Disconnected from church

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
That is one way to find God, no distractions!

Ummmm, does this mean we have to leave our computer home ? LOL
I remember when we would ask one another this question....
" If you were stranded on an Island, and could only take one thing,
what would it be ?" Well, gosh, being a Christian ...of course, the "Bible."
Now the frightening part of that question ? Would we say Bible or Computer ?
I say we better just take the Bible. ( Outside influences a no no .) Computer ?
Wow... Have to say good-bye to everyone. God must be # 1 ~
 
I received so many answers and like-minded feeling responses to this thread, both publically and privately, that I am greatly encouraged (...) :) I look forward to staying in contact with you all regarding this and hope to hear from all of you (...) :D

I think I feel jelous! :( (He! He!) :(
 
Cyber church.

A start is a start and some thing is something...
and maybe that can be a temporary solution for those who do not attend for various reasons but truly would like to.

Good idea.
Online church meetings.
I would welcome that and attend.

Then we could say "yes we went to church this day".
and maybe in future our bodies will attend church.
 
Cyber church.

A start is a start and some thing is something...
and maybe that can be a temporary solution for those who do not attend for various reasons but truly would like to.

Good idea.
Online church meetings.
I would welcome that and attend.

Then we could say "yes we went to church this day".
and maybe in future our bodies will attend church.

Belief in God and seeking God out, desiring to receive God's Mercy through Christ is the start for God to show one truth that sets them free in God and not the world
John 8:32 and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
 
Sometimes, I think being a recluse in the mountains would be a life I'd love. :)

May I ask who is that HERMIT?

I thoght I was one of those, but I only knew one in here (an oldhermit) but I'm interesting in knowing more about of any WOMAN who likes to hide once in a while like THIS woman who regrets being exploted in her slavery job. Ha! Ha! (But I'm serious in knowing female hermits)

:rolleyes:
 
Cyber church.


Good idea.
Online church meetings.
I would welcome that and attend.

Then we could say "yes we went to church this day".
and maybe in future our bodies will attend church.

There are some virtual church meetings!

In fact, some time ago, I met here at the chatting room with a lady from Filipinas and both started praying in the PRAYER ROOM... Both felt the Spirit of God... I also shet my tears of joy and relief and, as witness, I left a blog telling about that day....

About those church meetings, someone would say: Ok! Where is the money after each serve? (those who took religion as a business) but the assembly, as a temple, is real, and I do know it is so.

Perhaps you were kidding, but I am serious at these things. :rolleyes:
 
On the night in question of my church non-attendance, I actually watched a Potter's House message (where T.D. Jakes preaches). It was a woman leading the session and it was looking at the parables. That night, it was in regards to the 10 virgins with the oil in their lamps (5 wise, 5 foolish). It was very profound and I needed to hear it. :) So, yes, there are virtual church meetings and services online, which is good for those of us that refuse to go and those that can't, for whatever reason. :)
 
seek to be led by God and not man and
[h=3]1 Peter 3:9[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]9 [/SUP]not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
By belief we have inherited from Christ's finished work of the cross life everlasting, I can think of no better gift can anyone else?
 
seek to be led by God and not man and
1 Peter 3:9

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]9 [/SUP]not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
By belief we have inherited from Christ's finished work of the cross life everlasting, I can think of no better gift can anyone else?

We should all strive to be led by God.............yet did God not choose to work through "man" to lead His people? From the very beginning He worked through various men to lead and guide, and teach His people His ways........

Church isn't only about being "led" in the ways of God......it's also about congregational praise and worship of God, and the edification of His Church. The uplifting of the One Body...........it's also about having the love and support of fellow believers in times of joy and in times of sorrow.......church is about living Christ like........

I thank God for my home church........those wonderful, God loving, Christ living believers that I call my church family.
 
That is truly what I miss. Genuine, godly fellowship. Once you've tasted it, and lost it, nothing compares. :( I miss having friends that are near my age and that love Christ with all their heart and like to come together to worship and talk about our lives and Christ and study His word and still be able to have fun and hang out and go to dinner and malls and stuff. I was in a season around 5 years ago where I had it all, it seemed. Losing all that, when I had longed for it most of my life, was a blow I never fully recovered from.

I think that this may be one of the big reasons I feel so disconnected. Though I desire that again, I have definitely built a huge stone wall around my heart and very few are allowed in. Betrayal is so painful...I can't image what married folks feel when they experience it in that kind of a relationship, since experiencing it in friendship nearly destroyed me.
 
Funny thing is......so many people discount Christian Fellowship/congregational fellowship as not being Biblical.......

Acts 2:42) And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 .) And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 44 .) And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
 
I firmly believe that Christian fellowship and godly friendships are vital to one truly living for Christ. Otherwise, you end up running everything through your own filters and ending up with the same answer. The Bible says that a three braided cord is not easily broken. :) I would love to have genuine friendships that center on Christ. I am just at a loss as to how to find them. In the past, the friendships I mentioned, were practically handed to me. All I had to do was respond.

A few months back, a woman around my age at my church started getting folks my age together to hang out. I was so excited. "This is it!" I thought. We went out to dinner and then we went bowling. However, when we went bowling, she invited a man from her work. It was myself and two other women and the man. There was so much flirting going on that I was uncomfortable. Not my scene at all. That was a great discouragement.
 
I firmly believe that Christian fellowship and godly friendships are vital to one truly living for Christ. Otherwise, you end up running everything through your own filters and ending up with the same answer. The Bible says that a three braided cord is not easily broken. :) I would love to have genuine friendships that center on Christ. I am just at a loss as to how to find them. In the past, the friendships I mentioned, were practically handed to me. All I had to do was respond.

A few months back, a woman around my age at my church started getting folks my age together to hang out. I was so excited. "This is it!" I thought. We went out to dinner and then we went bowling. However, when we went bowling, she invited a man from her work. It was myself and two other women and the man. There was so much flirting going on that I was uncomfortable. Not my scene at all. That was a great discouragement.

SO, IDEA! You contact those OTHER two women who were seeking fellowship, and JUST Y'ALL GO OUT......let the other woman and the guy from work flirt where they want........y'all can still fellowship.

God has a way of taking something bad and making something good from it...
 
I think the day is coming when we will find more home meetings.
There have been instances where holding Bible Studies in home
during the week, neighbors complained and called police.

If that is because of parking issue, I understand. But, some were
mainly because they did not like Bible Studies being held in home.

It is really scary to think where we might be headed. For those who
do not think there will be laws prohibiting "Church" being held in
home, in time the end days, you will see it come to pass.
 
I am from the old school. I am more at ease with some classic hymns and the piano and guitar providing the background music. Times have changed. Now you have concert-like settings. I see more ipads, smart phones and notebooks than Bibles (as in a book) at the service. I do say it's more convenient and useful to have one. Sermons preached from a notebook is something I am getting used to. I noticed the word 'quickly' is a regular word used as in "Let's quickly turn to the book of ....". What;s the hurry? I like shared-lunches at the church after worship. To me fellowship has two meanings first with God, then with fellow Christians. It's a time to mingle and get to know each other. Make newcomers feel more welcomed. It's sad to see the crowd dispersed immediately after the closing. I find it hard relate to a community like that. Here's an idea. Try find one or more persons who have the sincere need like yours to meet on Sundays at home. Choose some topics and take turns to be the speaker. If someone can play a musical instrument that will be nice. Otherwise some CDs or the inevitable ipad, notebook...etc. Take your time to sing to, read and talk about the God that you love. Have lunch together as part of the fellowship. So much the better if you can do the cooking there and then. Share life, live out the blessings, share love, share happiness and sadness. That's what it's all about. See if you do not look forward to doing it again. I am not suggesting that you start a new church. Some of us are crowd-shy. Some, simply do not feel 'at home' in the other churches. It might, be a stepping stone to eventually help you to join a church proper. "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."
 
I do miss the days when worship wasn't on a schedule. I feel we stifle Holy Spirit when we say, "Okay, we'll do three songs, then the offering, and then the preaching and altar call...without people having to come to the altar. They'll just pray where they are, along with everyone else, saying the sinner's prayer aloud, so we don't make them uncomfortable." We tell God and Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ that we only have 30 minutes for worship, 5 for announcements and offering, and 40-50 for preaching, so They better do what They have planned during those times. Is it any wonder churches and worship are stifled?

Unfortunately, this isn't all the pastor or worship teams fault. If you go over an hour for church, the members of said church get fidgety and complain. It comes up in board of elder meetings. Our new pastor has apologized for 'preaching too long'. So, how does this end? No clue. I wish I knew. I think that if Holy Spirit were allowed free reign, I wouldn't feel so disconnected in church.

The church I was at for half my life had flaws, but stifling Holy Spirit wasn't one of them. They gave Him room to move and worship went on as long as it needed too, and altar calls happened every service and we went to the altar. I had to leave that church for other reasons, but that is definitely one thing I miss.
 
Last edited:
Don't go to my church then........if you wanna be out by Noon that is..........I only start getting "antsy" about 1:30 or 2 PM.....

:)

Then I do get a wee bit antsy, but I do suffer from OTD and ADD........so, in my defense....... :)
 
disconnected? from where and who? Who has connected us and are we ever disconnected after we believe from God that is?
Do not all things work
[h=3]Romans 8:28[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]28 [/SUP]And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.