DO YOU LOVE GODS LAW?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mitspa
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
That is very interesting, so while pulling the trigger, if I do it in love, it is not a sin?

I see now how confused individuals can justify abortion.
Love would never murder...but if you don't love? God says you are already a murderer in your heart ... So you think that the bible is wrong? That love fulfills all the laws of God? Or do you love legalism more than Gods law? Maybe you love your own self-righteousness more than walking in the truth?
 
The entire Bible is the Word of God, not just the Epistles of Paul. My posts are based on the Word from Gnesis through the Book of Revelation, and including the Epistles.

It seems thos opposed to loving the law are not using the entire Word as a bsis for their authority,l. The Authority of course is God.

Is is sad so many here do not see how, as Tribesman has so well indicated, the law points to Jesus Christ. Learn the law before attempting to say it is not something to be loved, as it is written.

Anyone with the law written upon the inward parts and heart are knowledgeable of this. The law is to be understood, not feared. After all, we who have the law written on our inward parts and hearts live in grace, so we have no fear of the law.

REad all of Romans and see, the law is good, not evil. Paul says it. It is in the Book.

God bless all.

Look this is not rocket science! This is the simplicity of Christ and its said in absolute and evident words... Love fulfills all the law and every commandment of God! If you really want to see others keep Gods law? You would be teaching love, not legalism!

Its really very simple and its easy to see those who really love Gods law, and those who love legalism and their own self-righteousness!
 
Unless you turn and become as a child, you cannot enter the Kingdom of heaven.
We are all saved by the Gospel of grace.
We no longer need fear the law.

This is not rocket science young man, to deliberately break the law habitually is tramping on the Blood of the Lamb of God.

No child of God would do such a thing. It is thumbing your nose at the wisdom of the Father.

Read all of the Word, ask for understanding, believe the Word, and worship the Word in spirit and truth for the Word with the Spirit is Jesus Christ.

No, my friend, it is not rocket science. Now learn to respect your brethren.

Look this is not rocket science! This is the simplicity of Christ and its said in absolute and evident words... Love fulfills all the law and every commandment of God! If you really want to see others keep Gods law? You would be teaching love, not legalism!

Its really very simple and its easy to see those who really love Gods law, and those who love legalism and their own self-righteousness!
 
I do not love Gods law, I love His Son who gave His life for me and freed me from the condemnation of the law. The law said I must go to hell and the blood of Christ gave me eternal life. When I accepted Him I no longer wanted to sin and the Holy Spirit taught me and kept me from sin and times I failed. I asked Him to forgive me and He did and said remember the battle and never do it again. Much like a father would teach his 5 year old. The only way I can overcome my flesh is by faith in the blood of Jesus.
 
Kerry, if I can say something; God tells us in His word that He is perfect. If we consider this and know that God is perfect we should also consider that His law is perfect. It was never God's intention for us to receive our salvation through the law (He even say so Himself in Hosea) but it might have been the ministers of the time that used God's word as a weapon, kinda like we are doing it today :) . If there is an issue with my relationship with God, I am always at fault because He is perfect and cannot sin. I think the law of God is just a summary of His character, a guideline for us to know who we are dealing with.
 
Kerry, if I can say something; God tells us in His word that He is perfect. If we consider this and know that God is perfect we should also consider that His law is perfect. It was never God's intention for us to receive our salvation through the law (He even say so Himself in Hosea) but it might have been the ministers of the time that used God's word as a weapon, kinda like we are doing it today :) . If there is an issue with my relationship with God, I am always at fault because He is perfect and cannot sin. I think the law of God is just a summary of His character, a guideline for us to know who we are dealing with.

My friend you are close. I Am not the authority. How can you keep the law? It is impossible. The law given what 4,000 years ago and did it work? yes it worked to condemn us to hell. Why did Jesus die on the cross if all we needed was law? We already had the law.
 
My friend you are close. I Am not the authority. How can you keep the law? It is impossible. The law given what 4,000 years ago and did it work? yes it worked to condemn us to hell. Why did Jesus die on the cross if all we needed was law? We already had the law.

As I understand it the law was there from day one (God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow) because Abraham kept the law even if it wasn't written down. He kept the Sabbath, he gave his tenth etc. I think the corruption came later and ABBA gave Moses the law in writing to clear up any confusion. Just imagine the arguments if Moses never received the law in writing from God...

I do agree with you that we can't keep the law but understand that the law is perfect just like its Creator :) . Yeshua was the example that we can keep the law but by grace we can now turn to Him. Should we then abolish the law? I don't think so. Yeshua was the Master and we follow him. It is like you voting for Obama but you don't want to be part of his decision making. We can't have it both ways. We must at least try to follow our King, even if we do fail we know that we can turn to Him in His grace.
 
I hope no one here is asking anyone to love the law more thanthe love of Jesus Christ. It is wonderful that any here do love Him more than anything else, even self. However, it is Jesus Christ Who teaches us to seek wisdom and understandign, also what is true knowledge.

It really is permitted, no, encouraged to love God's laws. One should never hate God's laws, for in them is found true wisdom an dunderstangine. All is given to be written down by Jesus Christ, for He IS the Word. Do not edit what He has given us to learn, not in word nor in deed.

You need no longer fear the sting of the law for it has been destroyed. Living in grace we are free to derive the good of the law, for, as Paul teaches, teh law is not evil, it is holy. Stop fearing the law. Only those who do not yet truly know grace do such a thing.

God bless you always.



I do not love Gods law, I love His Son who gave His life for me and freed me from the condemnation of the law. The law said I must go to hell and the blood of Christ gave me eternal life. When I accepted Him I no longer wanted to sin and the Holy Spirit taught me and kept me from sin and times I failed. I asked Him to forgive me and He did and said remember the battle and never do it again. Much like a father would teach his 5 year old. The only way I can overcome my flesh is by faith in the blood of Jesus.
 
People seem unable to separate the difference between the Law given down in the First Testament, and the Law of Faith that Paul spoke of. The Commandments of Jesus Christ in His ministry here on earth are inclusive in the Law of Faith.....these Commandments have in no way been abolished. Jesus Himself established them for His Church to follow/obey.

John 14:15 .) If ye love me, keep my commandments.



Anyone who argues against this is kicking against the pricks.
 
Unless you turn and become as a child, you cannot enter the Kingdom of heaven.
We are all saved by the Gospel of grace.
We no longer need fear the law.

This is not rocket science young man, to deliberately break the law habitually is tramping on the Blood of the Lamb of God.

No child of God would do such a thing. It is thumbing your nose at the wisdom of the Father.

Read all of the Word, ask for understanding, believe the Word, and worship the Word in spirit and truth for the Word with the Spirit is Jesus Christ.

No, my friend, it is not rocket science. Now learn to respect your brethren.
What? How sad that you see love as breaking the law and not fulfilling the law as the bible clearly and evidently teaches? The Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit...not mans righteousness through legalism but Gods righteousness that in found in faith.
 
People seem unable to separate the difference between the Law given down in the First Testament, and the Law of Faith that Paul spoke of. The Commandments of Jesus Christ in His ministry here on earth are inclusive in the Law of Faith.....these Commandments have in no way been abolished. Jesus Himself established them for His Church to follow/obey.

John 14:15 .) If ye love me, keep my commandments.



Anyone who argues against this is kicking against the pricks.

Some hear or read the word "law" or "commandment" and they can only see that as being the law of Moses....they cannot yet see the "law of faith" ...or the law of the Spirit of life in Christ...or the law of Christ. In Christ we are taken from these lower carnal laws "the written code of Moses" into the higher laws of the Spirit of God. Love alone fulfills the true law of God...its not the law written on stones...its the law written in the believers heart.
 
Jesus ¨Christ teaches us the entire law hangs on love. This being true, the law is in love. Now, learn which laws these are since all seem to think law means All of the Laws given to Moses to write down for all.
One should never accuse a brother of teaching agains love,. This is bearing flse witness. Perhaps some here believe bearing false witness being a sin is passé, but following this commandment is love. God bless all who are obedient to Jesus Christ, amen.

What? How sad that you see love as breaking the law and not fulfilling the law as the bible clearly and evidently teaches? The Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit...not mans righteousness through legalism but Gods righteousness that in found in faith.
 
Jesus ¨Christ teaches us the entire law hangs on love. This being true, the law is in love. Now, learn which laws these are since all seem to think law means All of the Laws given to Moses to write down for all.
One should never accuse a brother of teaching agains love,. This is bearing flse witness. Perhaps some here believe bearing false witness being a sin is passé, but following this commandment is love. God bless all who are obedient to Jesus Christ, amen.

You know that we have ALL the New Testament to put in context what Christ was saying before His Cross... Do you reject the epistles of Paul that show us the purpose of the law of Moses and how we now fulfill it all in love? That the letter kills but the Spirit gives life?

Ro 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.


you know there was much more written than just the words of the Lord on the earth...He now speaks from heaven!
 
People seem unable to separate the difference between the Law given down in the First Testament, and the Law of Faith that Paul spoke of. The Commandments of Jesus Christ in His ministry here on earth are inclusive in the Law of Faith.....these Commandments have in no way been abolished. Jesus Himself established them for His Church to follow/obey.

John 14:15 .) If ye love me, keep my commandments.



Anyone who argues against this is kicking against the pricks.

have to agree with you here.....
 
Now you are putting all of the New Testament into into context. You will be the first ever to do this. It will be nice to see your outcome.

Now concerning the New Testament and Paul's letters. I have learned from Paul for decades, actually since before you were born, and I love Paul, and I love his teachings, but as should all who love Jesus Christ, I love Jesus Christ much more, so I always resort to Him for what I believe and learn in His will. Paul does teach the same as does our Lord, but for some odd reason many pervert the teachings of the two using Paul's writing only which cannot refute anything taught by Jesus Christ. No, Paul supports everything Jesus Christ teaches in the New Testamen, and what Jesus Christ teaches in the Old Testamen.. You see all that is in the New Testament about Jesus Christ is written first in the Old Testamen. The words new and old testament or covenant are used a lot in the two collections, however they both write about the same Savior and the same Salvation found only in Him.

Go ahead, put the New Testament into context. I look forward to this great and singular work.

You know that we have ALL the New Testament to put in context what Christ was saying before His Cross... Do you reject the epistles of Paul that show us the purpose of the law of Moses and how we now fulfill it all in love? That the letter kills but the Spirit gives life?

Ro 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.


you know there was much more written than just the words of the Lord on the earth...He now speaks from heaven!
 
Now you are putting all of the New Testament into into context. You will be the first ever to do this. It will be nice to see your outcome.

Now concerning the New Testament and Paul's letters. I have learned from Paul for decades, actually since before you were born, and I love Paul, and I love his teachings, but as should all who love Jesus Christ, I love Jesus Christ much more, so I always resort to Him for what I believe and learn in His will. Paul does teach the same as does our Lord, but for some odd reason many pervert the teachings of the two using Paul's writing only which cannot refute anything taught by Jesus Christ. No, Paul supports everything Jesus Christ teaches in the New Testamen, and what Jesus Christ teaches in the Old Testamen.. You see all that is in the New Testament about Jesus Christ is written first in the Old Testamen. The words new and old testament or covenant are used a lot in the two collections, however they both write about the same Savior and the same Salvation found only in Him.

Go ahead, put the New Testament into context. I look forward to this great and singular work.

I just did...maybe you missed it? :) and im not sure what your problem is again with the clear and evident fact that if folks really love the law of God they would be teaching "love" not legalism!


Ro 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.


Sir go on and on about how you believe you know the truth of God...how many years you have studied or whatever? In fact legalist often have a tendency to brag, but the commandment of God is to love and those who do not know and teach love are not children of God....no matter how long they have been in a certain religion.
 
How true. My first reply to the post is directly to the title of the post. It does imply those who do not love the law probably hate it, and this should not be so. Paul teaches the law is good, and it is holy. Or am I teaching against Paul by pointing pit tjos teacjomg?

It is curious how many experts ther are on the New Testament who seem to completely overlook the first believers in our Lord, Jesus Christ, learned from the writings, the prophets and the Pentateuch, the Old Testament. How is it they learned teh gospel of grace from those writings? I suppose only those who read only the New have that ansawer.

I find it fascinating that Mitspa starts a thread with such a title.
 
  • Like
Reactions: john832
Of course the children of the Most High loves His law and want to keep same. However, we need to rightly divide law and gospel. Sometimes God's children tend to look to the law when they should look to the gospel.
 
Of course the children of the Most High loves His law and want to keep same. However, we need to rightly divide law and gospel. Sometimes God's children tend to look to the law when they should look to the gospel.

and vice-versa?