Do demons possess children?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Galatea

Did you see me one time state what you imply...all I did was quote a verse that states clearly that the wicked go astray straight from the womb....I said noting of demon possession....take a pill serious...
I don’t take pills. Which either explains my uptight attitude or my saber sharp logic.

I made a deduction.

(A) The title of the thread is “Can children be demon possessed?”
(B) You posted “the wicked are from the womb” with no explanation
(C) I very logically deduced that you must think that children can be demon possessed

Mar 27, 2013
I'm in the US but from a Caribbean church and attend one too. I love my Haitian people but yes, like everyone else in the Caribbean their mindset is different. Like they will tell you, 'You haven't seen what I have seen'.

And no, they do not try to harm kids. They believe in prayer. The population is split between Voodooism and Christianity. Both side are pretty open about it. It's a different world over there.

Oh but this is straying from the topic... Thank you 'Galatea' for your fast replies :)

notuptome

May 17, 2013
If folks continue to allow physicians to prescribe drugs, opioids, for their children we will certainly have a generation that is so impaired they will seek to destroy themselves.

We have children 8-10 years old plotting murder and other major acts of violence against other children. In the middle east they teach children of this age group to be homicide bombers.

Almost sounds like demons are the least of our concerns for our children.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
Seriously, demons. Look up the translation. Demons in your thinking never existed. It's basically another historical term mis-understood, and is more accurately described as " letting fleshly desires take over" or self will. I think the word comes from demoniac.

Roughly.

Dec 12, 2013
I don’t take pills. Which either explains my uptight attitude or my saber sharp logic.

I made a deduction.

(A) The title of the thread is “Can children be demon possessed?”
(B) You posted “the wicked are from the womb” with no explanation
(C) I very logically deduced that you must think that children can be demon possessed
Yeah....assume can also be another word in place of deduction...... ;)

Apr 15, 2017
Small children,and babies,cannot be demon possessed,for the devil cannot touch them,for they are spiritually protected by angels in that vulnerable state where they do not know correctly right from wrong.

Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Co 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

Angels are sent to minster to all who shall inherit salvation,and angels are last in the authority structure of God,which they desire to look in to the salvation of the saints,for they will have a higher position than the angels in heaven.God loves the angels but all things were created for people,which without the plan of God coming in flesh,He would of not created anything He created.

Mat 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

The little ones have angels,and angels are only sent to those who shall inherit eternal life,and protect them spiritually,so it would appear that if the little ones perish they do not have condemnation,but salvation,or at least no punishment.

We are not blamed for Adam and Eve's sin,for that is on them,and their sin,but when Adam and Eve sinned by eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil then it gave them a choice,and all their offspring have a choice between good and evil.

Adam and Eve were created knowing God,and having a relationship with Him,and it would of never entered their mind to eat of the tree if an outside source did not tempt them,so God allowed the devil to tempt Eve which she sinned,and then Eve was the outside source that tempted Adam by showing him it was alright to eat of that tree for she did not die,and Adam sinned.

All their offspring are then born not knowing God,and not having a relationship with Him,and have a choice between good and evil,which they will sin before they do right by following God,if they do follow God.

So small children,and babies,are innocent,and have no sin attached to them,so they do not have punishment due to them,and have angels to spiritually protect them during their vulnerable state in which they can not choose correctly right from wrong.

When the Bible says that God knew a person was a transgressor from the womb does not mean they were actually a transgressor from the womb,but would not give heed to the truth later on in life,for small children,and babies,are innocent.

You know the saying innocent until proven guilty,so they are innocent until proven guilty later on when they sin,for all people will sin before they follow God in the truth,for all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God.

Small children,and babies,cannot be demon possessed,for the devil cannot affect them spiritually,for their angels always behold the face of the Father for the little ones,and angels are only sent to minister to those who shall inherit eternal life,and are favored by God.

Dec 21, 2012
Question 1: Do you believe that children can be possessed? And how far down in age would you go?
Psalm 58:[SUP]3 [/SUP]The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

I do not believe there has been any case of an infant possessed.

There is a report from ABC news but seeing how technically, it is not confirmed by the news reporter, it can only be treated with a fair amount of skepticism, especially in how they use those exorcisms as evidence towards their belief about that portal to hell.

Priest performs exorcism on child caught up in portal to Hell in Gary, Indiana, home | abc13.com

The Bible calls us to be humble like a child and it also says that the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to 'such as these'

According to my pastor, toddlers and infants are too innocent. I guess I am wondering at what age exactly would you start to question their behaviors/mannerisms.

Question 2: What if your 8-12 year old child told you they were attracted to someone of the same sex...?

Bible Verses:

But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them! For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

- Matthew 19:14

Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be mature.
- 1Corinthians 14:20

and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 18:3
Those references is about how religious people have to surrender in receiving the kingdom of God as a child would, by taking Jesus at His word and believe in Him.

Matthew 11:[SUP]25 [/SUP]At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.[SUP] 26 [/SUP]Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.[SUP] 27 [/SUP]All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.[SUP] 28 [/SUP]Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.[SUP] 29 [/SUP]Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.[SUP]30 [/SUP]For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Since it is the Father that reveals His Son to even babes, and hidden from the intellectual scholars of the world, there really is no reason to wait for the infants to get older to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Good News to man & babies too!!!

S/N I hope no one gets offended by my questions... I do not have kids but have nieces and a nephew. Let's be honest, kids can be so evil sometimes... I always pray for my little beauties and for others around me.
They can be evil without being demonically possessed to be that way. It is our sinful nature.

People joke about it, but managing kids can begin with cutting back on their sugar intake, their caffeine, and chocolate.

Sometime an allergy to a certain food may trigger that too, but rarely any one would notice that to report it enough to determine a common factor in what makes kids hyper and unmanageable.

Sometime a trauma may be responsible. It could be because of an act of betrayal or extreme insecurities or an evil act.

Then there is that medical reason for why some kids are the way they are... attention deficit disorder... and other stuff.

So it would be best to lean on Jesus Christ for guidance in discerning the root cause of the behavior, because not every evil brat is demonically possessed.

I recollect a true story about our former pastor where he got a phone call about a kid being demonically possessed. He heard something over the phone and so he had asked who said that? Whoever he was talking to referred to some other person in the room. The pastor told them to send that person out of the house. As it turned out, the kid was not possessed, traumatized as he was in having a fit and all, but the one sent out of the house was possessed, because the kid got calm after that. I never got the rest of the story regarding that person that really was possessed that went out of the house but by the way it was told to me, the pastor performed the exorcism on that one for the reason why everybody believed it was that person. So an actual possessed person can cause afflictions on another.. even a child.

Also. there is a local ministry that had collected all things of occult in some kind of call for believers to repent of those things and they put it all in a pile and burned it. Out of the flames came a face and a scream was heard coming out of the fire.

Kind of makes me wonder if objects of the occult can influence or afflict christians that way too, without possessing them.

At any rate, if a friend or relative is citing some child as demonic, you might want to ask Him if the person citing it is in need of help, because of what had happened below at this link.

https://conservativetribune.com/mother-exorcism-infant-next/

Scary to think of someone helpless like that at the mercy of a mother not in self control nor sane, but it has happened for other reasons too.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Seriously, demons. Look up the translation. Demons in your thinking never existed. It's basically another historical term mis-understood, and is more accurately described as " letting fleshly desires take over" or self will. I think the word comes from demoniac.

Roughly.
Yours is an interesting theory. I'd have to ask you though, in Luke 8, what was it that went out from the Gerasene demoniac and into the swine, and subsequently drove them into the lake? Fleshly desires?

G

Galatea

Yeah....assume can also be another word in place of deduction...... ;)
I will not apply the use of logic when reading your posts from this point. Apparently, deductive reasoning is not practiced here, very much.

Aug 8, 2017
No actually is smacks of Psalm 58:3

Psalm 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
But from what womb and which birth is this talking about?

U

Ugly

Thank you for your response 'Ugly'
Trust me I am the last person to go to extremes and start labeling children as evil and such. However, I have encountered countless people (at church) that brand either their own kids or other people's kids as evil or even possessed. I, personally do not see kids that way. I can see the innocence in their eyes.
I am a leader and teacher in the children's ministry at my church; which is sadly where I am encountering a lot of these wild opinions. I posed the question to broaden my view point; along with reading and studying the Bible, I hope to be able to better answer these people.
Often times people like this are religious more than having a genuine relationship with God their understanding of spiritual matters more closely resembles superstition than biblical facts. They are more prone to believe cultural or familial stories and standards over truth.
The subject of demon possession is not gone into great detail in the bible. This makes giving clear teachings in it difficult. Inly ones that investigate the bible, as a whole, can begin forming some semblance of an idea on how some of it night go, but even that can be iffy.
Perhaps combining what can be found in the bible with other options, such as I mentioned before, the two can work together to educate people.

Dec 12, 2013
I will not apply the use of logic when reading your posts from this point. Apparently, deductive reasoning is not practiced here, very much.
You should try to be a little bit more mouthy....your not quite hitting the rude mark yet....close though ;) HAH geeze

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Demons are scared of my kids.

Dec 12, 2013
Yea.. or do u believe once saved always saved?
The context is clear and is indicative of physical birth.....and the bible teaches eternal security regardless of any and all who believe it or choose not to believe.....

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
But in Mark 9:22, a desperate father brings his young son to the disciples, begging them to heal him of an evil spirit that "often throws him into fire or water, trying to kill him." (I have heard some say that today, the child would have probably been diagnosed as having epilepsy as a way for the medical community to explain it, which was just their own personal speculations--I am certainly NOT SAYING AT ALL that epilepsy is demon possession.)
I think it is written that the son was referred unto as having a dumb spirit, not an evil spirit. And in such, I wouldn't interpret it to be physiological but rather a reflection upon the way the father raised the son, hence the father saying " Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." [See Deut 6:7]

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; Eph 4:14

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2 Tim 3:7

Nov 6, 2017
Question 1: Do you believe that children can be possessed? And how far down in age would you go?

The Bible calls us to be humble like a child and it also says that the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to 'such as these'

According to my pastor, toddlers and infants are too innocent. I guess I am wondering at what age exactly would you start to question their behaviors/mannerisms.

Question 2: What if your 8-12 year old child told you they were attracted to someone of the same sex...?

Bible Verses:

But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them! For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

- Matthew 19:14

Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be mature.
- 1Corinthians 14:20

and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 18:3

S/N I hope no one gets offended by my questions... I do not have kids but have nieces and a nephew. Let's be honest, kids can be so evil sometimes... I always pray for my little beauties and for others around me.
NO, they cannot be

Dec 12, 2013
This is not being demonized and more about the sin nature inherited from Adam.
2nd Time....did I state anywhere in my 4 or 5 posts that this = demonic possession?....come on guys....I JUST POSTED a scripture about the wicked and their state from birth.......

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
I'd have to ask you though, in Luke 8, what was it that went out from the Gerasene demoniac and into the swine, and subsequently drove them into the lake? Fleshly desires?
What made you believe that swine would drown if driven into the lake?

[video=youtube;5eXBmCemmus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eXBmCemmus[/video]