Do we need to repent more than once to stay saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Should a person continue to ask for forgiveness after salvation.

• Total voters

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
It is just his little you tube attack against the body of Christ.

he is trying to get that accuser of the brethren thingy down pat.

nahh
he and and his buddies perfected it.

it is like a rotting carcass he proudly sports wearing it proudly
The real body of Christ does not reject certain scriptures as not being scripture.

In the Jesus seminar, they sought to judge that certain things that were spoken by the Lord were not really spoken by Him; and they sought to determine which verses counted as such.

Revelation 22:18-19 clearly condemns the Jesus seminar as being something that is not agreed to by those who are truly born again...that is, the body of Christ.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
well then explain why so many others are also disagreeing with you
Maybe I'm one of the two witnesses...

(I don't think that that is what I am; but I am making a point here).

Everyone in the world will disagree with them and their words will torment those who dwell upon the earth.

Nevertheless, they are going to have the absolute truth and will proclaim it to those who have rejected it with one accord.

Dec 9, 2011
Again Jesus does say to sin no more.And what does sin no more mean?
Sin has bad consequences to the body but, the Spirit of just men was made perfect and by the mercies of GOD we should present our bodies a LIVING sacrifice which Is a reasonable thing to do.

So then sin does not affect salvation because the Spirit of just men was made perfect but the body Is not perfect yet and we are In the process of continued sanctification.

So sin no more means the body can receive the bad consequences of sin.

Aug 20, 2021
I think sin no more means sin no more,but again its one of those tuff sayings who can understand him?Many of us might say.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
I noticed in your post the meaning no 1 is "mature" (brought to its end, finished).
that is basically strenghtening the perfect = mature rendering.

In 1 cor 2 it seems to ONLY point to mature
teleiois teleiois G5046 a_ Dat Pl m mature
1 cor 2
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect ["mature" (hands down in the greek)]: yet not the wisdom of this world .......
Consider the following.

Heb 10:1, For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Heb 10:2, For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

Now, considering that the word "perfect" actually means "mature" we need to understand that if anyone is mature, they will have no more conscience of sins.

Therefore, are they simply oblivious to what is in all reality there in their lives?

Consider.

1Jo 1:7, But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we are walking in the light, will not any sin that is present in our lives be exposed to the light and brought out into the open?

Even as it is written,

Jhn 3:20, For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21, But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Therefore, if I am walking in the light, and am not sanctified in the sense of being set free from sin, my sin will be exposed; and I will continue to have a conscience of sins.

If I am mature, I do not any longer have any conscience of sins. Which indicates that perfect, in Hebrews 10:1 (and everywhere else in scripture) does indeed mean "perfect".

Consider also the following.

Col 1:21, And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
Col 1:22, In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Jde 1:24, Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

"holy", "unblameable", "unreproveable".

"faultless"

Are you going to come up with alternate meanings for these words also? Do these words also not mean "perfect"?

I suppose that we can cross off holy...for that has been re-defined as "set apart" (however in this re-definition, the word "holy" has been stripped of its meaning, impaho).

One might be able to cross off "unblameable" as referring to outward righteousness and holiness (except that God, in Hebrews 4:13, tells us that everything is open and naked to His sight; and this also refers to the inward parts of a man, which are either righteous or unrighteous (Matthew 23:25-28).

I don't think that anyone can cross off "unreprovaeable" or "faultless" however.

Dec 9, 2011
I think sin no more means sin no more,but again its one of those tuff sayings who can understand him?Many of us might say.
SIN no more would be Impossible because of the weakness of the flesh.In the sermon on the Mount,JESUS explains that even If you commit adultery In your heart you are guilty of adultery.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
SIN no more would be Impossible because of the weakness of the flesh.In the sermon on the Mount,JESUS explains that even If you commit adultery In your heart you are guilty of adultery.
It bears repeating:

Rom 8:12 (NLT), Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Also consider this:

Jas 1:14, But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15, Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Therefore it is not necessarily a sin to lust or have a desire; while lust , when it is conceived, brings forth sin.

Dec 9, 2011
It bears repeating:

Rom 8:12 (NLT), Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do.
Not having an obligation to do what the sinful nature wants you to do does not mean you will not do what the sinful nature wants to do.
Romans 7:20-23
King James Version

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Dec 9, 2011
Also consider this:

Jas 1:14, But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15, Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Therefore it is not necessarily a sin to lust or have a desire; while lust , when it is conceived, brings forth sin.
That's why we ask GOD to forgive us of our sins because although the Spirit of a Just man Is made perfect the flesh Is weak.

Dec 9, 2011

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
We have a prayer room on the side of the sanctuary and every Sunday we pray In there before service and there Is a brother that Is praying to GOD and asking for forgiveness Every Sunday,If he doesn't do this will he still be saved?
Yes.

He is not saved because of his own words or his own knowledge. He is saved, and kept saved, by the Power of Christ, by the Will of God.

If the Holy Spirit has put it on his heart to ask for forgiveness every sunday then I guess that is between him and God.

To me, asking for forgiveness all the time is almost a form of unbelief. But asking every once in a while is kind of like foot washing. No matter how well you are following Christ you will need your feet washed every once in a while...

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Only because I wanted it to be clear that my answer was to the question and quoting the scripture in question would have detracted from that.

I suppose I could have done what I did above but I wasn't thinking to do that at that moment.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
The element of sin within us can be destroyed (Romans 6:6) and put away from us (Colossians 2:11).

Consider this as you meditate on the scriptures that you have quoted above.