Just a simple yes or no will suffice. If you would like to include a Bible verse that is fine and a short explanation. I know many of you could go in to great depth but please just limit yourselves to your best argument. Thanks.
Thanks for your reply. How about just in general?op: unfettered free will?
Yes, to "present (or to not present) myself a living sacrifice"
(Rom 12:1-2)
Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)!
Just a simple yes or no will suffice. If you would like to include a Bible verse that is fine and a short explanation. I know many of you could go in to great depth but please just limit yourselves to your best argument. Thanks.
Thanks for taking time to respond.I would say people have free will in a general sense. There may be some limitations about what is possible for a human body to do, but people are generally creative enough to invent something to compensate for that.
No.Just a simple yes or no will suffice.
Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."I know many of you could go in to great depth but please just limit yourselves to your best argument.
You are welcomeThanks.
Thanks for your inimitable way of responding. I would love to see you diagram a compound-complex sentence.No.
Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."
Man's will is constrained by too many factors to be rightfully called "free."
You are welcome![]()
You are welcomeThanks for your inimitable way of responding. I would love to see you diagram a compound-complex sentence.
One word at a time of course.You are welcomeThough I am not sure how one would go about diagramming a compound-complex sentence
![]()
Nothing squirrelly about your response. Thanks for sharing.Not sure. Still get the thought flash in my head something like; 'what you doing talking/texting about God'. Not sure if that has anything to do with free will. But now I choose to pray to Father in Jesus name. Often still say when praying my desires are worldly and not Heavenly. Still a bit squirrely maybe.
Ok. That's awesome. I'm still holding out for a word by word diagram.
"Unfettered"? No. Our will is constrained by many things. We do not have the free will ability to create a tree.Just a simple yes or no will suffice. If you would like to include a Bible verse that is fine and a short explanation. I know many of you could go in to great depth but please just limit yourselves to your best argument. Thanks.
Thanks for taking the time to respond."Unfettered"? No. Our will is constrained by many things. We do not have the free will ability to create a tree.
But any human has the free will capacity and ability to choose to believe the Gospel.
Thanks for replying.We have limited free will is my view
God in His Grace gave His human creation free choice to Repent and accept His Free offering of Salvation or reject it ==
God in His Grace gave His created Angels free will to choose to serve Him or Serve Lucifer who had a name change to Satan --
God in His Grace created Humans in His own image and that includes being able to make choices ---
This world is in a sinful state because of the Choices made by Adam and Eve -----
This being said ----that does mean that we can choose to do anything we want -----your choices are limited to your Human nature --------a person can choose to walk over a bridge or not -----but you can't choose to just lift yourself up and fly over the bridge -----so our free will is Limited in that in sense ----
Also the free choice we have has to sides -----bad choices gives bad consequences and good choices have good consequences ----we choose what consequences we want to contend with ------
God says----
Deuteronomy 30:19
Verse Concepts
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,
Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Choosing-God~s-Way
Job 34:4
“Let us choose for ourselves what is right;
Let us know among ourselves what is good.
Job 34:33
Verse Concepts
“Shall He recompense on your terms, because you have rejected it?
For you must choose, and not I;
Therefore declare what you know.
Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Choosing-God~s-Way
Psalm 25:12
Verse Concepts
Who is the man who fears the Lord?
He will instruct him in the way he should choose.
Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Choosing-God~s-Way
Luke 21:14
Verse Concepts
So make up your minds not to prepare beforehand to defend yourselves
Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Choosing-God~s-Way