Do you believe the gospel given to the apostle Paul by Christ ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
Do you believe Christ died for our sins as the gospel of your salvation ?

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

For you to be saved you must believe this gospel alone for salvation.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The apostle Paul received this gospel from Christ

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

2Co_5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
The more important question to ask is, "Who gave the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to Jesus?"

I have not spoken from my own authority, but the Father Himself Who sent me has commanded me what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His commandment is eternal life. Thus the things I say, I say just as the Father has told me (John 12:49-50).

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I believe that Jesus died for my sins so that I may receive salvation. I would surmise that most members on this site believe the same.

Dec 9, 2011

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
@Hann57,

Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ?

(continued from our conversation by PM)

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
The more important question to ask is, "Who gave the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to Jesus?"

I have not spoken from my own authority, but the Father Himself Who sent me has commanded me what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His commandment is eternal life. Thus the things I say, I say just as the Father has told me (John 12:49-50).

The gospel of the Kingdom is not important, it is not for us. We are not Israel. Paul was given to gospel by Christ for us today. If you have not yet believed this gospel you are in a very bad place.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
It is clear from holy scripture that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 5:1), @Hann57.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
The gospel of the Kingdom is not important, it is not for us. We are not Israel. Paul was given to gospel by Christ for us today. If you have not yet believed this gospel you are in a very bad place.
Acts 28:30-31: "For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. He proclaimed the Kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!"

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

2Co_5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
As a Christian, yes of course I believe in the New Testament writings of the Apostle Paul. However, it is a huge mistake if Christians ignore the Gospels of Matthew/Mark/Luke/John and all the other New Testament Epistles and books. It's also a mistake if we ignore the Old Testament. Paul's New Testament writings are true but not all inclusive.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
The gospel of the Kingdom is not important,
Is this Opposite Day? It's Opposite Day, right? It must be Opposite Day.

"He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins."

And then there's the Lord's prayer which I hope I do not have to restate.

The gospel of the Kingdom is the central gospel message. The gospel of Salvation is merely one part of the gospel of the Kingdom.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

It is the Same Gospel that the Apostles wrote about..... Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.....

In fact, the Gospel of John is VERY, VERY important to believe for salvation, is it not?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
ALL OF SCRIPTURE is important and relevant for the Church.............I see you are in the "Two Gospel" camp.............yeah, I'll pass on that falicy

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The gospel of the Kingdom is not important, it is not for us. We are not Israel. Paul was given to
gospel by Christ for us today. If you have not yet believed this gospel you are in a very bad place.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:28

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
As a Christian, yes of course I believe in the New Testament writings of the Apostle Paul. However, it is a huge mistake if Christians ignore the Gospels of Matthew/Mark/Luke/John and all the other New Testament Epistles and books. It's also a mistake if we ignore the Old Testament. Paul's New Testament writings are true but not all inclusive.
Precious friend, depends IF They Are Rightly Divided, And Rightly applied, or not!:

God's Approval/TWO Different Gospels
Distinctions In God's Two Different Programs: Prophecy vs Mystery!

(2 Timothy 2:15; Romans 16:25; Ephesians 1:3-9; Ephesians 3:9 =
Grace/Mystery fellowship {Romans – Philemon}, For ALL, today?)

Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!
God’s Simple Will!

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Acts 28:30-31: "For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. He proclaimed the Kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!"
It's a mistake to equate the gospel of the kingdom with the kingdom of God. The KOG is a spiritual kingdom that lives within the one who received the gospel of the grace of God. It's about righteousness and holiness through Christ. The gospel of the kingdom is the good news of Israel's Messiah, come to deliver Israel and set up an earthly kingdom.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
ALL OF SCRIPTURE is important and relevant for the Church.............I see you are in the "Two Gospel" camp.............yeah, I'll pass on that falicy
The entire Bible is written for you, but not all of it is written to you.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I believe that Paul spoke exactly how Christ spoke, but I do not believe many of the interpretations of Paul's words is correct. Paul believed that to love Christ is to obey him, as the gospels says yet many interpret Paul as being against obedience, and that is just one way Paul is said to oppose Christ.