Do you have a dream job ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

renewed_hope

This is one of my two goals too :D . Not a stay at home, but still a wife and a mom :) .
Yes and on my end, the mom part may be completely out of reach since I may not be able to have children at all, but I can always dream of one day

Dec 14, 2017
Yes and on my end, the mom part may be completely out of reach since I may not be able to have children at all, but I can always dream of one day

Keep in mind Mary's cousin, Elizabeth, who was thought to be barren. God ALWAYS has the final say!

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Angela,
this is what I have always advised my kids (youngest is your age):
In order to find your dream job:
- Find something that you love to do (what is your passion)
- Find something that you are good at (if it is your passion you are likely to dedicate a lot of time to become proficient)
- Find something that someone is willing to pay you for (money is not everything, but if it is sufficient to sustain you and it makes you happy - consider yourself blessed).

Yes, I have a dream job (granted every now and again personalities come and go just enough to make it interesting and cause me pause), but at the end of the day I can say yes to all three of the above.

God Bless

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
I feel sorry for you :( .I pray for you to be able to !

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
Angela,
this is what I have always advised my kids (youngest is your age):
In order to find your dream job:
- Find something that you love to do (what is your passion)
- Find something that you are good at (if it is your passion you are likely to dedicate a lot of time to become proficient)
- Find something that someone is willing to pay you for (money is not everything, but if it is sufficient to sustain you and it makes you happy - consider yourself blessed).

Yes, I have a dream job (granted every now and again personalities come and go just enough to make it interesting and cause me pause), but at the end of the day I can say yes to all three of the above.

God Bless
Thanks for the advice :D ! But that's exactly how I choosed the job I want :) .

Glad you have one !

R

renewed_hope

I feel sorry for you :( .I pray for you to be able to !
It's okay and thank you. Found this out last year and I've accepted it...plus I'm dating someone who doesn't know if he wants to have children even tho he loves them which helps

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
It's okay and thank you. Found this out last year and I've accepted it...plus I'm dating someone who doesn't know if he wants to have children even tho he loves them which helps
Plenty of babies need a momma.

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
Glad to know that ! And no problem .

N

NoNameMcgee

Just curious.

Not necessarily a current one. Even one you, once, had :) .

I'll start saying I wanted to be a veterinary, but then I changed idea, since I'm too sensible with medical conditions and I suffer of trypanophobia.

So, since I was ten, I want to be a cartoonist or a storyboarder/ cartoon characters designer.
Hope this doesn't sound silly.
that doesnt sound silly to me...

to be honest ive been happy in almost every field ive worked in....

but i guess i have been putting a lot of thought into getting a workshop set up...

where i can start making appliances or furniture
maybe mix in some weapons or original ideas as art to give them away or sell them

id love to have that as a side job

and id also like to become part of a ministry and help in what way i can (looking into this already)

G

Gracie_14

My dream job is any kind of job where there are no teenagers around.

Come on, just kidding.

Merry Christmas
: )
oh, were you really kidding Max??? :p

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
that doesnt sound silly to me...

to be honest ive been happy in almost every field ive worked in....

but i guess i have been putting a lot of thought into getting a workshop set up...

where i can start making appliances or furniture
maybe mix in some weapons or original ideas as art to give them away or sell them

id love to have that as a side job

and id also like to become part of a ministry and help in what way i can (looking into this already)
Good luck :) ! And thanks .

student

Jul 20, 2010
Writer preacher or public speaker for me. I'm on my phone or I'd punctuate all that.

student

Jul 20, 2010
I like my calling...read devotionals and bible to others. Sing praise n worship. Bring ppl to idea of a personal relationship and TESTIFY to it

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Retirement To? Avg life length is 7 yrs past nothing...
I could see if you worked until the age of 65-70, then after that do absolutely nothing, making it about 7 more years or less. I've known people who worked for 35-40 years then only living one year or less after retirement. Basically, worked themselves to death. The key is to retire at a younger age (if you can) then you can still work part time for a while, doing something that is not stressful, like being a greeter at Bass Pro Ships. ;)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I could see if you worked until the age of 65-70, then after that do absolutely nothing, making it about 7 more years or less. I've known people who worked for 35-40 years then only living one year or less after retirement. Basically, worked themselves to death. The key is to retire at a younger age (if you can) then you can still work part time for a while, doing something that is not stressful, like being a greeter at Bass Pro Ships. ;)
For my last job I would like to be a greeter at Walmart and hand out the little yellow smiley's.