Do Animals Enter Condemnation or Paradise?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Well? Do animals get thrown into the lake of fire, or..?
Why do they die at all? Do they die the second death, and why/why not?
Do animals sin?

Please indicate how answers are justified through scripture, and thanks =]

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I feel like we spiritually are different from animals. I do not know what happens to them when they die, but I know I've loved some animals enough to want to see them in Heaven.

I remember a psalm that mentions Gods tender mercy over ALL His works, and the animals who may not have been guilty of what man has may indeed keep some sense of self and continue in spirit if God so willed it.

This is a topic I feel pretty ignorant about.

Since I started typing this I decided to look into the bible and found another interesting verse in ecclesiastes 3.

I feel like verse 21 is as to say, this isn't something man knows in general.

19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

DeanM

May 4, 2021
Man was created in the image of God. God breathed life into Adam. What is the image of God? I think this means man has a soul. Breath of God? I believe the breath is the Holy Spirit. Scripture doesnt say that God breathed life in all living creatures. So as much as I would like to think my little dog would go to heaven, I think not. I dont see the animals being cast into hell either. But, God doesnt tell us everything so I dont think anyone knows for sure.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Will any here say women do nothave souls?

When we come to believe God and receive the gift of faith, He begins a work in each of us that will not be completed until His Great Day.

Listen to our Savior on the seven brothers having had one and the same woman to wife successively after each's demise.

This should reveal to all that when our Maker said let us make man in our image , He is talking about how we well all appear in the Kigdom.

Another clue to this truth is the truth taht we will be just like Jesus Yeshua come the Kingdom, not that will be He, but just as He.

In the sight of our Maker we are all the same, just the same, and we, because we have called upon the Only name that saves, will be made exactly in His image.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Do animals sin?

I believe that animals do not sin and therefore are not judged. I’m not sure if they go to heaven or cease to exist. In any case, after an animal dies, the animal does not suffer.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Admittedly I am an animal lover and have had beloved pets all my life, however, I personally believe that none of the current animals that we have shall exist in the eternity.

The most common scriptures to use to prove animals shall be is in Isaiah:

Isa 11:6-10
6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. (KJV)

I personally believe these are metaphors and not literal examples. I think we all know that no children will be born or exist at that time so I believe we can assume the point here is that there will be complete peace and safety, explained in a way that people of that day could understand.

Here are some verses that I believe show differently:

Jeremiah 7:20 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.

Zephaniah 1:1 The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah.
Zephaniah 1:2 I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD.
Zephaniah 1:3 I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD.
Zephaniah 1:4 I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests;
Zephaniah 1:5 And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by Malcham;
Zephaniah 1:6 And them that are turned back from the LORD; and those that have not sought the LORD, nor enquired for him.
Zephaniah 1:7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.
Zephaniah 1:8 And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD'S sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.
Zephaniah 1:9 In the same day also will I punish all those that leap on the threshold, which fill their masters' houses with violence and deceit.
Zephaniah 1:10 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD, that there shall be the noise of a cry from the fish gate, and an howling from the second, and a great crashing from the hills.
Zephaniah 1:11 Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.
Zephaniah 1:12 And it shall come to pass at that time, that I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil.
Zephaniah 1:13 Therefore their goods shall become a booty, and their houses a desolation: they shall also build houses, but not inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, but not drink the wine thereof.
Zephaniah 1:14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
Zephaniah 1:15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
Zephaniah 1:16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.
Zephaniah 1:17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
Zephaniah 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Ezekiel 32:13 I will destroy also all the beasts thereof from beside the great waters; neither shall the foot of man trouble them any more, nor the hoofs of beasts trouble them.

Hos 4:3 Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.

Looks to me that God says he will kill all animals during the 7th trump.

Animals at least for Adam were created as helpmeets, yet they were not enough so Eve was created. I suspect that we will not need animal helpmeets in the eternity.

Ps 49:20
20 Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.
KJV

Ps 49:12
12 Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.
KJV

Jer 50:3
3 For out of the north there cometh up a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate, and none shall dwell therein: they shall remove, they shall depart, both man and beast.
KJV

Jer 51:62
62 Then shalt thou say, O LORD, thou hast spoken against this place, to cut it off, that none shall remain in it, neither man nor beast, but that it shall be desolate for ever.
KJV

Man as in human beings shall no longer exist either. Human flesh will be no more.

Jer 33:10
10 Thus saith the LORD; Again there shall be heard in this place, which ye say shall be desolate without man and without beast, even in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, that are desolate, without man, and without inhabitant, and without beast,
KJV

Eccl 3:19-21
19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
KJV

Man's spirit goes up to heaven, but the spirit of animals go downward. It's God's way. I trust that God knows what's best.

The only mention of an animal in the eternity chapters of Revelation is the Lamb, which is Jesus Christ and not a literal lamb.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Do animals sin?

when you have children and their pets die this can be an issue. our dog died just a few days ago was in the family for 16 years.
to understand the animals and creation God has placed man to steward and oversee all of it.

Man failed the context of animals was they lived until man sinned which God took skins from animals to cover Adam and Eve.
The moral of the story is this YOUR Sin affected more than just you. Something had to die to give you life and a covering for sin.

Once Jesus comes back and restores what man did in sinning the animal too will be back to order the lion will lay down with the lamb,

Feb 21, 2016
My son once had a hamster that I let roam around a small room after cleaning up to make sure he didn't eat anything.Ended up missing a small piece of chocolate stuck to the floor and he died 2 days later.Pretty sure I saw him take his last breath and saw a white puff of smoke rise from his body up into the air.

Mar 4, 2020
Do animals sin?

Is there any written record of God providing animals with a law? If yes, then if any animal transgressions a single point in the animal law would be guilty of high treason against the Creator of the universe. As far as I know there is no such thing and animals don't have a savior to save them grace through faith from sin.

All that being said, probably no need for judgement and second death because where there is not a law to transgress there is no knowledge of sin. Where there is no knowledge of sin there is no guilt.

I believe God is not going to bring judgment upon animals regardless of what they do or don't do. So heaven or hell for animals seems pointless to me.

Final thoughts, the Bible neither confirms nor denies if there are animals in the afterlife. However, one day there will be a New Heaven and New Earth where only righteousness dwells. Seems fitting to have animals on the New Earth because that was God's original intent on this current Earth.

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
I hope there’s some cute cuddly animals in heaven. God created so many beautiful birds, I hope there’s beautiful birds in heaven also. But it’s up to Him! He probably has a lot surprises lined up for those who make it.

Apr 12, 2021
I believe so because God is able, even though He has not explicitly revealed it to us in the Book.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't see why not. The same breath that animates them also animates us.

Animals were good when created and only fell due to man's sin.

All of creation is to be restored... which God has spoken by the mouth
of all His holy prophets since the world began. <- from Acts 3:21

Hello Post :)

Apr 12, 2021
God created all living things before he created man, and all that God created before man, God said was "good." All of that which God created He created for His purposes. It was man that sinned against God, not animals, but animals have been paying a heavy price for man's sin ever since. I believe when God restores all, God will restore the animals.

BrokenSparrow

Sep 12, 2016
I don't think animals go to heaven or hell. Seems to me that they just cease to exist when they die. That's just my opinion, though.

Why do they die at all?
Not sure exactly why they die, but if they didn't then the world would have already been overrun with them. I don't think they have the capability of sinning because they do not understand sin or laws.

I'm not sure if any animals had died before the sin of Adam and Eve, however, it is a widely held belief that God committed the first animal sacrifice to give Adam and Eve clothing of animal skin after their sin.

Then later, Abel killed and offered a sheep to God for a sacrifice. This was accepted by God. It was not considered murder.

Cain got jealous and killed Abel and was labeled a murderer.

So it seems that animal life is not held in the same esteem as human life.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I hope there’s some cute cuddly animals in heaven. God created so many beautiful birds, I hope there’s beautiful birds in heaven also. But it’s up to Him! He probably has a lot surprises lined up for those who make it.
The earth will be restored to its original perfect condition. So there will be plenty of creatures on earth living in perfect harmony. But Heaven is for those who have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Do animals sin?

To my knowledge animals do not have a soul thus they are not judged for sin.