B
Sorry..
But what's wrong with Wyoming lol??????
So, tonight I made the decision to not go to church. Again. It has been such a long time since I have felt a real connection at church. I also don't feel that God is telling me to leave there to find another church home. The thing is that tonight I literally felt condemned. Despite my assurances in who I am and the fact that going to church doesn't dictate salvation, I wondered if I was truly saved, so much so that I had this question running through my head: am I going to go to hell because I don't want to go to church?
I know that church is vital to a Christian's growth. This is due to the need of godly fellowship and the need to hear sound doctrine/preaching and learn God's word. Why, then, do I dislike being in church so much? There are many reasons:
1. Pastoral changes. I had finally opened up to our pastor and his wife, felt accepted and welcomed, and then God called them to Wyoming. Wyoming, of all places! I am in New Mexico. So, I don't see them but once or twice a year now and I just feel so disconnected. The new pastor and his wife are so different from what I'm used to, from my first church to my current church. I just believe that judgments of others and concern for outer rather than inner man is prevalent. I can't find rest in the church.
2. No friendships. I have some older women that are friends with me and my mom, but I have no friendships my age. No one to call. No one to read the word with. No one to study with. No one to just hang out with.
3. Feeling stifled. I really do. I just feel like my call is stifled and will be. I felt this at the other church I attended for over 15 years. Now, having been here nearly 4 years, I just feel so stifled and I feel like there is no point in attempting to follow God's call because they aren't going to allow it regardless.
4. No connection. I don't have connection with the leadership or the body. I am just disconnected, unplugged, and the only reason I attend the services I do is because I have to, in order to keep up the appearances. I hate this. I hate this because I have no desire for the world and I don't want to leave God and serve the world. I want Him so badly and I just stand in the church unmoved and disconnected and annoyed and lost.
Yup.
I dont go to "church" I myself rather dislike being around people.
well I am pretty much a recluse on the edge of a city. but hey i dont really know any better. ive spent pretty much 31 years alone. so meh.
meh you get used to it.
i guess it does change you after a while.. longer time alone the more you just don't like people. you fall into a routine and well, if someone buggers up said routine you end up not happy about it at all..
I can relate with all of those reasons. Especially number 4. I'll be asking God to help us.
I figured it out![]()
I received so many answers and like-minded feeling responses to this thread, both publically and privately, that I am greatly encouraged. The main thing I learned right now is that God never wants us to shoulder things alone. I have been feeling this way for so long about church, and though I've talked it over with my mom and some others at the church, I never really felt like they got it completely, you know? Here, having finally opened up, setting aside all my desire to appear well put together and stronger than I am, I find that I am greatly encouraged. I have received sound advice and helpful encouragement and have taken a moment to examine these feelings under the light of new revelations. I am so very grateful for all of your input.I look forward to staying in contact with you all regarding this and hope to hear from all of you, too, as things change and move in our lives, no matter how far apart we are.
I have to say that lately I have really seen the value of this site. I think when I first signed on, I was very pious and self-assured and so I saw myself as the answer gal back in February of 2012. I took a break of many months from this site and only recently returned and I have to say that this has definitely been a richer time, knowing that I am flawed and far from having all the answers.There are also members on here that I actually look forward to seeing having responded to threads I'm a part of or having started threads. I literally light up when I see some member names pop up. That is such a wonderful feeling.
Thanks again.Words fail to express my gratitude for the support I received upon being open about my feelings regarding church.
![]()
The distance from New Mexico.I love Wyoming. In fact, I tried to find a job there to relocate...but failed. God wants me here for now, apparently. I'm good with that.
![]()
So, I've been out running errands, and was thinking of you and this thread, and gee, I got to thinking .......... "hmmm, maybe she shouldn't listen to me.......'cause if she listens to me, I'd have her out on a street corner in Winslow, Arizona (or some corner in some town in New Mexico) with her flat top guitar, surrounded by her pictures, singing praises to God, and witnessing to any who dared to stop and listen. Shoot, I'd have her Mom with tambourine keeping time and singing along.
Or, OR, I MIGHT even have her and her Mom, and those women who have befriended them out scouting around for some storefront they could rent, redecorate, and open up their own House of Worship.......Shoot, she BETTER NOT listen to me."
![]()
Sorry..
But what's wrong with Wyoming lol??????
Sometimes, I think being a recluse in the mountains would be a life I'd love.![]()