Dispensationalism...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

chess-player

Jul 14, 2022
Ahhh I see your so accustomed to the fun of debating that you perceive every question that is ask has to be coming from someone defending pre tribulation rapture and that they are all dispinsationist so you answer everyone as such. Then afterward you give Scriptures and suggest that I don't take them seriously,... lol,,,anyway if your curious in the least I have never been an Dispy nor do I adhere to pre-trib thinking...
Debate me on what I said, not on what you think I believe. I gave you plenty of scriptures for you to check out and see whether I'm right or wrong.

K

kaylagrl

A pointed question.... When you tell your child something like "If you wash the car i will pay you 5 bucks "
Is there a condition evolved ?

Lev 26:39 And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.
Lev 26:40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;
Lev 26:41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
Lev 26:42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.

I appreciate you sister. But the Abrahamic Covenant is considered unconditional. Otherwise why did God do the ceremony in the way He did, different from the others?

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Israel is God's elect nation to bring forth the promised seed of Christ. And because God chose them for this service, He loves them and made a covenant with them that he will bring to completion one day.
It was completed.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Debate me on what I said, not on what you think I believe. I gave you plenty of scriptures for you to check out and see whether I'm right or wrong.
lol, I have no intention of debating with you at all, I had noticed that one of you were really close to connecting the dots and realizing who the head was that received the deadly wound. You said a few similar things so I ask to see how you might answer that's all,(that was page three though).

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
I appreciate you sister. But the Abrahamic Covenant is considered unconditional. Otherwise why did God do the ceremony in the way He did, different from the others?
Yes i know many consider it unconditional, i did for many years, but what do the scriptures say? Then there is this passage

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
amen.. the mosaic was conditional. the abrahamic is not.. we are saved by the abrahamic covenant. in you shall all nations be blessed

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Yes i know many consider it unconditional, i did for many years, but what do the scriptures say? Then there is this passage

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.
the origional covenant said forever..

It also said that Abraham would not see it. that it would be 400 years first.

The land is theres.. It has never stopped being theres. they are not recieving the blessing of it because they are in sin (lev 26)

Jan 14, 2021
the origional covenant said forever
If the earth fades away, how could any group hold land on earth forever?

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." - Rev 21:1 KJV

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
If the earth fades away, how could any group hold land on earth forever?

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." - Rev 21:1 KJV
as long as the earth is here. how can forever end?

notmyown

May 26, 2016
No,it doesn't. God gave the full perimeters of the land in His Word and Israel has yet to live in the land with all that was promised to Abraham in the unconditional covenant God made with him and his seed.
hi, KG, i wonder if you would mind very much explaining "his seed" ?

i hope it might help the discussion, but really i'm just happy to say hello to you. :giggle:

Jan 14, 2021
as long as the earth is here. how can forever end?
Your intepretation creates a contradiction, how do you address it?

An everlasting covenant can be broken (cf. Is 24:5). The "everlasting" in Hebrew can mean perpetual rather than "unending". Also, if you mean something was given by promise, that's different.

Which promise are you talking about? It can't be Gen 17:8, because the Seed of the promise is Christ per Gal 3:16.

"And I will give unto thee [Abraham], and to [Christ] after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for [a perpetual] possession; and I will be their God." - Gen 17:8

K

kaylagrl

hi, KG, i wonder if you would mind very much explaining "his seed" ?

i hope it might help the discussion, but really i'm just happy to say hello to you. :giggle:

I'll have to try and get back later. Makin' supper just now. But I will try and get back and take a shot at your question.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Exactly, that's why Israel is the nation that was born in a day. The desert has bloomed again, just as was promised. God said He would bring them back from the lands he scattered them to their own land. That began in 48. And God will keep the promises He made.
Is the Israel of today the same land that was of the promise?

History tells us it took much longer then a day :
The Zionism Movement
In the late 19th and early 20th century, an organized religious and political movement known as Zionism emerged among Jews.

Zionists wanted to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Massive numbers of Jews immigrated to the ancient holy land and built settlements. Between 1882 and 1903, about 35,000 Jews relocated to Palestine. Another 40,000 settled in the area between 1904 and 1914.

Many Jews living in Europe and elsewhere, fearing persecution during the Nazi reign, found refuge in Palestine and embraced Zionism. After the Holocaust and World War II ended, members of the Zionist movement primarily focused on creating an independent Jewish state.

Arabs in Palestine resisted the Zionism movement, and tensions between the two groups continue. An Arab nationalist movement developed as a result.

chess-player

Jul 14, 2022
amen.. the mosaic was conditional. the abrahamic is not.. we are saved by the abrahamic covenant. in you shall all nations be blessed

You are saved by faith in Jesus Christ and what He accomplished on the cross, NOT by the so-called "Abrahamic covenant.'." The message of God is to be reconciled to Him via faith in Christ. (2Cor. 5:20).