Do you believe in the supernatural???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sillychick723
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oh no...it's really all around you. I hadn't believed before, however witnessin these things showed me to believe the unbelievable, and in the supernatural. So when I went to a church and the pastor said to think about what that cross means, for the first time I believed it is real. I just learned not to attempt to speak to deaf people, it only makes ME appear crazy, not the deaf person. And we most certainly are important, however we learn with experience that we can't make anybody see or believe
 
This interest can be an extremely dangerous slope.


Those who know me on here may know that I grew up in the church, but fell away into paganism for about 5-6 years before God sent someone to bring me home to Him. My fall into demonic worship, astral projection attempts--among other things, came from my interest in the supernatural. I wanted to understand angels AND demons..

My failure: I did not focus on Christ. When I did not focus on Christ, I began to sink. Little by little, I was sucked into this world and before I understood what was going on with me spiritually I was in too deep. I reached a point where I hated God so much that I literally stabbed a bible.

Thinking back on that frightens me. I urge you, brothers and sisters, that as you consider the spiritual realities of angels and demons, that you keep your mind and eyes focused on Christ.

That's just my two cents. I'm not saying anyone here is doing anything wrong, but I saw the topic and it made me shudder with memory :(
 
A belief in the supernatural has been held by many cultures for most of history, almost everything else believed as existing by as many people and as many witnesses, is not something we question the existence of. More people have claimed to find evidence supernatural things exist than claim to find evidence of Jesus, yet here we are on a website of people with an basis for being for people who believe in jesus discussing whether or not more people than even everybody who could identify with the theme of this website are believing in something which is real or not?
 
Just thought I would share this story I saw from a paper recently that gave a number of facts about the White House.

During the War Winston Churchill stayed at the White House. One day he came out of his bathroom and into the bedroom
where he saw standing by the fire place the Ghost of Abraham Lincoln. He greeted Lincoln who just smiled at him and vanished! A number of people have seen him there over the years.
 
Since this is a Christian forum, I wonder how many of you actually believe in supernatural occurances such as:
Healings, demonic manifestations, deliverance & prophetic messages. Please share your thoughts.

We are supernatural beings living in a material world, not material beings living in a supernatural world. Christians today get that twisted and that's why so many believe virtually nothing.
 
Healings, demonic manifestations, deliverance & prophetic messages. Please share your thoughts.

ALL of these are shown to be true in God's written Word... just be weary of those seeking to play Holy Ghost over your life by claiming God is telling them to tell you that God has specific instructions for you.

The Lord will do that with you personally. Lots of folks get "prophetic messages" from preachers or church members that led them into the ditch and many never recover from it.

It would be better to wait upon the Lord and expect Him to direct you thru the written Word and the Holy Spirit to you directly since after all ... HE is your Lord.
 
amen sister, the churches are spiritually dead, and have been a long time, I wish we could live the book of acts, god bless you.
 
If anyone has had experiences of the supernatural as my wife and I have recently and in the past they would not just believe in it they will know without a doubt.
 
I have been tormented by a demon before, heard its voice and everything. Was very painful and very terrifying.

I can definitely say spirits exist. And I can say that there are evil spirits who are entirely lying about their identity. Just as we were warned they were.
 
I have been tormented by a demon before, heard its voice and everything. Was very painful and very terrifying.

I can definitely say spirits exist. And I can say that there are evil spirits who are entirely lying about their identity. Just as we were warned they were.

The one I heard did a perfect impersonation of my wife.
 
amen sister, the churches are spiritually dead, and have been a long time, I wish we could live the book of acts, god bless you.

Be prepared for persecution of a kind you have not seen before then in America. I know what you mean but I disagree that the churches are spiritually dead. Some are spiritually dead but not all. Those which are dead are not of Christ. God bless.
 
Everything the early church experienced is still available and happening---even raising the dead...
 
Yep.. I believe supernatural exists on all sides God and enemy. And also I believe that we must wear our spiritual armour according to Ephesians 6 for we wrestle not against flesh and blood.
That should wrap it up
 
The one I heard did a perfect impersonation of my wife.

Yup, I had a similar experience once. The being that spoke to me has had a different sounding voice before.

This is just (meaningless) speculation, but I have thought about it before. They are not of flesh like we are. So I kinda imagine that they arent limited to muscles when they speak, that such a thing must be completely different for them, and that they have the ability to speak in whatever voice they wish.

Theres nothing biblical about that, that I know of. Is just a thought I had once.
 
if you met satan what does he look like

Ive heard that the book of Enoch (Ive never read it myself) describes what the angels look like, and from what Ive heard
they sound like they would be terrifying to us : p

Im sure they are much larger than us, and look like what we would consider "monsters", haha. But I really have no idea. I often wonder about that, though. They are spirits. So I often wonder stuff like, are spirits really translucent? Do they glow? We wont know until were shown, though.

Oh, I also have seen some testimonies on youtube about people who claimed to have seen heaven, and I remember this one woman saying that she saw angels that were massive in height. Its possible that satan could be much bigger than the average human being. I mean the angels are greater than man, so I wouldnt be surprised if they were bigger than us in general.
 
i went to the spiritual world and met a demon name abbadon but he didn't hurt me he just wanted to do sexual stuff he said he wouldn't hurt me if i obeyed him and i did but when i told the christians on another christian chat they freaked out and said i cant even type his name on there fourm