Do you have a favorite verse in/from thee Bible?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Acts 20:24

New International Version



24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Caan
I have always been partial to proverbs 26:20. If you stop adding wood to a fire, eventually it goes out. Likewise if you stop running around spreading gossip, eventually drama dies down.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Charlesiii
Proverbs 26:3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
 
Isaiah 41:10
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, I will also help you, I will also uphold you with My righteous right hand.

This scripture has appeared to me in random places enough times when I've needed it that there's no doubt to me that it hasn't been a coincidence. I even had it engraved on a personalized scripture ring.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JaumeJ
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I remember this scripture when I am tired (always as a result of not waiting upon the Lord!)
 
  • Like
Reactions: lisatanner
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I remember this scripture when I am tired (always as a result of not waiting upon the Lord!)
Always a wonderful teaching to rest upon. Thank you, God bless you.
 
Genesis 1:27 - 28
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God created man in His image - male and female, and told them to rule over every living thing on the Earth.