Do you believe that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

• Total voters

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
It is written in scripture that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only.

Tims

Mar 14, 2024
www.biblesearch.es
1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

A person is justified by works, and not by faith alone.

For a person must labor for the kingdom of God, and physically help people with their needs, for if not then their faith does not apply.

For to have faith a person must have the right perspective of God's kingdom that it is based on love.

We are not saved by works but saved by faith when we first repent of our sins, and confess Christ, for that is all we can do.

But when we receive the Spirit then we have to have works of love for if not then our faith is void, and it is not a part time thing but all the time.

Paul said out of faith, hope, and charity, love in action, works, charity is the greatest.

And faith works by love so no love then no faith which a person has to go by the true definition of love in the Bible for faith to apply in their life.

Love is greater than faith, and faith works by love.

Paul said he could have all faith so that he could remove mountains, but if he did not have charity then he is nothing.

Which Paul is speaking when a person receives the Spirit.

Paul said if any person preaches godliness is gain from such withdraw yourselves having food and clothing be content.

For the love of money is the root of all evil for it neglects the poor and needy and that is not love which love is the fulfilling of the law.

Which some coveting after money have erred from the faith.

James said if a person does not have charity by pointing out helping people with their needs then their faith is dead.

So Paul and James say the same thing with Paul saying they erred from the faith, and James saying their faith is dead, which they are both speaking of doing works of love after receiving the Spirit to have faith apply in your life to be saved.

John said is a person does not have charity then the love of God does not dwell in them.

So do not love in word, neither in tongue, but in deeds, works, and in truth.

Love is only valid if it is done in action which James pointed out if a person does not have works can faith save them, for if a person says unto them, Depart in peace, be warmed and filled; notwithstanding you give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Faith does not profit if you do not have works of love towards people because love is greater than faith, and faith works by love.

If faith works by love, and you do not have love, then how can faith work in your life if love is not there, for only by love can faith work.

So a person is justified by works and not faith alone for without works of love towards people then faith is dead for love is not there, so faith cannot be there.

We have to have love to have faith active in our life.

Which is to help people with their needs whatever that may be.

Without love we are not saved.

But there are millions of people claiming Christianity that go by their wants, which the Bible says they pray amiss asking for things to pile upon their lusts, and do not help out the poor like they should, and then say they are saved by faith, but they do not have love so they do not have faith to be saved.

The Bible also says that love does not think an evil thought, and does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth to abstain from sin by the Spirit to be Christlike which a Spirit led person will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh so there is no excuse.

Which the Bible says the Lord knows them that are His having this seal that those that name the name of Christ depart from iniquity for that what seals them to be with Jesus.

Which Jesus said not all people that say Lord Lord shall be with Him for they were workers of iniquity.

Which some have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof, ever learning and never able to come to the truth, which they believe they are right with God but they are lovers of pleasures more than lovers of Him.

They are not led of the Spirit but want to enjoy sin, and go by their wants, and believe they still have salvation, but it is not love so they do not have faith.

Which the Bible says turn away from these type of people for their hypocrisy does not represent Christianity right.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
That does not mean that an individual is not justified. It means that they are unspiritual. I have met many Christians who are gifted but hard as nails. I used to be one until God changed my heart. The Christian life is a journey. No one starts out perfect.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
No, a person isn't justified by works; good works are the fruit of faith. True faith always produces good works. James tells us that faith without works is dead. In other words, if a person doesn't produce fruit in keeping with faith, it can only mean they have no true faith.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Faith without works is dead.
Our works will never attone us. (Make us right ). It is a gift from God.
Our works will never make us justified

Justification is by faith alone.

But if your works do not reflect the change, your faith is not real.

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
I believe that faith and obedience to God are both essential elements of the Christian life, and that obedience to God is not legalism.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
It is written in scripture that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only.
The work we are given to do is to repent and believe the good news ... embark on all the do-gooding you like, it won't save you

I like Trump's little story about the silly woman who was so compassionate and kind ... to a snake.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
The work we are given to do is to repent and believe the good news ... embark on all the do-gooding you like, it won't save you

I like Trump's little story about the silly woman who was so compassionate and kind ... to a snake.
When the church get's a grip on all that believing the gospel means ... then you see the works

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
In mathew 28:19, Jesus commanded those of us who are saved to:

Go (action verb)

Make (action verb)

Disciples of all nations (subject)

This statement by Jesus was not written in passive voice. It is a command requiring immediate action.

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
No, a person isn't justified by works; good works are the fruit of faith. True faith always produces good works. James tells us that faith without works is dead. In other words, if a person doesn't produce fruit in keeping with faith, it can only mean they have no true faith.

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
What is written isn't as important as correctly interpreting what is written. If you wan to believe you have work to be justified before God, then by all means that's your right and privilege.

vassal

Jan 20, 2024

For me, works are part of the teachings of Christ, they show who you are who you belong to ( Christ) it confirms your faith, and show the light Christ brought to the world, we should not hide it but by works show it and give the example. It is part of a true believer's life to put into application what Christ thought us.

Jhn 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Jhn 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Jhn 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Mrk 4:21 And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick?
Mrk 4:22 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
Mrk 4:23 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
Mrk 4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
Mrk 4:25 For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

Blessings.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Works are evidence of faith, but they do not produce faith. In fact, the opposite is true...Ephesians 2:8-10. But works are a very unreliable evidence of faith, as any outward behavior can be imitated void of its inward reality. This is why Jesus said you will know them by their fruit, and not by their works. It is impossible to parrot the fruit of the Spirit. It is either present or not.

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
Works are evidence of faith, but they do not produce faith. In fact, the opposite is true...Ephesians 2:8-10. But works are a very unreliable evidence of faith, as any outward behavior can be imitated void of its inward reality. This is why Jesus said you will know them by their fruit, and not by their works. It is impossible to parrot the fruit of the Spirit. It is either present or not.
Do you believe it is written in scripture that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Do you believe it is written in scripture that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?
Yep. I already said as much. But only as his works evidence a true inward motive that is reflected in his faith.
When you start with a verse and form your doctrine to the neglect of the whole of scripture, you will in general err in doctrine.