Discernment in visions and dreams

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
did I miss something was there a prophecy given in the dream?
To prophesy is to declare the mind of God. . . prophecy . God declared in a dream the interpretation of another man dream . Danial was left with no clue of his own to what the dream even was. If it is written in the word of God is prophecy. Dreams are prophecy just as parables another manner of prophecy. What some would call gambling, the drawing of straws with Matthias is another manner of prophecy.. God revealing his will.

God spoke prophecy (prophesied)after many manners. In the last day through his Son . No new prophets bring new revelations that possibility is sealed with seven seals.

Prophets that are here sharing with each other as those who do prophesy declare the gospel. I would consider all who have a desire to share the word of God as prophets. The meaning to the word like some other words make it hard to understand. . . things of that nature.... we must be careful how we here God.

Changing the meaning of one word can make the word of God without effect..

Chaldeans would be like the dream interpreters today .Tell us so that we can mediate for you... (dangerous) God step it up a notch it would seem and made it supernatural; “No, you must tell me the dream, and then you must tell me what it means.

Then the Chaldeans answered the king. They spoke Aramaic[a] and said, “King, live forever! Please tell your dream to us, your servants, and then we will tell you what it means.” Then King Nebuchadnezzar said to them, “No, you must tell me the dream, and then you must tell me what it means. If you don’t, I will give an order for you to be cut into pieces. And I will order your houses to be destroyed until they are nothing but piles of dust and ashes.
Dan 2:4-5

Or the kind of dream (prophecy) that preserved the seed Christ advancing the gospel

But Abimelech had not yet slept with Sarah, so he said, “Lord, I am not guilty. Would you kill an innocent man? Abraham himself told me, ‘This woman is my sister,’ and she also said, ‘This man is my brother.’ I am innocent. I did not know what I was doing.” Then God said to Abimelech in a dream, “Yes, I know that you are innocent and that you did not know what you were doing. I saved you. I did not allow you to sin against me. I was the one who did not allow you to sleep with her. Genesis 20:4_6

The gospel is complete, the seed was protected, the genealogy complete . God heals our minds with dreams be careful how we hear them. I think with a grain of salt.

Jun 10, 2019
To prophesy is to declare the mind of God. . . prophecy . God declared in a dream the interpretation of another man dream . Danial was left with no clue of his own to what the dream even was. If it is written in the word of God is prophecy. Dreams are prophecy just as parables another manner of prophecy. What some would call gambling, the drawing of straws with Matthias is another manner of prophecy.. God revealing his will.

God spoke prophecy (prophesied)after many manners. In the last day through his Son . No new prophets bring new revelations that possibility is sealed with seven seals.

Prophets that are here sharing with each other as those who do prophesy declare the gospel. I would consider all who have a desire to share the word of God as prophets. The meaning to the word like some other words make it hard to understand. . . things of that nature.... we must be careful how we here God.

Changing the meaning of one word can make the word of God without effect..

Chaldeans would be like the dream interpreters today .Tell us so that we can mediate for you... (dangerous) God step it up a notch it would seem and made it supernatural; “No, you must tell me the dream, and then you must tell me what it means.

Then the Chaldeans answered the king. They spoke Aramaic[a] and said, “King, live forever! Please tell your dream to us, your servants, and then we will tell you what it means.” Then King Nebuchadnezzar said to them, “No, you must tell me the dream, and then you must tell me what it means. If you don’t, I will give an order for you to be cut into pieces. And I will order your houses to be destroyed until they are nothing but piles of dust and ashes. Dan 2:4-5

Or the kind of dream (prophecy) that preserved the seed Christ advancing the gospel

But Abimelech had not yet slept with Sarah, so he said, “Lord, I am not guilty. Would you kill an innocent man? Abraham himself told me, ‘This woman is my sister,’ and she also said, ‘This man is my brother.’ I am innocent. I did not know what I was doing.” Then God said to Abimelech in a dream, “Yes, I know that you are innocent and that you did not know what you were doing. I saved you. I did not allow you to sin against me. I was the one who did not allow you to sleep with her. Genesis 20:4_6

The gospel is complete, the seed was protected, the genealogy complete . God heals our minds with dreams be careful how we hear them. I think with a grain of salt.
I get that but I still don’t know why you mentioned prophecy in this thread, what’s in the text above doesn’t quite match what the OP said.

when someone starts believing in an afterlife, it’s a new revaluation, revaluation is not some forbidden word no one can use.

Mar 28, 2016
NO IT ISN'T.

Read the dictionary, Garee.
Recalcitrant. . . . a person with an obstinately uncooperative attitude:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto.

Will you go above that which written and therefore widen the authority of the word of God's His perfect law ?

Different authorities have sometimes opposing attitudes toward authority or discipline: The philosophical disciples of Jesus in John 6, when it came to the one source of faith. . . not after the flesh, ( what eyes the temporal) . They were informed the flesh profits for nothing, Zip . . . they walked away in unbebelif (no faith) it offended them and would not hear..

No Spirit of Christ. No salvation.Know the faith of Christ know the work of his Spirit, working , witnessing in us to both will and do his good pleasure.

2 Corinthians 4:7 We have this treasure from God, but we are only like clay jars that hold the treasure. This is to show that the amazing power we have is from God, not from us.

Mar 28, 2016
I get that but I still don’t know why you mentioned prophecy in this thread, what’s in the text above doesn’t quite match what the OP said.

when someone starts believing in an afterlife, it’s a new revaluation, revaluation is not some forbidden word no one can use.
When I was a yong lad I would dream of flying but would need a running start like the first superman series. but I would fail many times 73%. (LOL) Superman would stand there with his chest out as one of could leap with a running head start and jump building in a single bound. But when the revolver ran out of bullets they would toss the gun and he would duck or weave.. .

When you say OP. . do you mean discerning where they come from , God, evil or one self?

I would think God is greater than our conscious which either accuses us or excuses us five minutes later. .

He heals us with dreams. He alone is the interpreter. Be carful how we hear we can only serve one master, we walk by a faith, as it is written. Living the dream. . resting in Him.

One of my favorite dream Psalms.

Psalm 139:17-19 King James Version (KJV) How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.

Jun 10, 2019
When I was a yong lad I would dream of flying but would need a running start like the first superman series. but I would fail many times 73%. (LOL) Superman would stand there with his chest out as one of could leap with a running head start and jump building in a single bound. But when the revolver ran out of bullets they would toss the gun and he would duck or weave.. .

When you say OP. . do you mean discerning where they come from , God, evil or one self?

I would think God is greater than our conscious which either accuses us or excuses us five minutes later. .

He heals us with dreams. He alone is the interpreter. Be carful how we hear we can only serve one master, we walk by a faith, as it is written. Living the dream. . resting in Him.

One of my favorite dream Psalms.

Psalm 139:17-19 King James Version (KJV) How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
OP is short for Opening Post,

Proverbs 24:16
For though a righteous man falls seven times, he will get up, but the wicked will stumble into ruin.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Recalcitrant. . . . a person with an obstinately uncooperative attitude:
Good! Now you can see this has absolutely nothing to do 'going above what is written'.

The Lone Ranger and Tonto.
Relevance?

Will you go above that which written and therefore widen the authority of the word of God's His perfect law ?
Gentleness doesn't seem to work with you, so maybe bluntness will: you're either being dense or willfully stubborn. Despite my challenging you to justify your view with quotations, and telling you that you are incorrect, you keep repeating your error. I don't think you're a troll, but you sure are acting like one.

Different authorities have sometimes opposing attitudes toward authority or discipline: The philosophical disciples of Jesus in John 6, when it came to the one source of faith. . . not after the flesh, ( what eyes the temporal) . They were informed the flesh profits for nothing, Zip . . . they walked away in unbebelif (no faith) it offended them and would not hear..
None of which has anything to do with the topic at hand.

Mar 28, 2016
Good! Now you can see this has absolutely nothing to do 'going above what is written'.
I have not changed camps yet .Have you?

Its the other group of recalcitrant rascals, the ones that do go above all things written in the law and prophets. (prophecy) Its who and what the sign of tongues (God mocking those who mock him) as a law confirms. What do you the sign the sign confirms??? Ask Waggles?

Those who hear prophecy and believe God or those who refuse (no faith) Still waiting for that answer?

Mar 28, 2016
Gentleness doesn't seem to work with you, so maybe bluntness will: you're either being dense or willfully stubborn. Despite my challenging you to justify your view with quotations, and telling you that you are incorrect, you keep repeating your error. I don't think you're a troll, but you sure are acting like one.
Sorry not my intention perhaps I am stubbornly slow learner ... I know you have me a curve and appreciate the ear. .

I have worked under blunt bosses all my life..... just ask my wife LOL

I was privileged to be lead person in many 35years foundry maintenance electrical Non union a place to learn different skills . Master of none other that getting into trouble with wife. Working on that in need of prayer. . I am not the daddy you can have the job ,

Can you be a little more precise on this error you say I keep on repeating.?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I have not changed camps yet .Have you?

Its the other group of recalcitrant rascals, the ones that do go above all things written in the law and prophets. (prophecy) Its who and what the sign of tongues (God mocking those who mock him) as a law confirms. What do you the sign the sign confirms??? Ask Waggles?

Those who hear prophecy and believe God or those who refuse (no faith) Still waiting for that answer?
Sorry not my intention perhaps I am stubbornly slow learner ... I know you have me a curve and appreciate the ear. .

I was privileged to be lead person in many 35years foundry maintenance electrical Non union a place to learn different skills . Master of none other that getting into trouble with wife. Working on that in need of prayer. . I am not the daddy you can have the job ,

I appreciate your humility.

I am quite certain that neither Waggles nor anyone else believes that any revelation given today is intended by God to be added to Scripture. You keep asking "Is there a law by which we can know God better?"; the answer is No. However, there is more to the story. In my experience, and in those of people I know personally, God has communicated clearly outside of Scripture. None of these people think that what God communicated should be added to Scripture. Your error is that you think we do believe such things should be added to Scripture. You think that everything God ever communicated is in Scripture... yet Scripture itself tells you that is not the case.

If you were to separate the two concepts ("communication from God" and "Scripture") you might be able to understand. Look again at the example of Philip's daughters in Acts 21. The Bible clearly says that the prophesied, yet not a single word of their prophecies is recorded in Scripture. Therefore it is possible to prophesy and the message not be added to Scripture.

You don't have to believe that God still speaks; that's actually a separate issue. However, you keep claiming that I and others believe that modern revelations are to be added to Scripture. Your claim is simply wrong. So please, stop.

Jul 23, 2018
Sorry for the typos, it’s suppose to read:

“That’s what God wants - for you to know Him and to love Him. After that, once the relationship is secure - Both of you, together do spiritual things with power and authority - Emmanuel.”

Meaning, our focus needs to be on knowing and loving God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit). Our intimate relationship with God is first priority.

Then, according to God’s Will, He takes us on spiritual adventures and certain works, gifts, callings, etc. according to His good pleasure for His Kingdom, the Body of Christ. Israel and the world.
Jesus set the protocol.
Holy Ghost first.
Then the walk and relationship.
He said "it is expedient for your sake that i go. But i will leave you the Holy Spirit"
And also this;
"...but tarry in Jerusalem till you are ENDUED with the Holy Ghost"

We are empowered and transformed by the Holy Ghost.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
excuse me...actually I don't care if you or you don't

you either made up that post, #116, or you are in heaps of trouble or you are not a Christian

pick one

maybe no one here ever dealt with your practices, but they are not of God and frankly I am not convince you are simply making it all up for attention or whatever kicks you get out of it

no Christian will be doing what you say you do

I don't have demons in my dreams and probably no angels either

you say you were loving a demon...that is utter garbage and you say God told you to love it. that is worse than garbage. that alone indicates a demon talking to you

there was only one way Jesus dealt with demons. and it had nothing to do with love
Demons have no power over us. Period. God is actually in control over demons...mentioned in Job where the sons of God and the devil approached God and God told them what to do. "lead them not into temptation, but deliver them from the evil one."
Now if we listen to them that's on us.

Yes angels are with us.
"For he commands his angels concerning us to guard us wherever we may go. To be with us and lift us in his hands so that you won't strike your foot upon a stone." psalm 91

Yes we listen to demons and deal with demons. How lovely the world would be if that were not the case...

Yes demons are in dreams as well as angels. Ive trained myself to pray and "wake up" when scared so I will typically become lucid during a nightmare. As such Ive tried everything from talking to them, fighting them, using the environment to scare them with tornadoes and such. The best way though that works is having God get rid of them. It works 100% of the time. In fact often right after a door will be opened if I was trapped or a bell will ring to get out of the place.

I will say I'm 100% certain about angels in dreams and not as certain about demons. Probably because they're not a reliable source.

But my question would be this... If they are not demons why does God's powerful name get rid of them? Nothing else seems to work so it would seem like they're a demon or spirit.

7seasrekeyed

Jesus did not fall, bow down for it (a illusion in fleshly mind ) why would we? Three times (as it is written) to indicate the end of the matter. One source of faith by which we can heard God not seen.as it is written .Need more? Why?

Then the devil led Jesus to the top of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and all the wonderful things in them. 9 The devil said, “If you will bow down and worship me, I will give you all these things.”Jesus said to him, “Get away from me, Satan! The Scriptures say, ‘You must worship the Lord your God.Serve only him!’” So the devil left him. Then some angels came to Jesus and helped him. Mathew 4: 8-10

Some people enjoy acting as if they are humble and love to worship angels. (the unseen) They always talk about the visions they have seen. Don’t listen to them when they say you are wrong because you don’t do these things. It is so foolish for them to feel such pride, because it is all based on their own human ideas. They don’t keep themselves under the control of the head. Christ is the head, and the whole body depends on him. Because of Christ all the parts of the body care for each other and help each other. So the body is made stronger and held together as God causes it to grow Colossians 2:

and some people garble all day long and no one pays attention..except Dino

sorry Dino :censored:

7seasrekeyed

Demons have no power over us. Period. God is actually in control over demons...mentioned in Job where the sons of God and the devil approached God and God told them what to do. "lead them not into temptation, but deliver them from the evil one."

Yes angels are with us.
"For he commands his angels concerning us to guard us wherever we may go. To be with us and lift us in his hands so that you won't strike your foot upon a stone." psalm 91

Yes we listen to demons and deal with demons. How lovely the world would be if that were not the case...

Yes demons are in dreams as well as angels. Ive trained myself to pray and "wake up" when scared so I will typically become lucid during a nightmare. As such Ive tried everything from talking to them, fighting them, using the environment to scare them with tornadoes and such. The best way though that works is having God get rid of them. It works 100% of the time. In fact often right after a door will be opened if I was trapped or a bell will ring to get out of the place.

I will say I'm 100% certain about angels in dreams and not as certain about demons. Probably because they're not a reliable source.

But my question would be this... If they are not demons why does God's powerful name get rid of them? Nothing else seems to work so it would seem like they're a demon or spirit.
just no

something is definitely smelling in Denmark and it ain't the cheese

please see your local exorcist

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Jesus set the protocol.
Holy Ghost first.
Then the walk and relationship.
He said "it is expedient for your sake that i go. But i will leave you the Holy Spirit"
And also this;
"...but tarry in Jerusalem till you are ENDUED with the Holy Ghost"

We are empowered and transformed by the Holy Ghost.
Yes, we are empowered by the Holy Spirit but, we are transformed by the Word of God.

I tarried and received the Holy Spirit. I speak in tongues, have dreams and visions, read the scriptures and eat hidden manna.

I’ve seen the aerial view of all things from the view of The Heavenly Realm...

all these events just simply lead me right back to Yeshua/Jesus- The Lover of my Soul - His Bride....

according to The Father’s Will and plan for my life.

There’s no need to argue with me, you are loved and so am I. Peace....:love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

@garee - great post. You opened up a bit - I see your heart and I see your soul....

Dear Heavenly Father,

garee is very logical and concrete yet, his wife has emotional needs....help garee to be romantic with his wife - by so doing he will meet her needs and she will feel and believe she is loved .....this feeling of being loved keeps any and ALL relationships intact.

Thank You Father for hearing our prayers, in the Name of Yeshua/Jesus, amen. :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Yes angels are with us.

Are you having fun on the fence? Are you ready to actually “buy the car”?

Do want to know and love Yeshua/Jesus as Lord, Savior and King? Ready for total sellout? :unsure::love:(y)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"If a dream or vision is from God, the meaning or message will NOT go outside of the jest of the 5 categories and all 66 Books of the Holy Bible. "

Very well said sister! Blessings to you in Jesus name

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
You know what is strange, I have had numerous dreams that has involved my grandfather(he is dead by the way), but here is what is strange, in the dreams I have had, I knew he was dead, even in the dream. How weird is that.

Now I don't know if it is coincidence, but at some point I started reading about a trend of trying to bring back the dead using Artificial Intelligence. Talk about speaking to the dead. This is so wrong this. Even if this could be done via AI, the problem is that person concerned did die.