Do you have a dream job ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
I want to be a mechanic. But alas, I'm going to school for nursing, instead. And I hate germs! Ew.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I want to be a mechanic. But alas, I'm going to school for nursing, instead. And I hate germs! Ew.
Registered nurses make about 80k plus around here. Mechanics make 10 to 15 an hour.

R

renewed_hope

I actually work at my dream job as an accountant for a senior living company. Not only do I work in the field I have my degree in, but I give back to the community by being part of an awesome company who places value in our seniors :)

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
Registered nurses make about 80k plus around here. Mechanics make 10 to 15 an hour.
That is what most mechanics make, which is why I did not pursue anything in that field. I do know of someone who worked for one of the big automotive companies doing mechanic work on cars brought in. He made a good amount. Also, air plain mechanics make a good buck, and some even get to travel for their work. But nursing was a much more sure pathway, and in high demand. And I'm all about making practical decisions. Taking risks stresses me out too much. :p

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
But when I was younger, I wanted to be a penguin.

T

Tinuviel

Uh...a mom? lol. Not a popular answer these days, I confess; but that would be my dream job!

student

Jul 20, 2010
Been there, done that. 15 years in the Nursing home business, I stopped. 3 years later, I'm a PCA. Go figure. Still can't change oil...lol.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
Uh...a mom? lol. Not a popular answer these days, I confess; but that would be my dream job!
If we are talking jobs that do not pay money, then I agree. I actually plan to stop working once I start having kids. Babies need their mommas!

D

Depleted

Obvious question, why are you going to school to become a nurse?

D

Depleted

Has to be fairly popular. After all, every single one of us knows Mom. lol

D

Depleted

Fun thing about dream jobs. No matter how old you are, everyone still has one.

My dream job is to be the co-founder and co- CEO of a charity. The idea was we'd win one of those mega jackpots after the winning ticket blew in our hands.

Hubby wanted to use his money to start a computer-learning/owner charity. Not only did he want to help kids learn how to make and repair computers, (see how old the idea is, considering very few actually buy old-fashioned desktop computers anymore? lol), but once they learned, they'd build their own and take it home. That way they'd get a computer to help with school work, but they also start learning a trade for after school.

Mine was more of a don't-fall-threw-the-cracks kind of charity. The number one reason people need Disability in the US is because they became disabled in their working years. The problem is, everyone needs money to live on, and yet Disability takes 6 months to 2.5 years to go on. No one saves that kind of money to live on while they go through the process. So, I wanted to work with our local Social Security office. The case workers tell me of someone who has no family that can help them financially while applying, and my charity helps them. Once approved, everyone gets back-pay for the time between truly being unable to work and finally getting first check. 80% of that back-pay goes back to the charity to help the next people.

And, if they can't ever get on Disability, then my charity helps them start some kind of home-based business so they can make it on their own without SSDI.

Alas. The winning lottery ticket hasn't blown into our hands.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
Obvious question, why are you going to school to become a nurse?
Because they are in high demand, and an RN degree is very diverse. I would have a lot of options, and am pretty much guaranteed to find a job with it. Or, if I wanted to, I could go on to use it as a foundation and go for a higher degree with it. It's not what my dreamy side would choose, but my practical, ambitious side approves.

Aug 2, 2009
Because they are in high demand, and an RN degree is very diverse. I would have a lot of options, and am pretty much guaranteed to find a job with it. Or, if I wanted to, I could go on to use it as a foundation and go for a higher degree with it. It's not what my dreamy side would choose, but my practical, ambitious side approves.
I thought about going into nursing but I'm too squeamish when it comes to certain things. I love nurses. They're amazing people.... and yes, it is a very good field to go into! :)

Aug 2, 2009
You will probably be glad you didn't become a mechanic. Working on cars these days isn't the same with all of the electronic/computer-controlled equipment and complex systems they have now...

This guy has been a mechanic for 40+ years and owns a shop in texas.... he explains the reason at 1:30...

(there's no swearing in the video)
[video=youtube;CtsQA_Bf27M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtsQA_Bf27M[/video]

Last edited: