Divorce requests increase during Covid Pandemic

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

G2RBeliever

How horrid!
I would say the love of MANY has waxed cold......

T

TheIndianGirl

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
A lot of younger couples ( unless elderly or retired) have not spent two weeks plus locked in a house or apartment. At least one was working, or if they spent two weeks together it was because of another reason such as a vacation, etc. I was thinking about it, and I this is the longest my parents have sat around in the house. Even my dad admitted it is a new experience.
Kinda sad but unfortunately not all surprising. Our culture is so anti family and all about the wealth race that kids go without the parents due to work and sleep, and the spouses go without the other because work then kids and then sleep.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Whatever happened to “For better for worse till death do us part”? We abide in a society that prioritizes ones happiness over Godliness. I have even found myself looking for this. Peoples love for one another is becoming more and more cold.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Whatever happened to “For better for worse till death do us part”? We abide in a society that prioritizes ones happiness over Godliness. I have even found myself looking for this. Peoples love for one another is becoming more and more cold.
More than likely the marriage was already dead. It just need a crisis like a pandemic to send it off the rails.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
More than likely the marriage was already dead. It just need a crisis like a pandemic to send it off the rails.
I think you’re right. The marriage was already teetering and something this just pushed it over the edge.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Kinda hard ti understand for me. Why not be happy to have the time to spend with your family that you usually dont have

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Kinda hard ti understand for me. Why not be happy to have the time to spend with your family that you usually dont have
They probably was on the edge to begin with and the extra time drove them over the edge. The news article is from my local hometown so it could be a local thing. The culture in this city has very poor families as in usually most end up as one parent homes.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
They probably was on the edge to begin with and the extra time drove them over the edge. The news article is from my local hometown so it could be a local thing. The culture in this city has very poor families as in usually most end up as one parent homes.
Yea but still I dont get it. I guess I have too much heart for this world

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
So people won’t understand what they have until it’s gone. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

E

EleventhHour

I predicted that this would happen..

The old saying is true in regard to the relationship between men and woman..

""Distance makes the heart grow fonder, but, familiarity breeds contempt""
I disagree

Love should never breed contempt

Sep 3, 2016
There are reports during these perilous times of domestic violence increasing at a alarming rate. Stores that sale Alcohol Beverage revenue is higher than ever before in history. They close down the Churches, but alcohol beverage stores are left open. Something is wrong.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
There are reports during these perilous times of domestic violence increasing at a alarming rate. Stores that sale Alcohol Beverage revenue is higher than ever before in history. They close down the Churches, but alcohol beverage stores are left open. Something is wrong.
Probably because alcohol is in the grocery stores. Churches are not shut down from worship. Just gatherings more than 10 people and the 10 have to be 6ft apart due to mass gatherings being hotspots for the virus spread.

Sep 3, 2016
Probably because alcohol is in the grocery stores. Churches are not shut down from worship. Just gatherings more than 10 people and the 10 have to be 6ft apart due to mass gatherings being hotspots for the virus spread.
See www.worldometers.info real time numbers what people are dying from: Jan. 1, 2020 to current time as we speak. (suicides, abortions, aids/hiv, etc.)