Discussing Noah's Flood - Mysteries & Theories

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

2Pillars

Jan 28, 2016
It is my Biblical Opinion that.... In order to understand the Flood, one must understand the following:

The world of Adam was an enclosed Biosphere much smaller than our earth, which was totally surrounded by the firmament which protected it from the water - below and above it - into which it was placed. Gen 1:6-8 .... Adam's Earth was not on a Rocky Planet, like the present Earth, since it was "clean dissolved" in the Flood, and rocks don't dissolve in water. Isa 24:19

This Earth, the Earth of Adam, was FLAT. It's highest point is only about 22 1/2 feet above sea level, Gen 7:20 .... while our earth’ highest elevation is some 29k ft. above sea level in comparison. Their entire Earth had only 4 Rivers while our present World has thousands of Rivers all over the face of the earth, indicating it was much much smaller than our Earth.

Here are some model images of Ancient Hebrew Perspective of Flat Earth - simili- for reference only - Adam's firmament of heaven - surrounded by waters below and above it - see link..... https://www.pinterest.ph/pin/113715959316206919/

During the Great Flood, Noah and the Ark were 22 1/2 ft above Adam's Earth on the 150th Day after the Flood began. At this depth the mountains of that Earth were covered in water. Gen 7:20. On the SAME 150th Day after the Flood began, the Ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat. Gen 8:4

That's one of the mysteries. HOW could the Ark be in both places on the SAME Day?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
It is my Biblical Opinion that.... In order to understand the Flood, one must understand the following:

"Your 'biblical opinion'"? What is that? It's either your opinion, or it's what the Bible plainly states.

The world of Adam was an enclosed Biosphere much smaller than our earth, which was totally surrounded by the firmament which protected it from the water - below and above it - into which it was placed. Gen 1:6-8 .... Adam's Earth was not on a Rocky Planet, like the present Earth, since it was "clean dissolved" in the Flood, and rocks don't dissolve in water. Isa 24:19

The Bible does not state that the world of Adam was an enclosed biosphere much smaller than our own. It does say that God planted a garden in the East, in Eden, and placed the man in it.

Some rocks such as limestone DO dissolve in water. Scripture doesn't state that the Earth was "clean dissolved" in the flood; Isaiah is prophesying a future event, not retelling the flood story.

This Earth, the Earth of Adam, was FLAT. It's highest point is only about 22 1/2 feet above sea level, Gen 7:20

That simply isn't what Scripture states. It says that the waters prevailed 15 cubits above the highest hills. 15 cubits, by a standard medieval cubit, is 22.5 feet.

.... while our earth’ highest elevation is some 29k ft. above sea level in comparison. Their entire Earth had only 4 Rivers while our present World has thousands of Rivers all over the face of the earth, indicating it was much much smaller than our Earth.
Scripture doesn't state that there were "only" four rivers. Rather, it identifies four rivers that were formed by the river flowing out of Eden.

During the Great Flood, Noah and the Ark were 22 1/2 ft above Adam's Earth on the 150th Day after the Flood began. At this depth the mountains of that Earth were covered in water. Gen 7:20. On the SAME 150th Day after the Flood began, the Ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat. Gen 8:4

Genesis 7:20 does not say anything about 150 days. Genesis 7:24 says that the waters prevailed upon the earth for 150 days. Genesis 8:4 says that in the seventh month, the ark came to rest in the mountains of Ararat.

That's one of the mysteries. HOW could the Ark be in both places on the SAME Day?
It wasn't. Through careless reading you have come to erroneous conclusions.

2Pillars

Jan 28, 2016
As I have posted…. Adam's world was FLAT and much smaller than our present world. It's highest point is only about 22 1/2 feet above sea level, Gen 7:20 while our present earth’ highest elevation is some 29k ft. above sea level in comparison. Their entire Earth had only 4 Rivers while the present world has thousands of Rivers all over the face of the earth, indicating it was much much smaller than our Earth.

Adam’s firmament of heaven was placed in the vicinity beneath the body of waters above and below it. It was in a completely enclosed Biosphere - protecting Adam's world from waters below and above it - like an incubator of Humanity. it was placed in Lake Van, Turkey in the beginning, during the making of our worlds (multiverse).

During the great flood, Noah’ Ark was above the highest mountains of Adam's world (22 1/2 ft.). The firmament, in which Adam's Earth was contained beneath the surface of water in Lake Van, Turkey --and end up floating the largest Lake in the area. It's in the mountains of Ararat and is some 75 miles wide.

We know this because In the New Testament, we were told that their heaven and earth....Whereby that the world THEN WAS -- standing out of the water and in the water -- being overflowed with water, perished” (Greek- totally destroyed) 2Pet 3:5-6

The Ark which was covered, floated out the top of Adam's firmament into the largest Lake in the area (Lake Van) when the windows of their heaven opened and the flood gates of waters rushes in the firmament,.... as the firmament sank, it released the Ark into our world - thus, Adam’s world was totally destroyed / dissolved in the Global Flood.

If it sounds like Atlantis, so be it.

This explains a way for a 450 foot Ark to be above their highest mountains of Adam's world (22 1/2 ft) ref. Gen 7:20 ...AND....in the mountains of Ararat on the SAME 150th Day after the flood began (Gen 8:4).

Our God is awesome God.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Your opening post was wrong in several places, which I pointed out. Repeating yourself doesn't make you right; it just makes you look like a fool, because you haven't learned a blessed thing.

2Pillars

Jan 28, 2016
The topic is about "Discussing Noah's Flood - Mysteries and Theories" ... which means Discussing Biblical Truth, Opinion or Theories.

Therefore what's is your problem? What 's the square face for?

Relax and enjoy the Day....or Eat you heart out because, I am having fun here. hehehe

K

KnowMe

The Bible does not state that the world of Adam was an enclosed biosphere much smaller than our own. It does say that God planted a garden in the East, in Eden, and placed the man in it.
Indeed, to cultivate and keep

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Quantum entanglement.

Or... you just misunderstood something in the Bible.

Could go either way.

2Pillars

Jan 28, 2016
Isa 24:18-20 is like a double edge sword.... and speaking of Noah’s Flood, since this is obviously the account of the 1st Earth being clean dissolved in water when the windows of their heaven were opened. It's speaking of Adam's world being completely destroyed in water during the Flood.

It is also set up as a Snare or Trap....to catch those willingly ignorant unbelievers of this last days.

Here’s the context of the snare or a trap, below.

Isa 24:18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake. v19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. v20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Scoffers of the last days will NOT believe that all the inhabitants thereof (except those in the Ark)... together with the 1st Earth were totally destroyed / dissolved in the flood.

2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: v6 Whereby the world (Greek-Kosmos) that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: (Greek-destroyed, totally)

These verses from the Old and New Testament confirm that Adam's world, the world that then was, was totally destroyed in the Flood..... and that the heavens and earth which are now, will also be dissolved by fire.

Scoffers, of the end of time, will choose to be "willingly ignorant" of this event which Isaiah describes.

In fact, the same word (”dissolved” )- is used again and kept in store to describe the upcoming prophecy of the new heaven and earth which are now, reserved for fire - and will melt and shall be “dissolved” , by its fervent heat.(not by flood)

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store ("dissolved") , reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2PE 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

2Pillars

Jan 28, 2016
As I have posted…. Adam's world was FLAT and much smaller than our present world. It's highest point is only about 22 1/2 feet above sea level, Gen 7:20 while our present earth’ highest elevation is some 29k ft. above sea level in comparison. Their entire Earth had only 4 Rivers while the present world has thousands of Rivers all over the face of the earth, indicating it was much much smaller than our Earth.

Adam’s firmament of heaven was placed in the vicinity beneath the body of waters above and below it. It was in a completely enclosed Biosphere - protecting Adam's world from waters below and above it - like an incubator of Humanity. it was placed in Lake Van, Turkey in the beginning, during the making of our worlds (multiverse).

During the great flood, Noah’ Ark was above the highest mountains of Adam's world (22 1/2 ft.). The firmament, in which Adam's Earth was contained beneath the surface of water in Lake Van, Turkey --and end up floating the largest Lake in the area. It's in the mountains of Ararat and is some 75 miles wide.

We know this because In the New Testament, we were told that their heaven and earth....Whereby that the world THEN WAS -- standing out of the water and in the water -- being overflowed with water, perished” (Greek- totally destroyed) 2Pet 3:5-6

The Ark which was covered, floated out the top of Adam's firmament into the largest Lake in the area (Lake Van) when the windows of their heaven opened and the flood gates of waters rushes in the firmament,.... as the firmament sank, it released the Ark into our world - thus, Adam’s world was totally destroyed / dissolved in the Global Flood.

If it sounds like Atlantis, so be it.

This explains a way for a 450 foot Ark to be above their highest mountains of Adam's world (22 1/2 ft) ref. Gen 7:20 ...AND....in the mountains of Ararat on the SAME 150th Day after the flood began (Gen 8:4).

Our God is awesome God.

Here is what I believe the story of the Tower of Babel actually teaches:

When the rains came to the world of Adam, the firmament, which protected the first world from the water that surrounded it…. it started to brake down and began to sink. The Ark, which was already upon the waters began to rise as the firmament sank. This released the Ark into ANOTHER world, to the present world of ours.

Noah's descendants thought they could build a tower to Heaven and escape the present Earth, just like Noah had escaped from the first Earth. They didn't want to be scattered over the face of the whole face of the Earth, into the lands of the Savages (prehistoric people), so they tried to escape our world, but the LORD had other plans.

Thus, Humanity scattered over the face of the present Earth and the prehistoric people on this planet changed from innocent animal to Human intelligence. This shows that Humans did NOT evolve from Apes but from Noah's descendants.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Here is what I believe the story of the Tower of Babel actually teaches:

When the rains came to the world of Adam, the firmament, which protected the first world from the water that surrounded it…. it started to brake down and began to sink. The Ark, which was already upon the waters began to rise as the firmament sank. This released the Ark into ANOTHER world, to the present world of ours.

Noah's descendants thought they could build a tower to Heaven and escape the present Earth, just like Noah had escaped from the first Earth. They didn't want to be scattered over the face of the whole face of the Earth, into the lands of the Savages (prehistoric people), so they tried to escape our world, but the LORD had other plans.

Thus, Humanity scattered over the face of the present Earth and the prehistoric people on this planet changed from innocent animal to Human intelligence. This shows that Humans did NOT evolve from Apes but from Noah's descendants.
Where you get all this stuff from?

2Pillars

Jan 28, 2016
Yes, I understand. Many speculations and eisegese.
Then, refute my posts with your own traditional view, supported by Scripture, Science or History... instead of whining about it every time you see that it does NOT suit your flawed understanding.

IOW, stop complaining all day long and show us your own view contrary to what I have posted. I promise I will not laugh.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Then, refute my posts with your own traditional view, supported by Scripture, Science or History... instead of whiningAnd the about it every time you see that it does NOT suit your flawed understanding.

IOW, stop complaining all day long and show us your own view contrary to what I have posted. I promise I will not laugh.
Ok, my view is not realy traditional, because I come not out of an christian family, according the bible.
Give me some time till next week. This weekend I will use for family.
Have a blessed resurraction feast.

Dec 12, 2013
Your opening post was wrong in several places, which I pointed out. Repeating yourself doesn't make you right; it just makes you look like a fool, because you haven't learned a blessed thing.
AMEN......In my biblical OPINION........BY FAITH we understand that the world that then was PERISHED being overflowed with water................we walk by faith not by sight and or humanistic reasoning or logic............

E

eternally-gratefull

Oh boy,

Another thread I thought might be fruitfull but is based on mythology and not worth it

Came, Saw Left......

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
To understand the flood we must go to plain, frank scripture not hidden scripture. The reason given to us in the scripture we acknowledge tells us that the world was filled with wickedness, God needed to start over.

The book of Enoch explained it thoroughly. This book was accepted for several hundred years after Christ when the Catholic church decided it was too Jewish. In Enoch we are told about the Nephilim who had become so numerous that humans were threatened. They were not only evil but they were so large and required so much food that the earth could not support them.