Discipline!

  • Thread starter Thread starter savedNblessed
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

savedNblessed

Guest
Discipline - it is so important in our spiritual life. Yea I know, it sounds like school. But it kind of is like school. If we don't listen to the teacher and don't do our homework, we had to bear the consequences (most likely getting a lower grade in an exam). Just like that discipline is important and crucial in our walk with Christ as well. Since past few months, I have been so busy at my job that when I come home, I am so tired that I have no energy to spend some quiet time with the Lord. At first, missing a few days didn't seem bad at all. But as weeks passed by I started to realize that my heart was yearning for that fellowship with our Lord. Even my behavior started to change. I was tired and frustrated as it is because of my job and then not finding the peace in Jesus made it worse. Lack of faith, forgetting God's word, arguing with parents, mood swings are just few examples of the disease called - Jesus deprivation. So, speaking from experience, taking out a certain time of the day for the CREATOR should be on the "to-do list" of Creation!
 

Attachments

  • Church Sign.jpg
    Church Sign.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,067
LOVE this post! It is so true! We must all find time to spend with the Lord God, our creator. It is so important, and yet so easy for people to forget, get sidetracked or distracted..etc from doing it. We must keep our focus on him! Amen! :) God bless you.
 
that's why I have a set time I stop what I am doing all else can wait it is not at all more important then Scripture Reading and Reflection Or Prayerfull Prayer.
 
Hi, yes the busy life does get in the way. The answer I have found (although I still have to keep reminding myself) is to take Jesus with you where ever you go. Chat/pray to him on the bus, in the car etc. Sometimes (when I remember) I pray and ask for help when working though cases at work, I need to get better at that myself.

You don't have to feel guilty about not dedicating hours of time to set aside to be with God. For your own edification and learning and to give a chance for God to speak to you in the stillness, (athough he still speaks to us in the busy times), it is beneficial to set aside quiet time when it is just you and God, without a doubt.

But how much, when etc is different for everyone. We also all go through seasons when sometimes there is more free time and sometimes there is less. But then again, if you invite Jesus to go with you daily into your day..... :)
 
What my point was that if we don't meditate on God's word and spend some time in prayer daily, our soul does suffer. It wilts and I have felt it.
 
Good point! This is true. Life just didn't work without me connecting to God. Walking with God is what we are made to do and no matter what we are doing in life, nothing should ever override or sidetrack this truth. Practice Gods Presence wherever we go. :)
 
I really like this. I am finding hard to take time out of my day to talk to God and discipline is a problem for me. But the way you put it is very interesting and I think I will take up your ideas.
 
Great away from BUSY (Being Under Satans Yoch) And Daily Minimum 3 Pages Reading And 3 Prayers with full Heart if you can And want. In Love
 
Very well put! I really need more balance in my life, it can be hard when there is so much to get done in one day. Thank you for sharing, it is a wonderful reminder! :)
 
I am experiencing this right now and have been feeling mighty guilty about it. I am on Spiritual empty and know that spending time with Jesus and reading my Bible is the only cure. It has been longer, than I would like to admit, since I took time to spend with my Lord and now I almost feel like I do not have the right to expect His love and support anymore. I know those thoughts are not true and that once I take that step towards Him, He will be there waiting with opened arms!!! What an AWESOME God we serve!

Thank You!! My Burden has been lifted reading your post!! God Bless!!
 
I was experiencing this very same thing not so long ago, I had no time to spend with the Father until I remembered that His Spirit lives inside of me. And wherever I am He is there also, so I now have a relationship with Him. I talk to Him every minute of the day, and this has made me more conscious of his presence. I am grateful that I lost the time with Him because as I scrambled to have squeeze some time with Him, He revealed to me a more intimate and rewarding relationship.:)
 
Wow! You said mouth full! I myself struggle daily with putting God first in my personal time with God. I think some awesome ways to help you stay on track would be having a study buddy or a mentor, having a certain time during the day to study, and praying that God helps you to become a better student in his word and not get tempted by things of this world.
 
I agree. I do need a disciplined spiritual life in order to keep up a good relationship with God. I was very slacked to pray and read the Words for the past few weeks. I thought it's harmless and I can live by the bible knowledge I have in my mind. Apparently, it's like deceiving myself when in the reality my spiritual life is going downwards. It's vital to come before God and keep His words when we start our day.
 
I also find when i don't spend devotion time with the lord my attitude changes. Discipline is good and necessary on our walk with the Lord. I have now devoted 15 minutes a day in prayer and followed that up with about 20 to thirty minutes of bible reading a day and it has blessed me immensely. Press in don't give up and when you start to feel weary, be like Nike and just do it!