I "heard" something that was entirely outside of my conscious awareness. It truly seemed that something "outside of me" told me to marry a certain person. I was sure it was God at the time. That person and I never even dated. I have since concluded that it is possible for our subconsciouses to communicate to us in a very real experience without it actually being a directive of God. I am not saying that this is the case with you. But it is possible for parts of our brain/mind to seem like an external source of direction even though we are sincerely seeking the truth at the time.]

I invite you to earnestly seek God and pray for His direction and guidance in this, and be aware that we all can deceive ourselves far beyond our imagination - or willingness to face being mistaken.

 



Which dinosaur bones were a hoax? (I assume you mean "fossils".)

I have seen fossilized creatures in stone. In fact there are fossilized shells in the gravel of my driveway. Are you telling me someone secretly added them to thousands of bits of my gravel before the trucks delivered it?

If you are denying the existence of fossils, then you are delusional.
If you agree that fossilized creatures exist then you need to clarify your position with proof, rather than a blind assertion that "God told you so".

You need to explain which fossilized bones are fraudulent and which are legitimate. And not only explain the difference, but
offer rational evidence that supports your assertion that dinosaur bones are a hoax. For instance what is the difference between the little fossils in my driveway and the big fossils that you claim are a hoax?

Other than claiming "God told you so", do you have any rational evidence to support your assertion?

The burden of proof is on you because you are making the assertion that it is all a hoax.


Do you have any evidence whatsoever, or
did something inside your brain convince you that your opinion and feelings take precedence over the science and experience of everyone else in the entire world?

I am not trying to attack you. I am trying to present the contrast between valid rational assertions backed by legitimate evidence and someone who makes a claim backed by nothing more than "God told me so."

[ FWIW, about 1983 I was praying very sincerely and I "heard" something that was entirely outside of my conscious awareness. It truly seemed that something "outside of me" told me to marry a certain person. I was sure it was God at the time. That person and I never even dated. I have since concluded that it is possible for our subconsciouses to communicate to us in a very real experience without it actually being a directive of God. I am not saying that this is the case with you. But it is possible for parts of our brain/mind to seem like an external source of direction even though we are sincerely seeking the truth at the time.]

I invite you to earnestly seek God and pray for His direction and guidance in this, and be aware that we all can deceive ourselves far beyond our imagination - or willingness to face being mistaken.


You have put forward a fairly strong challenge to those who think it is all a dastardly plot by ''Them'' to deceive us all.
Your gravel Driveway example made me smile imagining armies of Paleontologists sneaking up peoples drives to promote
their conspiracy.
 
I think yet understands by now why his post was so illogical but speaking of dinosaurs I wonder how people dealt with them in the bible days I mean I have seen jurassic park one two and three plus Jurassic world and I gotta say I have no idea how they would be able to deal with such creatures
 
I think yet understands by now why his post was so illogical but speaking of dinosaurs I wonder how people dealt with them in the bible days I mean I have seen jurassic park one two and three plus Jurassic world and I gotta say I have no idea how they would be able to deal with such creatures

Quick response:

Run away fast, and live where they aren't.:)
 
I think yet understands by now why his post was so illogical but speaking of dinosaurs I wonder how people dealt with them in the bible days I mean I have seen jurassic park one two and three plus Jurassic world and I gotta say I have no idea how they would be able to deal with such creatures

Well, at least immediately after the Great Flood, God put the fear of man into the animals. I suspect that there weren't many dinosaurs after the Flood and of those that still existed, they probably only attacked people when there was little food or when their territory was infringed on by people. As for before the days before the Great Flood, we just don't know. But we do know that God only gave Noah and his family (all humanity) and the animals permission to eat meat following the Flood. Naturally, some people and animals would've eaten meat beforehand.
 
After rereading my above response, I would like to apologize for coming across more confrontationally than I needed to. I could have presented it more respectfully and still made the same point.
 
When scientists say that dinosaurs exsisted millions of billions of years ago, proabably just made up a random number because carbon dating can only go back so far plus atmospheric conditions must have been different when people were suppossedly not on earth and was ruled by dinos.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools
 
I would rather say that the evolutionary interpretation of dinosaur and the fossil record are false. The bible teaches a young earth plainly. If you decide to keep the evolutionary paradigm, that the world is billions of years old, then the bible must be discounted on the flood story.
There was no local flood described in Genesis. It was worldwide and the evidence e for the flood is everywhere. Just because your school decided to feed you the evolution lie and your brainwashed teachers support it, does not make it true.
 
I think some of the bones in skeletons of dinos they find were maybe taken from several creatures, such as giants or other animals that had large freatures (as in like claws and such). But idk, just my thoughts.
 
Yet,

If you are still monitoring this thread, I really would like to hear your response to the questions I raised earlier. I was not very respectful in the way I presented them, for which I apologize again.

Nevertheless, I think the questions I raised are valid, and since you are the one to make the claim that dinosaur bones (fossils?) are a hoax, it is up to to you to provide the evidence to support your statement.

Other than the one experience of "hearing" (?) something inside you claim them to be a hoax, do you have any other evidence? Also, I think it important that you explain which fossils are a hoax and which are legitimate.

I am not trying to trash your position. I am trying to learn more about your claim that dinosaur bones are a hoax.


Since you posted it, we can only assume that you believe it and that you are willing to discuss it. I admit I responded disrespectfully, but I would still like to understand better what you where trying to communicate when you made the post.


Thank you.
 
I would rather say that the evolutionary interpretation of dinosaur and the fossil record are false. The bible teaches a young earth plainly. If you decide to keep the evolutionary paradigm, that the world is billions of years old, then the bible must be discounted on the flood story.
There was no local flood described in Genesis. It was worldwide and the evidence e for the flood is everywhere. Just because your school decided to feed you the evolution lie and your brainwashed teachers support it, does not make it true.

We don't know how long it was between Adam's creation and his fall. The Bible says Adam lived for 930 years, but prior to his fall the world was eternal and time had not begun. I think the 930 years began from the time of the fall, not Adam's creation.
 
We don't know how long it was between Adam's creation and his fall. The Bible says Adam lived for 930 years, but prior to his fall the world was eternal and time had not begun. I think the 930 years began from the time of the fall, not Adam's creation.
He was 130 when he had Seth so it was before then..
 
We don't know how long it was between Adam's creation and his fall. The Bible says Adam lived for 930 years, but prior to his fall the world was eternal and time had not begun. I think the 930 years began from the time of the fall, not Adam's creation.

Time had already begun. God created everything within Creation Week, so Time wasn't a result of the Fall.


In the beginning (time), God created the heavens and the earth (the all/universe).

Genesis 1:1